Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That's what I was wondering. They've always been a logical fit, TBH. They really need an OT. If the rumors were true about them trying to move ahead of the NYG to take Andrew Thomas, they could have the veteran version of him for cheaper. Interesting it would be #26 because I would personally take #56 at this rate haha.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’ll guess the Seahawks 

If we can get Miami, Seattle, and TB into a bidding war, this could be good.  TB and Seattle likely don't have a shot at their top choice at Tackle... 

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

For everyone saying Tampa trades for Trent.  How do they afford him?  Minus the contract it makes perfect sense, but they don't have any cap space for even their incoming rookies.

There was another thread if i remember correctly that detailed about 8 or 10 players that had room to come up with money.  I can't find it, but i'm sure if TB wanted Trent, they could make room for him..  This is part of the reason I think they shop Brate instead of Howard, the cap hit and cost over multiple years is a lot higher.  

So things seem to FINALLY be heating up.. Could Dan Patrick's 1st round pick tweet possibly be true?
I'm crossing my fingers that it could actually happen.. Not especially hopeful but could you imagine what we could do with an extra 1st? Take a tackle, trade it down and add more day 2 and 3 picks.. take a king's ransom for # 2 and then trade back up with detroit for #3 and Chase.. (highly unlikely, but still worth daydreaming about)

Just now, panahoo said:

Trade TW and 142 for 14? Paying all of TWs salary for this year. Then trade 14 down for late 1st and 2nd. Grab Chase Young, Patrick Queen, and a WR?

Ok no more day dreaming.....

It would be hard to see us get #14 out of this. I would think to get #14 we would have to offer up #66.

Of course, I think everyone here would trade 66 and TW for #14. You may have an outside shot of getting a tackle that falls, or as you alluded to trade down to accumulate picks.

Still hard to see TB doing that unless we eat all of TWs 2020 salary.

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It would be hard to see us get #14 out of this. I would think to get #14 we would have to offer up #66.

Of course, I think everyone here would trade 66 and TW for #14. You may have an outside shot of getting a tackle that falls, or as you alluded to trade down to accumulate picks.

Still hard to see TB doing that unless we eat all of TWs 2020 salary.

I would be good with that!

I don't want to be a downer, but there was only one report about a 1st and so far it seemed we had troubles finding someone that offers even a 2nd round pick. Why would teams now offer a first rounder when they could have had him for a 2nd a couple of weeks back.

Since it was reported we also might take something that is equivalent to a 2nd or a future pick the best I can think about is a 2021 first rounder. But I don't see that happening either.

Archived