Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

15 minutes ago, carex said:

considering what the current OL asking price is, no it isn't

If his agent is telling the truth about what that's what they are asking for, and the reactions that teams have had to his ask. Seems like they feel his pricetag is too high.

13 games in 18, 10 games in 17, 12 games in 16, 14 games in 15, 15 games in 14..... and 2013. the last time he played a full season. 7 years ago. 

I just listened to Trent Williams interview and the one thing that stood out was that Rivera said he had to prove himself and that Rivera should have met with him before any FA. Two things i take away from that:

1. Rivera doesn't owe Trent anything and he hasn't played  in over a year.

2. Rivera Doesn't owe him anything and he has a relationship with Greg Olson unlike Trent Williams. 

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If his agent is telling the truth about what that's what they are asking for, and the reactions that teams have had to his ask. Seems like they feel his pricetag is too high.

13 games in 18, 10 games in 17, 12 games in 16, 14 games in 15, 15 games in 14..... and 2013. the last time he played a full season. 7 years ago. 

in your what if he's still Trent Williams but he's seven years younger.  He's better than Anthony Castonzo who has a $17 million cap hit and DJ Humphries has $14.5 mil

23 minutes ago, carex said:

in your what if he's still Trent Williams but he's seven years younger.  He's better than Anthony Castonzo who has a $17 million cap hit and DJ Humphries has $14.5 mil

Got to be available to play. Being a better talent is great if you're on the field. 

Castonzo started all 16 games 3 out of the last 4 years. That's significant. 

Humphries just started all 16 last year even though before that he had missed time. Plus that deal he just got at his age 26 season.

4 hours ago, carex said:

i'm at a point I'd rather be spiteful.  Let him sit out, let his contract accrue.  Then franchise his ass for the next three years.  Let's see the market for a 35 year old player who hasn't played in five years

That is Bruce Allen stupid.  We'd tie up millions of cap space for years whether he signs or not and if we did franchise him 3 times in a row he would just sign the contract (certainly the 2d) and become the highest paid LT in football.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I agree they do. Reiff is their current LT on about 75% of the money Trent wants in 2020, plus they have a FS in Harris in the tag who wants out/paid and can be had for a day 3 pick.

Agreed.  There was a tweet which I can't post on this site but have on another.  I would post them if I could something with my software/setting or this site but anyway, Vikes are very interested.  Harris and a 3rd or 4th make a ton of sense.  We get a need with him being able to play FS or SS and plus a draft pick that can be a starter now or soon.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, DiscoBob said:

You're acting emotionally not rationally.  If we have to "pay" some cash to make all parts of a deal happen, why not do it.  To put it another way... would you rather...

1) Get a 3rd round pick for TW

2) Pay 15M and get a 2nd and a player (or a 2nd and a 3rd)

Obviously, it's all hypothetical, but it would effectively allow the team to "retain salary" in the trade (similar to the NHL).  Salary retention trades significantly increase compensation - why not explore it here?

DiscoBob you're right I was emotional after hearing his agent. Reading your post and thinking yeah I probably would consider this if not to much of my cap was held up.

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

^

Do not have 24 minutes to spare for a combination of a D.J., and Trent's agent.

Does anyone have Cliff's notes ?

Still blames the team for the cancer scare.

Trent is still going with the line that he was on death's door.

Butthurt that no one came to visit him in the hospital.

Butthurt that Rivera didn't reach out to him.

Butthurt that Rivera and Olsen had talked 4 days before he spoke to TW.

Butthurt that Rivera expects him to prove himself rather than welcome him back with open arms.

TW has no interest in building a relationship with Rivera.

Said $14M offer would not stand in the way of a deal getting done.

2 teams called Taylor and said Redskins want too much in compensation.

Claims the Redskins keep changing what they want as compensation.

TW refused to name names about who caused this issue because they have families, except they cleaned house, whether they were culpable or not.

A lot of this is what has been said over the last 6 months.

This guy sound like a huge bull****ter.  I don't believe a word he said.

22 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

TW refused to name names for the same reason that he refused to get legal counsel and the NFLPA said “Well, if that’s his decision, we won’t push him.”

Because he’s lying. Only a sucker believed otherwise.

Exactly, because it has always, and only, been about the money.

I think Russell is thinking too deep here.  My favorite theory is Mike Jones' take which he doubled down on yesterday which is Trent's agent has no clue. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/is-trents-agent-the-problem

4. After talking to several league sources, I walked away with this: Several long-time NFL people with knowledge of both sides feel that Taylor and Williams hatched a plan to take advantage of Ron Rivera and Kyle Smith. 

Their plan, these people feel and it makes sense, was to preach positivity and hope first. I know this as a I was told the same thing. Then, to try and power play a veteran head coach in his first offseason running an entire organization. 

Not to mention, someone who they may have viewed as "just a scout" in Kyle Smith, the Redskins de facto general manager. No dice. 

They tried to bully and strong arm the Redskins new front office into thinking they had to bend over and take one on the backside. That wasn't happening. 

Why? Everyone saw that left tackle was not a huge problem last year with veteran left tackle Donald Penn. Even though he's a free agent now and Geron Christian hasn't developed yet, Smith and Rivera were not going to panic. 

Rivera is steely, determined and fair. However, he's not about fluff and catering to today's spoiled athlete who thinks they deserve carte blanche. 

Smith is the son of A.J., the former Chargers General Manager and Redskins executive. He won almost 100 games and five division titles in San Diego over ten years. 

He stared down Eli Manning and the royal Manning family, didn't blink and while Manning won two Super Bowls in New York, Philip Rivers (acquired in trade by Smith) is a probable hall-of-famer. 

The apple didn't fall far from that tree when it comes to Kyle Smith. You did not mess with A.J. and I don't think players and agents should think they can bully Smith and Rivera. 

19 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Does Minny even have enough cap space for his current salary, much less any increase he wants? Giving us their 1st will at least keep them from having to worry about an expensive draft pick... 🤣

they have Harris on the tag and they are looking to shift him, plus their current LT Reiff is on a decent wedge this year, so I would estimate most of Trents cap hit could be offset in 2020 by dropping him. 

Archived