Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Wasn't Gibbs left off the 80s All-Decade team as coach as well? I think it was Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll.

How the **** does that happen?

Chuck Noll was a steeler....and a great coach. Very popular. For TW not to beat out Joe Staly and just as much injured Smith and Peters is shocking and I bet a blow to his psyche.

44 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Chuck Noll was a steeler....and a great coach. Very popular. For TW not to beat out Joe Staly and just as much injured Smith and Peters is shocking and I bet a blow to his psyche.

Gibbs had far more success in the 80s than Noll. I mean, it's not even close. There is no valid argument to make for placing Noll ahead of him for the 80s.

I don't doubt that Wiliams felt slighted.

41 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Gibbs had far more success in the 80s than Noll. I mean, it's not even close. There is no valid argument to make for placing Noll ahead of him for the 80s.

Could it be that they were taking one from the AFC and one from the NFC?  That's all I can think of for whatever their reasoning was.

44 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I agree, Gibbs should've been ahead. He would've if He had done what he did wearing blackandyellow.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Specifically, does anyone know exactly what kind of situations, is one of "those" situations ?

Or is it just a matter of, it is what it is ?

Pretty clear cut what he's saying imo. We will not trade Trent for the sake of trading him. Unless we get fair trade value, he is under contract and will be our starting LT, protecting young DH.

Standig, the only reporter last year who agreed with Bruce's stance that Trent's value would be better this off season than it would be in the prior season (it seemed ridiculous then but even more ridiculous now) but at least admits he was mistaken.  I wondered back then if that was him pandering to Bruce because he seemed to be his pet reporter, Bruce would give him exclusives, etc.  And I like Standig I think he's knowledgeable and seems like a good guy and we all make mistakes and heck you never know there is still time for that theory to be proven correct but its not looking good. 

Here is from his column today.  He was also on Sheehan today saying he doesn't think now the Redskins get near the 2nd round pick they want.  Last year before the trade deadline, Standig played down that they got a first round offer (Keim was with him but other reporters including national ones disagreed and suggested early on they could have gotten a first) but admitted he knew they got at least a 2nd round in an offer. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.05.22 AM.png

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig, the only reporter last year who agreed with Bruce's stance that Trent's value would be better this off season than it would be in the prior season (it seemed ridiculous then but even more ridiculous now) but at least admits he was mistaken.  I wondered back then if that was him pandering to Bruce because he seemed to be his pet reporter, Bruce would give him exclusives, etc.  And I like Standig I think he's knowledgeable and seems like a good guy and we all make mistakes and heck you never know there is still time for that theory to be proven correct but its not looking good. 

Here is from his column today.  He was also on Sheehan today saying he doesn't think now the Redskins get near the 2nd round pick they want.  Last year before the trade deadline, Standig played down that they got a first round offer (Keim was with him but other reporters including national ones disagreed and suggested early on they could have gotten a first) but admitted he knew they got at least a 2nd round in an offer. 

Standig is kind of meh.  He reports or confirms and you can trust what he confirms pretty much like Keim but you can take what Keim reports AND confirms to the bank.  Stated all along I believe that TW will never play another game in B&G.  Too many burnt bridges, IMO.  As I last stated I think he's dealt no later than a day after the draft and more likely day 2 most likely 3.  :) 

20 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

there is no way Chuck Noll was the AFC coach of the 80s.  The Steelers had a down decade.  It seems to me it would have had to be Dan Reeves or Marty Schottenheimer

From Gary Shelton (@RealSheltonShow): Any idea where Trent Williams winds up?

Gary, no, I don’t right now. And I think Williams may have to wait until the draft for this one to come together. Yes, I’m sure Washington would like to have the second-round pick it lacks now—that one went to Indy in the trade up for Montez Sweat last April—and so it’s not like there’s no reason to believe Ron Rivera, Kyle Smith and Co. wouldn’t act now on the right offer.

I’m just not sure that offer comes along before the draft starts. Now, after the draft starts? Maybe. Both the Browns and Jets are on the fringe of the top 10, and the four tackles in that position’s upper tier (Louisville’s Mekhi Becton Alabama’s Jedrick Wills, Iowa’s Tristan Wirfs, Georgia’s Andrew Thomas) could go quickly. And it’s certainly possible that Andrew Berry or Joe Douglas (or both) aren’t wild about the ones that fall to 10 and 11.

That’s where the scenario might open up for Washington. In that spot, it’s certainly possible the Browns or Jets take care of another position, and then try to peddle a second-round pick to the D.C. brass. Or maybe a little more than that. So stay tuned.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/08/mailbag-nfl-draft-coronavirus-booth-umpire?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb

Trent Williams' agent should be demanding top dollar. After all, how many left tackles can claim that over the last 18 NFL games their client has given up zero sacks, zero, pressures, and committed zero penalties.

(Sure, he wasn't on the field for any of those last 18 NFL games, but that's just a technicality)

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Standig is kind of meh.  He reports or confirms and you can trust what he confirms pretty much like Keim but you can take what Keim reports AND confirms to the bank.  Stated all along I believe that TW will never play another game in B&G.  Too many burnt bridges, IMO.  As I last stated I think he's dealt no later than a day after the draft and more likely day 2 most likely 3.  :) 

I got some affinity for Standig because he's the only beat guy that dives deep into the NFL draft.   And his mocks statistically speaking have been among the most accurate compared to his peers, he's even won awards for them as to his accuracy.   And I love the NFL draft season almost as much as the regular season. 

He's also along with Keim is the most likely to share FA and draft gossip.  But agree that Keim is the most accurate on that front as to gossip translating to reality.  Keim's take on FA has been eerily on the money.   

would be surprised if they weren't able to trade him," King told NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay.

The longtime NFL analyst went on to name two teams that Redskins fans should keep an eye on in a potential deal for the 31-year-old, with the first being the New York Jets.The Seattle Seahawks were the other team King believes could be eyeing a deal with Williams. He should still be able to get a mid-to-low 2 or a very high 3," King said. "That would be my expectation that would happen."

21 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

Isnt it freaking so sad that if Bruce wasn't such an egomaniac we could have gotten so much more for Trent?  Thanks again Bruce, glad your gone you complete piece of garbage.

That's the general thinking but I actually believe or wonder if Dan would not allow Bruce to trade TW....maybe someday we'll find out? 

RR commented yesterday that if the Skins were to trade out of #2 overall pick they would have to be sure that "player D was equal to player A" or it wasn't worth making the trade. I hope he's following this rule in regards to trading Trent. There is no reason to take less and then watch Trent make the pro bowl for another team. That's what I'd be telling other teams too...You want a starting left tackle then compensate us accordingly and he's yours. 

My friend had a Browns blogger on his podcast this week and they spent a good bit of time discussing Trent Williams. If you want to get the Cleveland perspective, the links are below:

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/10-grant-puskar-dawg-pound-daily-discusses-future-browns/id1496613584?i=1000470897739

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7AYkUC73nzDqxAewTOjkEZ

56 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

Isnt it freaking so sad that if Bruce wasn't such an egomaniac we could have gotten so much more for Trent?  Thanks again Bruce, glad your gone you complete piece of garbage.

Well, let me ask you, if there was a chance Trent signed longterm (3+ years) then would you have been so keen to trade him? The more I see what we did on the line this offseason the more i realize how much of a difference Trent would have made in the development of not only Dwayne but the entire offense. Sure a draft pick could have brought in someone younger but then you're still bringing in someone that too needed to be developed while adjusting to the NFL. It could have ended up being a massive problem. 

1 hour ago, TheShredSkinz said:

No, he should've been traded the year before he decided to be a mal-content. He was old,expensive, and always hurt. Him acting out gave us an out and we still ****ed it up....always

hindsight is 20/20. He and Scherff were the left and right anchors on that line and with a young team in need of veteran leadership they both were vital. 

https://boltbeat.com/2020/04/07/la-chargers-rumors-trade-desmond-king-trent-williams/

Would you do it?

Archived