Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

We just have to wait until the draft starts and develops and the Left OTs come off the board.  TWs value will go up. I have heard from other posters here that we already have offers on the table.  So RR and Smith will be patient and wait to pull the trigger.  ALL of this distraction will soon be over with after 4/23 - 4/24. :)

Can’t see a trade happening during the draft, due to the complication of both its ‘virtual’ nature and Trents recent health history. Nobody is going to trade us a pick to use during the draft and fully absorb the risk of him failing a physical after the draft.

36 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Can’t see a trade happening during the draft, due to the complication of both its ‘virtual’ nature and Trents recent health history. Nobody is going to trade us a pick to use during the draft and fully absorb the risk of him failing a physical after the draft.

See my tweet above, 74.  There are rumored offers on the table already.  I think it happens during the draft.  :)

48 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Not to mention the potential risk of there not even being a season in 2020 and him being another year older and away from playing for another year.

43 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not to mention the potential risk of there not even being a season in 2020 and him being another year older and away from playing for another year.

I think that would be the biggest hang up especially if the acquiring team believes it has to renegotiate Trent immediately. If they don't, then all is easy as the trade would forward zero guaranteed dollars. Easy on the cap.  But the idea of taking on Trent's twelve million probably jacked up to 18 plus signing bonus paid on a year that may not even happen could scare off teams.  

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think that would be the biggest hang up especially if the acquiring team believes it has to renegotiate Trent immediately. If they don't, then all is easy as the trade would forward zero guaranteed dollars. Easy on the cap.  But the idea of taking on Trent's twelve million probably jacked up to 18 plus signing bonus paid on a year that may not even happen could scare off teams.  

PLUS they can't even bring him in for a physical. 

Too many things working against a team willing to give up too much for his services. Any other year I think a deal would have been done by now.

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Gotta agree with you....good point.

I do think he’ll be trade before the draft though. Before this weekend hopefully, allows time to bring in a vet stater then draft a later round development rookie.

Slight chance we undersell just to get rid. And Rivera must desperately want another day 2 pick at least.

If Trent and his agent are smart (lol), then you would think he would have made a combine-style workout vid to send to interested teams,  to show his fitness.

I did see a short vid of him squatting and/or benching (with questionable form) but that's about it.

He's better than any tackle after the first round and that's without question, so if you need one and are looking to win, he's valuable. If you can draft one of the top tackles and realize you want another position or player more, he becomes more valuable.

14 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's better than any tackle after the first round and that's without question, so if you need one and are looking to win, he's valuable. If you can draft one of the top tackles and realize you want another position or player more, he becomes more valuable.

Nah he's better than any tackle in the first round too and probably will be for at least 2 maybe 3 years.

Why can't people just admit the truth?

Why do we always have to slight a player if we think he's not going to be a Redskin? Yes, Trent Williams apparently is a head case which he was when this board loved him. Yes, he may get injured from time to time which he was when this board loved him. And Yes he is NOT what this new culture needs. He wasn't good for the culture when this board loved him.  Yet, he is still a dominant player when in the game. Yet, he is a top 3 player at his position.  And yet, the Skins have the leverage and SHOULD use it. There's absolutely no player that they could get right now that would be an upgrade at the left tackle position.

1 hour ago, Timberob said:

Why do we always have to slight a player if we think he's not going to be a Redskin? Yes, Trent Williams apparently is a head case which he was when this board loved him. Yes, he may get injured from time to time which he was when this board loved him. And Yes he is NOT what this new culture needs. He wasn't good for the culture when this board loved him.  Yet, he is still a dominant player when in the game. Yet, he is a top 3 player at his position.  And yet, the Skins have the leverage and SHOULD use it. There's absolutely no player that they could get right now that would be an upgrade at the left tackle position.

Can I take a stab at rewriting your post?...

Why do we always have to slight a player if we think he's not going to be a Redskin? Yes, Trent Williams apparently definitely is a head case which he was when this board loved him only became obvious within the last year. Yes, he may does get injured from time to time every season which he was did when which is why this board loved him didn't want to pay him and wanted to move on from him. And Yes he is NOT what this new culture needs. He wasn't We have no idea if he was good for the culture when this board loved him.  Yet, he is still was a dominant player when in the game several years ago when he actually played. Yet, he is a top 3 10 player at his position, at least we assume.  And yet, the Skins have the leverage and SHOULD use it. Since he hasn't played in a year and a half, can't stay healthy and doesn't want to be here, we assume there's absolutely probably no player that they could get right now that would be an upgrade at the left tackle position.

No need to clarify my post. but I do thank you for making my points. First, if you don't think this board doesn't slight players as soon as they are no longer Redskins then you do not read this forum. Second, if you think it's just an obvious in the last year that he was a head case then you haven't been a fan for very long. Anyone who has been suspended three times breaking rules even though it cost them millions of dollars qualifies as a head case. Third, I love the narrative that he is always injured.  Excluding last season, which was due to contract, he had the potential to play in 146 games including playoffs. He played in 122 if them. Minus 9 for suspension and he has played in 122/137 game which is roughly 90% @ the highest of levels. Fourth, he is still a top player and wasnt just good several years ago as you claim as he made the pro bowl in 2019! Realize that fans have alot of say on pro bowl voting but dont generally care about OL. These guys get voted in by peers and coaches. Fifth, when since 2012 can you claim the Redskins culture was good? Finally,  go ahead and name your available upgrade at left tackle. I never argued whether we should move on. Instead, I suggested being truthful about why we would move on. 

On 4/13/2020 at 8:36 AM, Koolblue13 said:

He's better than any tackle after the first round and that's without question, so if you need one and are looking to win, he's valuable.

This fits: Jets, Browns, Bucs

Jets need to win ASAP with Sam Darnold on his rookie deal and Brady out of the AFC East.

Browns are in win-now mode - same situation plus more talent than the Jets.

Bucs are in a win-now window of 2-3 years with Brady. Fits Trent perfectly. And any OT they have access to at 14 won't be able to step in and dominate right away, like Trent.

Bucs make the most sense for me. I think they could trade us their 2nd or a 3 + future pick for him. They may wait for the draft to unfold to ensure one of the Top 4 OTs doesnt fall to 14. I could see them trade off 14 ... move to the end of the 1st and add a 2nd. Draft RB in the 1st ... and send one of their 2nds to us for Trent. Not sure why i have that thought, but it seems the most logical destination

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This fits: Jets, Browns, Bucs

Jets need to win ASAP with Sam Darnold on his rookie deal and Brady out of the AFC East.

Browns are in win-now mode - same situation plus more talent than the Jets.

Bucs are in a win-now window of 2-3 years with Brady. Fits Trent perfectly. And any OT they have access to at 14 won't be able to step in and dominate right away, like Trent.

Bucs make the most sense for me. I think they could trade us their 2nd or a 3 + future pick for him. They may wait for the draft to unfold to ensure one of the Top 4 OTs doesnt fall to 14. I could see them trade off 14 ... move to the end of the 1st and add a 2nd. Draft RB in the 1st ... and send one of their 2nds to us for Trent. Not sure why i have that thought, but it seems the most logical destination

Exactly and if you need to win now and your options are Trent and your 1rst round pick and no second and the potentially the 3rd or 4rth highest rated tackle and your 2nd round pick, it makes complete sense to trade a 2nd for Trent. 

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Exactly and if you need to win now and your options are Trent and your 1rst round pick and no second and the potentially the 3rd or 4rth highest rated tackle and your 2nd round pick, it makes complete sense to trade a 2nd for Trent. 

Add to that how the Bucs are now saying that TE OJ Howard is on the trade blocks and you have a perfect match with the Skins. Howard and a 2nd should easily get them Trent and I can see Arians not batting an eye at this trade. The fact that Tampa has Brady and a leaky left tackle has to be a major concern to both the Bucs and Brady. 

I would add Minnesota to the list of teams that really need to get a left tackle....they need to win now or their window will close sooner than later too. Could you imagine if behind the scenes the Skins realize that there is actually a bidding war, or potential bidding war between these 4 teams that could develop as the draft arrives or shortly after? With no left tackle to speak of, Tom Brady will be a dead man when Tampa faces SF or GB in the playoffs. Even the Saints will be all over him. And Minnesota can't handle Green Bay or SF with their current LT situation either. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Chargers still got a gap at LT. Could draft one if they don’t go QB. They may need draft capital to trade up. Either way, still got a need at LT.

Tua is a left handed qb. So don’t need a top flight LT if he is their target. 

I’ve been banging the table for OJ and a 2nd since the deadline, but I just don’t see it happening unless all of Wirfs/Becton/Wills/Thomas are no longer on the board. I feel they are fishing to see if any desperate TE teams will give up good assets for OJ. 

Archived