Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

So let's think about this.  The entire league know how good TW is.  They are HOPING the Skins get frustrated and give in to TWs agents demands.  Ain't happening.  Once the draft gets here and a team in need of a Left OT isn't able to draft one TWs value goes up.  I don't expect a 1st or 2nd rounder for him but I think we do get at the very least a 3rd and possibly another draft pick as well. 

Just like last year when contenders were rebuffed by Allen..TW's value was strongest when teams were still in contention for a playoff spot. This year there are MORE playoff spots to be had so the "contender" market will be LARGER in 2020. The FO would be foolish to take a 3rd NOW vs waiting into the season. Yea..the pick for 2020 is NOW and waiting is less valuable so a 2nd 2021 = 3rd 2020....and If you have a QB like Brady (or even Cousins) in jeopardy of being crushed..they will up the anti.

ESPECIALLY Cousins who is expected to deliver or Zimmer is gone..I could see Zimmer go for broke to save his job.

LOTS of positive things in 2020 that will push up the price for TW IMHO...

Just wait...we have the tag next year also.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know.  Keim seems to think they might ride with what they have in house but he's not sure.

If I had to guess what happens based on these reports, they end up trading Trent for a 4th and some conditional pick.   there seems to be a lot of smoke that the trade value of Trent last season versus now is night and day and teams aren't offering much.  I hope that's wrong but will see.  JJ Halsell, agent, in an interview said if he were another team he'd just wait the Redskins out until they get desperate. 

It takes two.  It will be interesting during the draft nights 2 and 3 to see how it all plays out when teams that need a Left OT rethink TW when the stud they wanted or needs is gone and TW is available for trade.  :)

8 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Just like last year when contenders were rebuffed by Allen..TW's value was strongest when teams were still in contention for a playoff spot. This year there are MORE playoff spots to be had so the "contender" market will be LARGER in 2020. The FO would be foolish to take a 3rd NOW vs waiting into the season. Yea..the pick for 2020 is NOW and waiting is less valuable so a 2nd 2021 = 3rd 2020....and If you have a QB like Brady (or even Cousins) in jeopardy of being crushed..they will up the anti.

ESPECIALLY Cousins who is expected to deliver or Zimmer is gone..I could see Zimmer go for broke to save his job.

LOTS of positive things in 2020 that will push up the price for TW IMHO...

Just wait...we have the tag next year also.

See my response to SIP.  :)

3 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

2nd 2021 = 3rd 2020.....

Well given how things are going a 2d in 2021 may be considerably less valuable than normal. If there is no college football this year (A few weeks back I'd have laughed at that notion but not now) the 1st, 2ds and possibly 3rds will be less valuable in my opinion as the bust factor will be substantially higher for those rounds than the norm. On the other hand the 4th -7th and FAs would likely have more diamonds in them than the norm (The guys that would have risen this year during the college season - Example if no season had occurred last year Burrow would have been behind Herbert, Fromm and Eason).

Does anybody know what will happen to nfl contracts if there is no season this year or is this so unprecedented that there's no way of knowing?

Is it possible that we lose the season altogether and trent becomes a free agent or would all contracts freeze until next year?

That certainly would have a serious impact on his trade value and maybe one of the reasons he hasn't moved yet.

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Does anybody know what will happen to nfl contracts if there is no season this year or is this so unprecedented that there's no way of knowing?

Is it possible that we lose the season altogether and trent becomes a free agent or would all contracts freeze until next year?

That certainly would have a serious impact on his trade value and maybe one of the reasons he hasn't moved yet.

I can't see how they could legally freeze so believe they will toll. 

20 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I can't see how they could legally freeze so believe they will toll. 

a contract requires actions on both sides.  If there are no games to play then how can the players fulfill their end of the bargain?  If the league was in danger of folding then I could see people being declared free agents and their contracts voided but with the NFL able to do a season, just not allowed to and ready for the next year it seems the only proper thing to do we freeze them

I just worry that if there is no season and Trent gets a year older without backing down from his demands, no team will want his services. Not to mention he’ll basically he 2.5 years removed from playing and no team can bring him in for a physical.

59 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I just worry that if there is no season and Trent gets a year older without backing down from his demands, no team will want his services. Not to mention he’ll basically he 2.5 years removed from playing and no team can bring him in for a physical.

He'll just vanish...never play again and be a has been.

On a different note, someone posted about a week ago that the NFL rule state that if season is cancelled, draft order shifts by 1, giving us the first over all draft pick!  I am pretty sure the owner of the giant's would propose some rule change.

48 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

On a different note, someone posted about a week ago that the NFL rule state that if season is cancelled, draft order shifts by 1, giving us the first over all draft pick!  I am pretty sure the owner of the giant's would propose some rule change.

Ill take Trevor Lawrwnce or the haul of picks that would provide...

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

Yeah I posted that. But you need to read the fine print on that post.😉

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

Yeah I posted that. But you need to read the fine print on that post.😉

Not going back to find the post but assume it was a joke. IF there is no season ... I have to think that the draft picks will hold firm. I don't think the reality is enough to, say, force the Bengals to take Chase at #1 in anticipation of adding Lawrence at #1 in 2021. But it might be enough for them to think twice about it. And I have to assume the teams are being fed some info. from experts (that they pay or the league pays) that might give them some inside insights into what will actually be happening.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/will-the-browns-wait-and-try-to-trade-for-trent-williams-when-theyre-on-the-clock-at-no-10-hey-mary-kay.html

Hey, Mary Kay: Do you see the Browns waiting until they are on the clock at 10 to make a decision on Trent Williams? If they get to 10 and the offensive tackles they want are gone and Isaiah Simmons is not there, can you see them trading out and using the extra second-round pick they might receive to get Trent Williams? — 919 area code

Hey, 919: I think anything is possible on draft day, including trying to trade for Williams if their top targets at offensive tackle are gone. However, I do believe that one of their top choices will be there at No. 10 and that they’ll stay there and select the heir apparent to Joe Thomas. Again, Andrew Berry will aggressively try to upgrade this roster, and I expect him to wheel and deal on draft day.

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yes.  I believe they will be one suitor and others (i.e., Tampa Bay, N.E., Minny etc.).  He'll get moved on during the draft or soon after the draft.  I really believe he never plays another game in DC again.  He has burned that bridge.  Both he and his agent.

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

College Football is talking about playing the Spring of 2021.  Makes one wonder if the NFL might not do the same thing.  Time will tell.

It's an interesting thought, but if they play in spring, what do they do for the summer? It would mess with the draft and with their own players who presumably would have to play in the fall as well.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not going back to find the post but assume it was a joke. IF there is no season ... I have to think that the draft picks will hold firm. I don't think the reality is enough to, say, force the Bengals to take Chase at #1 in anticipation of adding Lawrence at #1 in 2021. But it might be enough for them to think twice about it. And I have to assume the teams are being fed some info. from experts (that they pay or the league pays) that might give them some inside insights into what will actually be happening.

Ouch that is good analysis on your part and a scary thought. Three weeks from now they may very well decide to take Chase Young with the assumption that they will get Lawrence. (They would still have some risk as Lawrence could decide to stay in school for his senior year).

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

It's an interesting thought, but if they play in spring, what do they do for the summer? It would mess with the draft and with their own players who presumably would have to play in the fall as well.

It would.  It will be interesting to see how Goodell handles things.  So far, full steam ahead with the draft which I agree with.  Hopefully, the COVID-19 is behind us soon and things get back to normal.  Prayers for God to allow this happen.  :)

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Would be great to see the college season, if it can't start on time, kickoff in November or December and roll through March....I don't know that the NFL season in 2021 would be affected at all with the college draftees other than the learning curve would be much harder. 

On another note. I would love to see a baseball season of about 82 games and see every game mean twice as much. A sprint to the finish so to speak. That would be interesting. Hell, this is all gonna be interesting in a weird way. The Master is gonna be played in November now!!!

21 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

If 5th round is all we are being offered for him, I view that as basically nothing. Then I'm okay with holding onto him until he wises up or retires.

5 hours ago, nonniey said:

Ouch that is good analysis on your part and a scary thought. Three weeks from now they may very well decide to take Chase Young with the assumption that they will get Lawrence. (They would still have some risk as Lawrence could decide to stay in school for his senior year).

I have to imagine they would do some sort of lottery for the top 10. It would be completely unfair to have a team get 2 #1 picks.

Archived