Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

A 2nd, or two 3rds, or a pick and a player is not too much to ask. We'd prefer him to stay this last year and play out his contract. So itching to leave. Good lord. The funny part is "At some point in his life, he would love to come back and be in the Ring of Honor," Taylor finished. "He loves the fans, he loves the area."

Fat chance.

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

A 2nd, or two 3rds, or a pick and a player is not too much to ask. We'd prefer him to stay this last year and play out his contract. So itching to leave. Good lord. The funny part is "At some point in his life, he would love to come back and be in the Ring of Honor," Taylor finished. "He loves the fans, he loves the area."

Fat chance.

Antonio Brown went for, what, a 3rd and a 5th last year? That's probably the best comparison.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Antonio Brown went for, what, a 3rd and a 5th last year? That's probably the best comparison.

And he's possibly suffering from serious brain damage.

15 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

That ain't happening.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay just on, he didn't have much to add, aside from from what he hears is that the Redskins are willing to take this to training camp and beyond and won't give Trent up for low value. 

Well, we need a LT and I have to wonder how it will affect TWs value after we sign a capable LT.   I don't think RR and Smith are going to bring in someone who's not capable on the left side.  

The compensation conversation today about Trent has been depressing.    John Clayton just on thinks its unrealistic for the Redskins to get even a third rounder citing a loaded draft at the position and lack of aggressive suitors for Trent.  

We got Keim hinting at a 5th is the highest offer.  WP hinted the same where they quoted someone saying they won't give him a way for a 5th or 6th. 

Then we got the 5th round comp pick in 2022 would be the most they'd get for Trent -- had no idea.  🙄

wonder who these guys are, they can be just throwing stuff at the wall

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Well, we need a LT and I have to wonder how it will affect TWs value after we sign a capable LT.   I don't think RR and Smith are going to bring in someone who's not capable on the left side.  

Keim seemed to be hinting they might be willing to ride with what they got including Geron Christian.  I guess will see. 

Let him rot. At one point I was sympathetic because of the medical issues he went through, but’s become clear he used that as a disguise for the greed he’s now been showing. Between his attitude and his agent on complete spin control I am absolutely ok with holding onto him until the right deal comes along. At this point few are still in his corner.

8 hours ago, JWB said:

Why the hell should the redskins cave on their trade demands? Look at all these teams/GM's that missed out last year. Sam Darnold will keep seeing ghosts, Baker will continue to get hit, TB12 can't move anymore, Deshaun Watson will get knocked out early in the playoffs again... They need to pay up and not be cheap ****s if they want to advance their team and even want to last without getting fired.

You're right....teams are feeling out how badly the Skins want to get rid of TW and that's understandable. Now that they see the Skins aren't giving Trent away maybe they'll make a legit offer and we can dump this jerk.

With the new cba, we have all the leverage. Damn the culture if it means we get completely bent over. There's 3 ways this can go. 

1. Trent can lower his contract demands to a reasonable level and he's traded. 

2. Trent can suit up and play (he will be playing for a new contract) 

3. Trent sits out the season and destroys his NFL future. 

We can also trade him at extremely low value but that's not happening. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim seemed to be hinting they might be willing to ride with what they got including Geron Christian.  I guess will see. 

I can't see them riding with Christian as LOT.  I would think they will sign someone decent on a 1 yr deal to protect Haskins a #15 overall pick in the draft from last year.

42 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I can't see them riding with Christian as LOT. 

admittedly I don't know if Christian is ready ... primarily because I don't/didnt trust the past regime ...

but this is what good franchises do ... replace expensive players by actually playing draft picks / capital.

especially 3rd rounders.

4 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Christian would be an absolute disaster at OT. The guy has shown zero in the years he's been here, except getting beat every which way possible. I don't see him making a miraculous turn around year 3.

Maybe we could move Christian to guard. It’s worked for plenty of other lineman. That really doesn’t help us with LOT though. :shrug:

The more that Trent Williams Agent goes out and spouts out his side of the story the more it hurts Trent Williams. Trent says he wants to come back and get inducted in the ring of fame after he gets done playing because he loves the fans. Well the fans aren't loving you anymore, Trent. No one owes you a thing. I guess you will be on the team proving yourself if you can pass a physical. 

16 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Without a doubt!!! 15M to rid ourselves of Trent and receive a 2nd and 3rd? Hell, I'd pay his entire salary for a year, assuming we have the cap room this year. Is this feasible?

That was why my original post suggested a "sign and trade." Any SB on the contract would be paid by the skins.  At that point, the receiving team is only responsible for, and only carries the cap hit of the contract balance.

So effectively, we pay a portion of a deal, making the return much more attractive to the other team...

It only works if we have a trade lined up before hand.

Archived