Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

JJ Halsell, agent, on 980 today, said he doesn't think the Redskins get a 2nd for Trent has some doubts they can get a third but sees it possible.  He and Sheehan talked about the rich draft for LTs among other things.

Mike Lombardi was on 106.7, saying he doesn't think they get a 2nd and he doesn't think they deserve to get a 2nd.  Citing among other things the 5th round compensation that they'd get for him otherwise.

Wow, I know its spilled milk but what a dummy Dan must feel like having listened to his buddy who depending on the sources at best had a first round offer last year and at worst a 2nd rounder for Trent.

The last couple of days is giving me the impression that the best we get for Trent is a 4th.  I hope that's wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JJ Halsell, agent, on 980 today, said he doesn't think the Redskins get a 2nd for Trent has some doubts they can get a third but sees it possible.  He and Sheehan talked about the rich draft for LTs among other things.

Mike Lombardi was on 106.7, saying he doesn't think they get a 2nd and he doesn't think they deserve to get a 2nd.  Citing among other things the 5th round compensation that they'd get for him otherwise.

Wow, I know its spilled milk but what a dummy Dan must feel like having listened to his buddy who depending on the sources at best had a first round offer last year and at worst a 2nd rounder for Trent.

The last couple of days is giving me the impression that the best we get for Trent is a 4th.  I hope that's wrong. 

This totally discounts the value of a season of pro-bowl caliber play at left tackle.  Sorry, don't buy it.  The value is there and the Redskins are right to drew the line for what they would accept at a 2nd round pick.

my preference would be a starter at a position of need anyways... could be much more value if a team needs to dump a salary of a player (say, Keenan Allen as an example) and also needs a LT, like the Chargers, or Vikings with Harris. Harris and Allen both present more value than any draftee in the mid-later rounds.

7 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

This totally discounts the value of a season of pro-bowl caliber play at left tackle.  Sorry, don't buy it.  The value is there and the Redskins are right to drew the line for what they would accept at a 2nd round pick.

I've been hardline on a 2nd rounder.   But it's clear they haven't gotten anything close to that in an offer according to multiple people.   And we aren't getting a 3rd round comp pick for him either. 

So then the question becomes would you rather rent Trent for one more year in a 2020 or bust season or get the best offer someone gives you.  I can see either argument at this point.  I don't love the idea of bring Trent back with all the drama it entails in a season that is unlikely going to be a playoff season anyway.  But I also don't mind riding him for some of the 2020 season and see if his value increases.

If I were one of those teams, I wouldn't offer more than a 4th rounder for Trent.  Keim seemed to hint no one has offered a 4th round either.  He's a great player WHEN healthy.  He will be 32.  He wants crazy money.  And its practically an historic draft at the LT spot.  It's the perfect storm for Trent's value to be at a low. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been hardline on a 2nd rounder.   But it's clear they haven't gotten anything close to that in an offer according to multiple people.   And we aren't getting a 3rd round comp pick for him either. 

So then the question becomes would you rather rent Trent for one more year in a 2020 or bust season or get the best offer someone gives you.  I can see either argument at this point.  I don't love the idea of bring Trent back with all the drama it entails in a season that is unlikely going to be a playoff season anyway.  But I also don't mind riding him for some of the 2020 season and see if his value increases.

If I were one of those teams, I wouldn't offer more than a 4th rounder for Trent.  Keim seemed to hint no one has offered a 4th round either.  He's a great player WHEN healthy.  He will be 32.  He wants crazy money.  And its practically an historic draft at the LT spot.  It's the perfect storm for Trent's value to be at a low. 

i'm at a point I'd rather be spiteful.  Let him sit out, let his contract accrue.  Then franchise his ass for the next three years.  Let's see the market for a 35 year old player who hasn't played in five years

44 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What 'Skins need to decide: Is having Trent Williams on the 2020 team, playing well and benefitting Haskins (yes, off field drama) AND a 2022 5th-rd comp pick worth more than a 3rd or 4th RD in '20?

Elite tackle giving Haskins a chance to make strides has to be worth something.

What would it cost us to re-sign Penn for a year?  We'll get nothing when he retires.

Is the value of TW in 2020 + a 5th in 2022 worth the cost difference between he and Penn's contract?

You have to factor in the drama and malcontent costs, too.  But,  is it worth it to set the tone now, with the new regime, that you will play out your contract to the best of your ability?

If we can reasonably assume that TW will play hard for us in order to get a big contract upgrade in 2021, then I say keep him unless we get a very good offer. 

Who knows, perhaps the Redskins do well and TW decides he likes playing for Rivera.

I don’t buy all of this he isn’t worth a 2nd crap. If Trent brought his salary demands down to what is reasonable the deal would find away to happen.

Trent should probably be somewhere in the 10-12 mill a year range. If he comes to that conclusion then great. Otherwise quit your ****ing Trent and we’ll see you at camp.

The Skins are right to ask for a 2nd. They could also swap around some late picks so that a team like the Browns moves up several spots in say the 4th and 7th rounds to sweeten the pot. Someone also mentioned that we pay some of Trent’s salary to make the trade happen. We have the cap space for it. I’d be fine with this as well to sweeten the pot, if it gets a deal done so that we can all move on from this Trent nightmare.

2 hours ago, Number 44 said:

Lombardi said earlier this week on their pod they could get a first.

He's good radio, but also a joke. 

Was a TERRIBLE personnel guy.

Also, Skins have no reason to budge anytime soon.

Always loved Trent, but man he is acting like a huge diva now. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

$16M a year is what you'd pay a Trent 6-7 years younger without his suspensions and injury history OR only what he'd get hitting every incentive in a contract.

His agent is bombing.

considering what the current OL asking price is, no it isn't

Archived