Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I just got the espn alert "browns could still get Trent Williams" and I almost went nuts, until I re read it.  I can't wait for this trade to get done.

My best guess about the Browns based on rumors would be this, too.

A.  They want one of the top 4 tackles fall to their pick, if one does they take him if not they go for another position.

B. They supposedly love Ezra Cleveland, I am a big fan of him too, and they try to trade up in the late first or early 2nd to get him

If they fail on both counts Trent is then plan C. 

The reason why I have the most faith in Minny is the desperately need a corner, too.  And they pick later in the first.  I can see things converge where they lose out on an OT in both rounds and take a corner in the first and I'd put the odds on that they do lose out on an OT.   

The tweet above from Keim is the most optimistic I've seen from him on trading Trent for something good.  I've gone from being a relatively optimist about trade compensation for Trent (still don't think though they'd get 2019 level compensation) to a pessimist.  And the pessimism is almost purely based on Keim.  So if he starts getting more upbeat it will change my mood for the better on this. 

Keim tweets in mangled sentence fragments like no one ever told him the character limit increased from 140 to 280.

I'm glad a legit national reporter like Josina is finally tweeting about this, with Schefter's co-sign...definitely makes me more positive something could happen. Josina has good sources, usually the players themselves.

I am sooooo interested to know what we can get for TW. If this really is heating up and a trade goes down before the weekend (assume prior to R2/3 on Friday) ... this could be fun.

Do Redskins stick to R2 value or do they push for R1? Keep in mind, doesn't have to be a 1st rounder. R1 value = 2020 R2 + 2021 R2 ...

Personally, I think someone with a few 3s and 4s could be the landing spot. A team gets to keep its 2nd. Skins get a pair of 3's ... Browns and Jets both have that.

Teams can create capital fairly easily. Browns or Jets giving up their 3's ... those could be recouped by trading back in R1 or even R2.

1. Vikings (1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5)

2. Browns (1, 2, 3, 3, 4)

3. Jets (1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5)

4. Bucs (1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5)

5. Chargers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Those are the teams that make the most sense to get this trade done, in order. Vikings have a lot of picks too.

Not all round picks are created equal either. The Jets have 3.4 and 3.15. Browns have 3.10 and 3.33 ... the Vikings have 3.25 and 3.41

Obviously I would much rather have the Jets 3+3 than the Vikings 3+3 ... and I would probably take the Jets earlier 3 and their 4th over the Vikings pair of 3's ... it would be 3.4 (68) and 4.14 (120) over 3.25 (89) and 3.41 (105) ...

Interesting, but #68 and #120 = 304 in trade value points ... #89 and #105 = 229 ... so even though on paper the Vikings 3+3 seems better than Jets 3+4 ... the Jets 3+4 is way more valuable. Just something to keep in mind as we near a likely trade.

This is why the Skins need to hold firm on their asking price:

Former Redskins GM Scot McCloughan is among those who believe the lineman is worth the asking price. Speaking to Team 980’s Kevin Sheehan, McCloughan said Williams would still be taken in the first round of the upcoming draft, even at his current age.

“He’d be the first tackle taken this year in the draft, hands down — even at his age (31),’’ McCloughan said (via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com). “You know what you’ve got. You bring him in, you’re going get three to four years out of him, and it’s going to be Pro Bowl years, that’s legit one of the top five tackles in the NFL, hands down, right now.’’

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My best guess about the Browns based on rumors would be this, too.

A.  They want one of the top 4 tackles fall to their pick, if one does they take him if not they go for another position.

B. They supposedly love Ezra Cleveland, I am a big fan of him too, and they try to trade up in the late first or early 2nd to get him

If they fail on both counts Trent is then plan C. 

The reason why I have the most faith in Minny is the desperately need a corner, too.  And they pick later in the first.  I can see things converge where they lose out on an OT in both rounds and take a corner in the first and I'd put the odds on that they do lose out on an OT.   

The only way they'd fail on both counts is if they forego plan A.   One of those four tackles absolutely will be available at pick 10. The only reason I see them wanting Trent is because they might rank another non tackle player significantly higher than the 4 tackles (or a couple of the tackles) and will take him at 10. 

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I am sooooo interested to know what we can get for TW. If this really is heating up and a trade goes down before the weekend (assume prior to R2/3 on Friday) ... this could be fun.

Do Redskins stick to R2 value or do they push for R1? Keep in mind, doesn't have to be a 1st rounder. R1 value = 2020 R2 + 2021 R2 ...

Love your optimism about what they'd get for Trent.  It would be a shocker to me for them to get first round value considering multiple beat guys and national reporters are saying they are struggling to get 2nd round value and lately have settled on getting third round value albeit but they haven't been offered 3rd round value, yet. 

If you recall there was a lot of initial optimism about trading Trent at the outset of when it came out that they'd trade him.  Nothing happened.  And according to guys like Keim and Pauline they weren't even offered a 4th rounder as of now.  

The pessimist in my sees this as the Redskins trying to artificially pump up the idea that there is heavy interest in order to generate an offer.   If lets say it's the Vikings dragging their feet and they've been the only game in town of late, they might want to egg them on that they have competition. 

The optimist in me sees it as a teams getting nervous closer to the draft and want to settle the LT position.  And maybe there is something to Keim's tweet that the Vikings may have lost their opportunity.  I take that point as the Vikings had the Redskins talking with little to no competition for Trent and squandered the opportunity because they had leverage then and don't have it now. 

Not that Keim is the be all and end all.  but he was eerily accurate about FA.  So I presume he's well sourced.  Plus some others have backed his same points.  Will see. 

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ive seen the Chargers as viable in a trade scenario for a while. Same in the draft for that matter.

They swung a great trade moving Okung for Turner. Left them at 6 to get a LT or QB. They have to be one of the players in the mix this week to at least look to make a move in some capacity.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ive seen the Chargers as viable in a trade scenario for a while. Same in the draft for that matter.

They swung a great trade moving Okung for Turner. Left them at 6 to get a LT or QB. They have to be one of the players in the mix this week to at least look to make a move in some capacity.

As to Trent there have been narratives about teams who have actively shown interest versus teams that fans-media speculate should be interested.  After all this time, I've started to discount the teams that "should be interested" but haven't made a real play.  I guess you never know where maybe its happened behind the scenes and it never leaked out. 

I've heard multiple times the Browns, Jets, Vikings have shown genuine interest.  So I take them the most seriously.  But yeah it would be cool if some other teams got into the hunt. 

I know Minnesota has held firm on not giving up assets under this premise that they highly value draft picks, but they are also the team that drafted a kicker in the 5th and cut him before the end of the year. Then traded a 5th for a kicker, before cutting him before the season started. 

I would hold firm on a high price for Trent. 

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

The only way they'd fail on both counts is if they forego plan A.   One of those four tackles absolutely will be available at pick 10. The only reason I see them wanting Trent is because they might rank another non tackle player significantly higher than the 4 tackles (or a couple of the tackles) and will take him at 10. 

I doubt the Browns have the all 4 of those tackles ranked in the top 10.  It's likely they only have 2 of them ranked that high.  If one's there they take him, if not they try to trade down to a range and take one of their 2nd tier OT prospects.  Or they stay at 10 and go BPA.  #9/#10 spot is likely where the first run on WRs could go so Philly might jump up to 10 and the Browns can drop to #21 and take Josh Jones or Erza Cleveland.  OR if they can get a 3rd and 4th from the Eagles and probably a 2021 pick, they could call the Skins and work out a trade for Trent and then take a LB or Safety at 21.  

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

This is why the Skins need to hold firm on their asking price:

Former Redskins GM Scot McCloughan is among those who believe the lineman is worth the asking price. Speaking to Team 980’s Kevin Sheehan, McCloughan said Williams would still be taken in the first round of the upcoming draft, even at his current age.

“He’d be the first tackle taken this year in the draft, hands down — even at his age (31),’’ McCloughan said (via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com). “You know what you’ve got. You bring him in, you’re going get three to four years out of him, and it’s going to be Pro Bowl years, that’s legit one of the top five tackles in the NFL, hands down, right now.’’

I think that line of thinking is why McLovin isn’t in some team’s FO right now LOL! Someone people hire him just for a few minutes to give up a Lindbergh baby-like ransom for TW? Please?

36 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This is an intriguing thought, but would RR want to bring in a diva like OBJ when trying to build a culture? 

Honestly OBJ has been a good soldier in CLE and played through injury all season without complaint even though the offense (and Baker) regressed badly under Kitchens and another WR out-targeted and out-produced him. Never said a peep. Hasn't said a peep or been controversial all offseason despite the never-ending rumors that he'll be traded.

The "diva" cancer narrative with OBJ is overplayed imo. Everyone here wanted Diggs and Diggs has been way more annoying and created way more waves for his team than OBJ the last 2 years.

Skins need to stand their ground here. Just because the narrative is out there that he wont fetch more than a third or fourth rounder doesn't make it so..At this moment TW is far and away the best and most proven LT than any team can get in their locker room via trade, draft, or FA signing providing that he is healthy and willing to work out a new deal that wont cripple his new team going forward. Draft prospects are just that....prospects. How many times have we seen highly touted tackles get drafted early and wind up playing guard. We had two of them on our Oline just last season.  With Trent that is not in question, he can start tomorrow and that has to be part of the equation here. Yes he may only have a handful of seasons left in the tank but that is not going to matter to a team that is on the cusp. Trent, his moron agent, and that train wreck of a human being Bruce  have screwed this thing up from the start, but now adults are in control of the situation and they are apparently content with letting it play out as long as it needs to in order to recoup some of the investment that was made in the player.

I love it !!!!!  

Riverboat Ron - folded on QD, Now doubles down on TW   

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard multiple times the Browns, Jets, Vikings have shown genuine interest.  So I take them the most seriously.  

The Vikings could be stacked with picks. They have 12 already and they are potentially looking to move back with their current duo of picks in the 20s. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The Vikings could be stacked with picks. They have 12 already and they are potentially looking to move back with their current duo of picks in the 20s. 

Keim in recent past has alluded to the Vikings being really the only team that is serious about it right now.  If so, the Vikings have good leverage.  If not, then I think they should be able to get them to amp their offer.

Breer's mocks right before the draft are typically good because he's plugged in.  This is his mock today.  If this happens obviously it wouldn't be good for us. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/21/nfl-mock-draft-17-dolphins-herbert-ruggs-lamb?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

10. Cleveland: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

So with the trades mixed in now, things fall a little differently than they did in my Monday column, and Becton’s off-the-charts athletic potential should play well with the analytics people and fit Kevin Stefanski’s desire for linemen who can move. And if Becton hits that potential? He and Jack Conklin have a chance to be a couple of nasty tone-setters for a long time to come bookending Cleveland’s line.

11. N.Y. Jets: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

I believe Joe Douglas wants to take a tackle here. I do not believe he’ll force it. And Wills's falling in his lap here makes this one pretty easy for him.

@Skinsinparadise to be honest that’s why im more swayed towards a team like the Chargers or Seahawks coming in for a Trent, Vikings too for that matters. 

Chargers go rookie QB and bring Trent in

Seahawks not exactly a wash with needs, can afford the ‘luxury’

Vikings trade out of the first with one of their 2 picks, can also afford to part with picks. Also ship Reiff and his contract out in the process. 

Archived