Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

34 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I expect if there were a trade it would be a 1 for 1 or perhaps TB throws in a 5th. 

47 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Bucs wanted a 2 for him last year and didn’t get one. Skins want a 2 this year and aren’t getting one. Think we’d probably Need to be happy with a straight player for player trade 

I'd think a later round pick or maybe our 4rth for the 2nd or 3rd.

Honestly, I am totally down with a straight swap. It looks like we would lose out on it, but it may still be the best option for everybody.

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd think a later round pick or maybe our 4rth for the 2nd or 3rd.

Honestly, I am totally down with a straight swap. It looks like we would lose out on it, but it may still be the best option for everybody.

Honestly it makes zero sense for Bucs to trade OJ. He’s in the last year of his contract at like 2.5 mil and if the team picks up his fifth year option that’s projected to be around 6 mil. The only thing I can foresee Prompting a trade is OJ asking for a new contract

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Honestly it makes zero sense for Bucs to trade OJ. He’s in the last year of his contract at like 2.5 mil and if the team picks up his fifth year option that’s projected to be around 6 mil. The only thing I can foresee Prompting a trade is OJ asking for a new contract

Hey man, I didn't start the rumor. I'm just riding the high.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hey man, I didn't start the rumor. I'm just riding the high.

Lol. I know. It just doesn’t make sense to me unless Brady flat out doesn’t want him there. And if that’s the case I’m not sure I want him on my team then.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Lol. I know. It just doesn’t make sense to me unless Brady flat out doesn’t want him there. And if that’s the case I’m not sure I want him on my team then.

Ariens isn't a big TE guy. I don't know why it hasn't worked out for him, but he's still wildly better than anything on our roster. He is also a pass catcher and good at blocking. Turner has a TE heavy offense. It would be the best option this year and an experienced TE for Haskins would be great. It also takes a TE a few years to really put it together. Like I said before though, we are packed with Bama boys, so they'd know if he has it.

47 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Something to watch and see if the Browns get their man. If they trade down from 10 and miss out on the higher end tackles and then misjudge when to pick Cleveland they might reach out then for Trent.

seems like the talk is they flip with Denver, 10 and 14 I think. Elway wants a WR.

The Browns just need to follow the blueprint I laid out for them in the ES Mock draft.  Take Javon Kinlaw at 10 and then trade up from 41 and take Erza Cleveland.  I traded up to 33, but realistically the Colts at 34 would probably be the right spot since the Colts are always open to move down.  

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If we traded Trent for OJ, would that stop us from drafting a TE earlyish?

I would hope so. Otherwise what would be the purpose of the trade? If we were drafting for need, there would no longer be one, and if we were drafting solely BPA, I don't think theres a TE that would justify anything prior to our 3rd anyway

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

I would hope so. Otherwise what would be the purpose of the trade? If we were drafting for need, there would no longer be one, and if we were drafting solely BPA, I don't think theres a TE that would justify anything prior to our 3rd anyway

That's the only part I don't like about this possibility. I'd rather trade Trent for a 3rd or a 2nd (if we can) and spend one of the thirds on a TE that will be there. I guarantee one of the top 5 will be when we pick at 66 and with another 3rd and maybe 4th to kick around with, that makes more sense to me.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That's the only part I don't like about this possibility. I'd rather trade Trent for a 3rd or a 2nd (if we can) and spend one of the thirds on a TE that will be there. I guarantee one of the top 5 will be when we pick at 66 and with another 3rd and maybe 4th to kick around with, that makes more sense to me.

But we will have a need at LT, Although it would nice to pick a weighted BPA in the 2nd rd

9 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

But we will have a need at LT, Although it would nice to pick a weighted BPA in the 2nd rd

Whatever we trade Trent for should be allocated to filling the LT position. With two 3rd rounders, depending on how far apart they are and who is on the board, we could fill both TE and LT with those picks. Tampa's 3rd rounder is 76, so only a 10 spot difference. I expect someone like a Robert Hunt or Niang to be there at 76.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Whatever we trade Trent for should be allocated to filling the LT position. With two 3rd rounders, depending on how far apart they are and who is on the board, we could fill both TE and LT with those picks. Tampa's 3rd rounder is 76, so only a 10 spot difference. I expect someone like a Robert Hunt or Niang to be there at 76.

If we end up with 3/3/4/4/5 ... I think you wait on TE. Don’t force it. I’d rather go WR and OT as BPA in R3 and then hit TE in R4

WR Edwards

LT Charles 

TE Moss

OG Onwenu

that would be a solid 3+4 rounds

We need 1 if not 2 WRs early. I’d prefer to wait on TE

11 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well I'd say yes because the TEs are pretty weak in this class.

On the surface I think Yes. But the team will run 2 TE sets. I think many of us assume Thomas and Hentges or Rodgers stick but not ideal for TE2. Serviceable but not ideal. 

So let’s say you trade TW for OJ 

WR @ 3.2 

OT @ 4.2

i am cool using 4.36 or 5.16 on a TE if someone like Thaddeus Moss falls. 

Howard + Moss would be such an upgrade at TE it would go from biggest weakness to a top 3 positional strength. 

3.2 WR Michael Pittman

4.2 OT Saahdiq Charles

4.36 TE Thaddeus Moss

5.16 WR Tyler Johnson

7.2 T/G Jon Runyan

7.15 CB Parnell Motley

Trade: TE OJ Howard

LOAD THE OFFENSE

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Honestly, depending on who is on the board I fully expect this team to trade down from 3.2. We need WR, TE, CB and OL so if we drop say 8-10 spots and grab an extra 4th chances are there will be someone we’re targeting still there.

if we could get 3.4 from the Jets for TW I would take any offer for 3.2 or 3.4 to move back in R3 and add a 4. 

6 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

I'd take a 2021 2nd as long as it came with something late in this draft too like a 5th or 6th.

I'd take a 2021 2nd period.   I'd hope if someone offers that, done deal.  Bc that's probably as good as we can hope for at this point.

Archived