Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

If we really can’t fetch more than a 3rd for TW then I’d be all about a player for player trade. Other teams may be able to digest TWs contract demands better if we give them relief by taking someone from them. I’d much prefer a solid, proven, even overpaid player in return vs a crapshoot 3rd rounder.

that being said, if HOU is involved then I’m a bit more optimistic about trade return value...

I think Trent may need to fire his agent. Its obvious his agent is getting desperate with threatening legal action. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when **** B was here. But now that Dan has made every adjustment to Trent's concern, Trent is showing his true intent. The problem is, he's kinda stuck in the middle. Whatever team out there wants him, they need to give a proper trade compensation to the Redskins. Point blank. If the Redskins want a second, they want a second. Fact is, if a linemen is demanding $20 mil a year, makes no sense that his trade value would be less. So on the one hand, Trent is saying he's worth elite money, but has an issue with the Redskins wanting elite compensation. His agent has put him in a bind by wanting to make up for lost money last year IMO. Trent is better off taking less money.  I think that is what is going to happen in the end. But all this posturing is now coming from Trent's camp IMO. But you never know.....with Dunny making it happen for a 5th, who knows if Trent will get Ron to cave. I'm actually good with Dunny getting moved. I have a feeling we'll be ok at both positions really. Hell, we're a losing team for god's sake. Ain't no player on this squad besides McClaurin worth being up in arms about anyway IMO. 

30 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I think Trent may need to fire his agent. Its obvious his agent is getting desperate with threatening legal action. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when **** B was here. But now that Dan has made every adjustment to Trent's concern, Trent is showing his true intent. The problem is, he's kinda stuck in the middle. Whatever team out there wants him, they need to give a proper trade compensation to the Redskins. Point blank. If the Redskins want a second, they want a second. Fact is, if a linemen is demanding $20 mil a year, makes no sense that his trade value would be less. So on the one hand, Trent is saying he's worth elite money, but has an issue with the Redskins wanting elite compensation. His agent has put him in a bind by wanting to make up for lost money last year IMO. Trent is better off taking less money.  I think that is what is going to happen in the end. But all this posturing is now coming from Trent's camp IMO. But you never know.....with Dunny making it happen for a 5th, who knows if Trent will get Ron to cave. I'm actually good with Dunny getting moved. I have a feeling we'll be ok at both positions really. Hell, we're a losing team for god's sake. Ain't no player on this squad besides McClaurin worth being up in arms about anyway IMO. 

nailed it.

Piecing this together, we likely got Trent's agent saying don't worry about the money you lost last year, you'll make up for it with room to spare and you'll shatter the record for what non QBs get paid in the league let alone just LTs.  And none of that is going down, and Trent and his agent need someone to blame for that and its the Redskins. 

The longer Trent waits the less money teams can offer him, too. Usually, the first wave of free agency sees the biggest contracts and each subsequent wave gets smaller as teams spend their cap and settle on their team. A few teams still have need of a left tackle and a few of them have a large amount of cap space, but that's going to shrink as we go.

Trent Williams is losing this game of chicken. So are the Redskins, but the Redskins can afford to. They either get Trent back at the contract he agreed to or Trent sits out and the Redskins don't pay him. Worse for Trent is the question of burnt bridges. Did he meant to? Did he want to? I suspect his window of opportunity is slamming shut.

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Piecing this together, we likely got Trent's agent saying don't worry about the money you lost last year, you'll make up for it with room to spare and you'll shatter the record for what non QBs get paid in the league let alone just LTs.  And none of that is going down, and Trent and his agent need someone to blame for that and its the Redskins. 

TWs agent reps Jason Peters whom we have been linked to in a 1 year deal.  If we sign Peters I think a trade of TW follows very soon afterwards. 

27 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The longer Trent waits the less money teams can offer him, too. Usually, the first wave of free agency sees the biggest contracts and each subsequent wave gets smaller as teams spend their cap and settle on their team. A few teams still have need of a left tackle and a few of them have a large amount of cap space, but that's going to shrink as we go.

Trent Williams is losing this game of chicken. So are the Redskins, but the Redskins can afford to. They either get Trent back at the contract he agreed to or Trent sits out and the Redskins don't pay him. Worse for Trent is the question of burnt bridges. Did he meant to? Did he want to? I suspect his window of opportunity is slamming shut.

Trent Williams is looking real bad in the eyes of a lot of GMs and Redskins fans.  He's rehabilitating the image of the Redskins while putting his motives (money) for this whole situation under suspicion.  The fact that he won't back down from his asking price, on it's face, probably troubles GMs as well.  It's shows a lack of awareness about himself concerning his injury history and past suspension(s).

To sum it all up, his playing ability is not the main issue.  In addition to his asking price being too high, his character and love for the game are what is really on trial with these GMs.  He is looking like a player who quit on his team in an attempt to hijack them for more money while on an existing fair contract for a second year in a row.

Sheehan just said from what he knows just about 100% of the problem trading Trent hasn't been the Redskins trade demands but his salary demands.  He said he knows he asked for the Redskins for more than 20 million a year.

He doubled down that Trent's agent reassured Trent last year during the holdout not to worry about the money they lost in 2019 since they'd make up for it in the new contract he'd get. 

He doubled down that he heard they could have easily traded Trent though last season. 

I'd add last season whomever acquired Trent would have him under contract for two years, the whole extension and or Trent wanting to make up for lost money wouldn't have been in play the same way.  I recall a person or two argued with me about the significance of this, saying yeah the new team would just have Trent for contract for 1 year but so what because they'd just extend the contract.  Yeah I agreed they'd try to extend him but that would create a whole new dynamic to this and not in a good way and ironically this seems to be the sticking point which has gotten in the way for making a trade. 

During the season, you'd have had Trent at good money for TWO years.  That's a big deal over just one year.  Now you got just the one year, Trent's agent trying to make up ground for lost money, and they are negotiating with the higher 2020 FA numbers versus 2019 FA numbers -- all of this has made it clearly a lot more difficult. 

Again, if Trent would just have that come to jesus moment (which is coming real soon), he'll come to realize that he is going to end up playing for the Redskins. He can't sit out another year because of the new CBA which takes a lot of the leverage out of the Laveon Bells, Trents of the league. That's a whole other point of bull**** for me. 500 players not voting and the rest not really looking at the fine print. Dumb asses. Bottom line, Trent has to play out his current contract or ask for less money to get on a new team. Otherwise, next year his contract is still active. Nasty little loop T Willy. You don't want that. So if you want new scenery, take less and move the hell on fam. I really need to be his agent cause his current one ****ed this up.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Would love to see Trent try and sit out a 2nd straight season. This is a guy who's pissing away a potential HOF career if he had played every season....I love how he demands to be traded or released, is given permission to find a trade, yet prices himself out of the market cause his dumbass sat out last year and now he needs to make up for lost money. At some point he's gonna have to cry uncle and eat some pie.

42 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He mentions, Vikings, Bucs, Chargers, Browns and Dolphins.  Vikings and Chargers have the least amount of cap space of the 5.

You would think Miami would be a no-brainer match for Trent. They will have a rookie QB, have dumped a lot of money into their team and don't have a solid LT. Talk to Trent, give him an offer that could reach 17 mil a year with incentives, and give the Skins a 2nd round pick. 

2 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

To sum it all up, his playing ability is not the main issue.  In addition to his asking price being too high, his character and love for the game are what is really on trial with these GMs.  He is looking like a player who quit on his team in an attempt to hijack them for more money while on an existing fair contract for a second year in a row.

And on a contract that had been paying him very handsomely. If I recall, Williams was still something like the sixth highest paid tackle in the league. So, it's not like a Tom Brady argument or even a Quinton Dunbar one where he can whine justifiably that he is being way underpaid for his production.

The Redskins seem to be building through the draft while making moves for NFL ready guys in FA. No name guys. I'm cool with that because how often has that worked here? I'm good with them picking up FAs that they deem hungry (or at least they are making them hungry by signing them to short term small contracts). I just hope they continue to hit on humble coach-able play makers in the draft while picking up humble, hungry FAs that are just looking to do their job. Culture change is a process and its being implemented here. Some of us need to get on board and just do away with the proverbial off season splash. With that said, it made sense to get Dunny and Trent out. Of course players still talk, but the influence they would have had on a day to day basis was probably not a ideal climate for Ron and staff.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't think Trent meant to burn his bridges with the team and Dan that's why he keeps thanking Dan and letting it be known he has no problem with him. I seen a report or someone mentioned that Trent hopes to return after he retire and be in the ring of fame that alone tells me that he knows this has gone too far. I wish Trent the best and would like to see him in the ring of fame one day but he has to go and go soon so Ron can move on with his message and put culture in this team that has none.

Archived