Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

I cant believe the sheer number of yahoos on here pushing Callahan as being okay as the next coach...Because he won against 3 meaningless teams and wasnt as bad as the worst in the league.

Worst offense in the NFL.  Thats what Bill Callahan the offensive coach gets you. The guy has been a joke of an OLine coach for years, he shouldnt even be coaching in the NFL anymore in my opinion, much less as HC.

And these same people will quickly parrot Rivera as well, because literally any name is good enough.  They can find positives with everything, and thats why everything is so negative.

51 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I cant believe the sheer number of yahoos on here pushing Callahan as being okay as the next coach...Because he won against 3 meaningless teams and wasnt as bad as the worst in the league.

Worst offense in the NFL.  Thats what Bill Callahan the offensive coach gets you. The guy has been a joke of an OLine coach for years, he shouldnt even be coaching in the NFL anymore in my opinion, much less as HC.

And these same people will quickly parrot Rivera as well, because literally any name is good enough.  They can find positives with everything, and thats why everything is so negative.

Wait, are a lot of people pushing for Callahan as HC here? I only remember seeing a few posts suggesting it as a possibility. 

Needless to say I think there's zero chance of that. 

6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Who should be the coach?

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Who should be the coach?

Bringing in rivera is the same move as bringing in alex smith, we know what we're going to get and we could certainly do much worse but it's very vanilla and won't do much to move the needle.

What we really need is a true reset that involves a young up and coming g.m. who's allowed to choose his own young up and coming coach, preferably a combination of people who successful teams have been desperately trying to hang onto.

But it looks like dan isn't quite ready for that and another re-tread who may bring us back to at least respectable is going to have to do.

5 to 8 years from now we're going to be having a lot of these same conversations, hopefully after at least a couple playoff births.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Bringing in rivera is the same move as bringing in alex smith, we know what we're going to get and we could certainly do much worse but it's very vanilla and won't do much to move the needle.

What we really need is a true reset that involves a young up and coming g.m. who's allowed to choose his own young up and coming coach, preferably a combination of people who successful teams have been desperately trying to hang onto.

But it looks like dan isn't quite ready for that and another re-tread who may bring us back to at least respectable is going to have to do.

5 to 8 years from now we're going to be having a lot of these same conversations, hopefully after at least a couple playoff births.

Hey...the redskins are looking for a general manager now lol

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hey...the redskins are looking for a general manager now lol

Yeah, right now it's all speculation. 

Maybe dan goes this route this year, but with rivera having a meeting today it certainly looks like snider at least wants to go with an established coach. 

When Cooke hired Gibbs he was just an exciting young offensive coordinator with potential. 

That's what I'd like to see, but to be honest I wouldn't be devastated by rivera, he's a good coach and maybe this culture needs someone like him to reset us before we go for the young up and comer ,  that might be a disaster with this organization the way it currently resides.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Yeah, right now it's all speculation. 

Maybe dan goes this route this year, but with rivera having a meeting today it certainly looks like snider at least wants to go with an established coach. 

When Cooke hired Gibbs he was just an exciting young offensive coordinator with potential. 

That's what I'd like to see, but to be honest I wouldn't be devastated by rivera, he's a good coach and maybe this culture needs someone like him to reset us before we go for the young up and comer ,  that might be a disaster with this organization the way it currently resides.

My thoughts as well.  It could be hard for a first-time NFL coach dealing with where this organization is coming from and hoping to move towards.  At least Rivera has the background and credentials to try to turn things around.  Here's hoping he at least starts us moving in the right direction even if he may not be the one to get us over the finish line.

28 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

My thoughts as well.  It could be hard for a first-time NFL coach dealing with where this organization is coming from and hoping to move towards.  At least Rivera has the background and credentials to try to turn things around.  Here's hoping he at least starts us moving in the right direction even if he may not be the one to get us over the finish line.

My thoughts exactly. Ron brings us back to being respected and competitive.  To me that is real progress given the joke we have been for years. You have to crawl before you can walk. I'm not expecting us to win the marathon but just get back to place where this is an attractive organization to work and play for again.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Has Callahan even officially been let go yet?

There was speculation yesterday that Rivera if hired would interview several of existing coaches to see if he would retain them.  Both KOC and Callahan were specifically mentioned.  Seeing that Rivera is more of a D minded coaches, perhaps they stay.  Be a shame to lose Tomsula on the DL slot but I'm sure Rivera's D staff will be in total a much better unit is utilizing our D talent properly.

Archived