Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Bears at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

we just need to ride it out. there really isn't anyone on staff to take over for Jay. Firing a hc mid season never works. 

You’re right, it usually doesn’t but what I’ve seen is a team with the players capable of hanging with some of the best teams in league but hamstrung but horrible coaching.  Would it get any better?  Maybe not, but it damn sure couldn’t get any worse.

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Problem it’s a short work week.  But at this point what’s the difference both sides of the ball aren’t getting it done.  I’m ready to see what Tomsula can don as DC at least.  

I seriously wonder how much better we would be if we let the cheerleaders call the defensive plays. They can do it inbetween dance routines. Heck, use a roulette wheel and let random chance be the defensive coordinator. Even better, let the opposing OC play dual roles each week. They can be OC and DC. They can call plays against their own offense!

Hah! No one would see that coming!!!

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Problem it’s a short work week.  But at this point what’s the difference both sides of the ball aren’t getting it done.  I’m ready to see what Tomsula can don as DC at least.  

Bill Callahan can be the interim, he had two seasons at Oakland 

Just now, abdcskins said:

Not much to say other than horrible.  Sloppy is the other word that comes to mind.  I see 1-15 coming.

That would be excellent, could rebuild half the team with the haul we'd get trading down from there, if we did.

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Sounds like my dad..he thinks its more on the players 

Old school fans can sometimes be more likely to blame the players because they still aren't used to needing to have the audacity to question the coaches decisions, something that never really needed to be done in the glory years. 

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Santana Moss blaming the players more than the coaches.

I think there's some justification to that. 

However, in the first half on offense, Jay could have helped out the O by calling more three step drops. The o line wasn't able to pass protect. Call some quick passes. We had way too many long developing plays. And, you know, Peterson was ripping off some four and eight yard runs along with the two yarders. Maybe a few more runs with Peterson would have helped. It couldn't have hurt. I mean wouldn't you take three yards versus a pick six and another hit on your QB?

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I never blame the players as a whole.

When one player has a bad game you can put it on him individually, but when the whole team comes out looking like a monkey **** fight at the zoo that's always on the coaches. 

37 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If this happens, does anyone even bat an eye? 

Yes, because the team will spend 10 million doing another study in the offseason only to determine that, despite the fact that the rat and McLauren both tested positive for the plague, there was no evidence that he contracted plague from that particular rat.  I'm pretty sure the Patriots would just spent $25.00 on a snow shovel and thrown the thing in the Jets lockeroom before it infected their young star WR.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Well then, Allen needs to be fired for putting this group of players together.  Must have a penchant for drafting and signing guys who are lazy idiots...oh wait, is that Preston Smith waving at me?

I just listened to Jay’s presser.  One thing he said is that a lot of the offensive guys haven’t played together, or in this offense. Case, Lenn, Flowers, McLaurin, Quinn only played 2 games last year. So there were going to be growing pains. 

And I understand some of that. 

But on the flip side, that’s why you have OTA’s mini-camp, training camp and 4 preseason games.  To get folks up to speed, determine what they can do and get them comfortable doing it.

The one guy I could understand really struggling for that reason is Penn because he got here late.  But he’s not the primary issue.

One of the primary jobs of the head coach is to figure out how to prepare the team in the practices available to be ready.  3 games into the season, “we’re still learning” really shouldn’t be an excuse. 

Every team has some turnover on both sides of the ball.  You can’t spend 1/4 of the regular season getting chemistry.  You’ve got to use the practices better so you are more prepared for the season.

Also, Jay once again mentioned being balanced.  I think somebody needs to explain to him that the concept of being balanced was to keep teams guessing so they didn’t know what was coming.  When you run on first down 60% of the time, it eliminates all the advantages of being balanced. 

Outside of Brady, the Redskins are as talented as the Patriots. However, they are not as conditioned, not as smart, not as well coached and the organizational culture is night and day. But if you place some of these guys on the Patriots, I believe this team would be winning. Amazingly, former players are screaming about how this coaching staff need to pound their heads against a wall before they make adjustments.

I don't post much, but for the love of God I can't understand how anyone can defend this abysmal excuse of a coaching staff is beyond me. Gruden has had more than enough time to prove he can handle HC duties. He has epically failed. 

He hired Manusky over... wait for it... Wade Phillips. Yeah, let that sink in. 

2nd half adjustments (he wouldn't know what the **** that means if you gave him a diagram), piss poor effort coming into games, the lack of preparation, and day spa training camps have turned this team soft and useless.

There's talent on this team to be sure. But this coaching staff has failed to realize that potential because they are at the very least incompetent. But more so, this once proud franchise has become the ****ing good old boys club under that slimy piece of grade a horse**** gm, president, Coors light drinking dip****. 

Bottom line: I now hate that I raised my son to root for this team as he has had endure this clownshow cluster****. And it's starts with the asshat at the top.

Sad when all you can do is hope the NFL will drop kick his ass to the curb. 

😫

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I kind of disagree with that, it's a mix of everyone which tells me it's the culture

Agree.  Everyone has a part (players, coaches and FO) but look at teams like the rams.  That team was turned around immediately by replacing that bum Jeff fisher.  Coaching matters.  

Archived