Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

15 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I guess 29 more teams left.

Geez, what a rollercoaster. If this guy is to be believed, we're back at square one. Who the hell knows what is up and what is down anymore lol.

I will hope that something ends up happening and we get at least decent compensation for TW. Still hope for a 1st, but realistically that's not gonna happen. Probably back to 3rd-4th round pick compensation.. which blows.

If Miami is looking for an LT I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just make a trade for Trent for their third instead of using a high first? I get it he’s older, but with the amount of ammo they have they can easily turn that franchise around in a year. I figure Trent has a good 4 years left in him minimum, if Miami can get Tua, a WR and a cornerstone defensive player in the first, an RB in the second and Trent with their third rounder, that completely changes their entire outlook.

14 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Geez, what a rollercoaster. If this guy is to be believed, we're back at square one. Who the hell knows what is up and what is down anymore lol.

I will hope that something ends up happening and we get at least decent compensation for TW. Still hope for a 1st, but realistically that's not gonna happen. Probably back to 3rd-4th round pick compensation.. which blows.

He's just a twitter-fan like the rest of us. I don't think he has any real sources. He's just analyzing the news that is coming through.

19 minutes ago, dyst said:

Doubt the Patrick "source" trade happens. Would be great, but I don't see why any team would give up a 1st for him.

I'll give you a reason or two:

1). A team is close to being great but has a huge hole at LT and not a high pick in the 1st round.

2). A team has a "franchise" QB but no LT and needs to protect him asap with a solid vet

3). A team has multiple 1st round picks and can afford to deal for a proven left tackle with pro bowl talent

4). The Skins have made it known they won't give TW away for less

5). Peace of mind. Getting a proven LT allows offensive coordinators to know that position set and they don't have to worry about it again.

Sorry, that was 5 possible reasons.

29 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I thought I read he's never drafted an OT in the first round? Which doesn't mean there can't be a first time of course.

"The Giants can expect that to change and quickly with the 66-year-old Gettleman in charge. He has long believed in a philosophy of building from the trenches out - focusing first on the offensive and defensive lines."

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/gettleman-wants-to-fix-offensive-line-i-believe-in-the-hog-mollies/264101742

As you said, who knows what happens this time around, but that's his reputation.  

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If Miami is looking for an LT I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just make a trade for Trent for their third instead of using a high first? I get it he’s older, but with the amount of ammo they have they can easily turn that franchise around in a year. I figure Trent has a good 4 years left in him minimum, if Miami can get Tua, a WR and a cornerstone defensive player in the first, an RB in the second and Trent with their third rounder, that completely changes their entire outlook.

This makes sense but I'm betting the Skins won't settle for Miami's 3rd. We'd need their 2nd at worst, which I still think they should do if we agreed to it. If I were the Skins I'd ask for their 2nd and a player for Trent.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

This makes sense but I'm betting the Skins won't settle for Miami's 3rd. We'd need their 2nd at worst, which I still think they should do if we agreed to it. If I were the Skins I'd ask for their 2nd and a player for Trent.

We are lucky to get a 2022 5th rounder if we don't trade him and he walks. 

**** Trent. Trading him for anything is pretty much a win.

33 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Mark is an X's and O's guy who breaks down plays. He lives in England. You and I are as plugged into what's happening as he is.

MartinC he can post whatever he wants to post but when you start posting other peoples info, to me it doesn't look good as someone who works in the business and is supposed to provide their own data.  He's piggy backing off of a source who's rep isn't all that good.  Maybe he should stay away from passing along tweet info like that then and keep to the Xs and O's like you said.  :)

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They say, "I think Trent is his own agent"

That's not correct, unless he just fired him.

They could mean in terms of self-advocating for a trade behind the scenes while he had permission from the team. His agent doesn't rep very many players at all, actually. Who knows what their working relationship is like. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

these are the Browns initials picks then...

1- #10

2- #41

3- #74 and #97

4- #115

and what about the TE a we’ve talked about for a year, Njoku is it :rofl89:

Man, I'm setting myself up for big let down lol. 

Really hoping we can squeeze a 2nd (and maybe a 3rd) out of the Browns. 

Where would Njoku rank amongst this year's crop of TE? 

2 minutes ago, duffy said:

Where would Njoku rank amongst this year's crop of TE? 

Top. By a distance.

But he's coming off a year were he hardly played due to a broken wrist and he was in the doghouse over there anyway - he was a healthy scratch for their last few games. He was productive though in 2018 - 50 odd catches 600+ yards.

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I honestly don’t think we’ll get a 2nd let alone a 2nd and a player. Too many teams are waiting until the draft plays out and if they manage to snag one of the OL. Miami can theoretically go Tua at 5 and depending on if one Of the top OL makes it to them at 18 they have that option in their back pocket. They don’t have too many players we should be looking at unless Gisecki is in play.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’ll say #41 and #115 and the TE and we give them Trent and our 5th.

My money is on Cleveland's 2021 first or 2nd round pick plus Ojoku.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I honestly don’t think we’ll get a 2nd let alone a 2nd and a player. Too many teams are waiting until the draft plays out and if they manage to snag one of the OL. Miami can theoretically go Tua at 5 and depending on if one Of the top OL makes it to them at 18 they have that option in their back pocket. They don’t have too many players we should be looking at unless Gisecki is in play.

Keep the faith....RR will get it done. 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

My money is on Cleveland's 2021 first or 2nd round pick plus Ojoku.

I may have gotten my hopes up earlier today for the idea of a 1st ... but I will say I will be happy with anything that is a 3+ or higher.

I want a 3rd and a 5th minimum. I would be happy with a 3rd and 4th. Pretty thrilled with a pair of 3's ... we'll see what ends up happening.

Archived