Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

32 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Al Galdi may "love this approach" but I'm not sure I do.

Just reading between the lines of various tweets, it seems like Rivera wasn't exactly welcoming.

Just a vibe I'm starting to get....🤔

I didn't get that at all. 

Sounds like Rivera made an effort and was quickly and completely rejected. From that point Rivera and the team said "ok, find another team." and the sticking point first is what he wants other teams to pay him. They don't even get to the compensation part to Washington part. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Sounds like Rivera made an effort and was quickly and completely rejected. From that point Rivera and the team said "ok, find another team." and the sticking point first is what he wants other teams to pay him. They don't even get to the compensation part to Washington part. 

You may be right. 🤷‍♂️

50 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Al Galdi may "love this approach" but I'm not sure I do.

Just reading between the lines of various tweets, it seems like Rivera wasn't exactly welcoming.

Just a vibe I'm starting to get....🤔

You mean a football player met with his coach and didnt like that the coach told him to get to work or get out?

Huh. Trent needs to grow up. Im sure Ron Rivera was very respectful to TW and offered to attempt to reach an ubderstanding dependent on TW doing his part in shutting up, putting his head down, and doing what he signed a contract to do.

What Trent has to realize is that as soon as he went public with his grievances it was going to hurt his trade value.   GM's smell blood in the water and a there is no way a player like Williams would be yielding such low returns on investments if those GM's didn't know that Washington's front office is up against it.  

Trent should have gone to the front office behind closed doors and got the business end handled, and then once he was traded he could have aired this out, but since he took the route he did, he can't then also expect Washington's front office to simply let him walk by way of garbage trade that yields little to nothing in return.  

I sympathize with some of his original issues with the medical staff that were employed there at the time, but that can't really be used as a reason anymore consider the house has been cleaned so to speak.  He wants more money, that is fine, he is entitled to go out and demand as much money as he wants, however he is still under contract for one more season so Washington has the right to retain him if no other organization will offer up enough value as they see fit. 

34 minutes ago, panahoo said:

You mean a football player met with his coach and didnt like that the coach told him to get to work or get out?

Huh. Trent needs to grow up. Im sure Ron Rivera was very respectful to TW and offered to attempt to reach an ubderstanding dependent on TW doing his part in shutting up, putting his head down, and doing what he signed a contract to do.

I doubt the Ron was disrespectful to a 7 time Pro Bowler, but I'm sure he's not going to take any slack from him, either.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

How legit is ProFootball411, HigSkin?

They've popped up recently and seem to be tracking with all the other breaking news.  As crazy as Bill OB is, I wouldn't doubt it.  Probably offering up Tunsil or something because they have a lot of draft capitol.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

They've popped up recently and seem to be tracking with all the other breaking news.  As crazy as Bill OB is, I wouldn't doubt it.  Probably offering up Tunsil or something because they have no draft capitol.

They have two 2nd rounders so a 2nd might get it done as one of the 2nds is #40 overall.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

They've popped up recently and seem to be tracking with all the other breaking news.  As crazy as Bill OB is, I wouldn't doubt it.  Probably offering up Tunsil or something because they have no draft capitol.

I think ProFootball411 mentioned we are in on Jason Peters too.  I would like a 1 yr deal w/2nd year option.  

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Not gonna lie, if they're having problems signing Tunsil then i'd be ok with swapping one for one.

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not gonna lie, if they're having problems signing Tunsil then i'd be ok with swapping one for one.

I think I would rather they get pick #40 and then convert them to one or two additional picks, unless Tunsil is really good.

19 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I think I would rather they get pick #40 and then convert them to one or two additional picks, unless Tunsil is really good.

Trent is supposedly asking for similar money as Tunsil.  Trent is a better player but he also is older and less durable.    After they gave up the moon for Tunsil, I'd be stunned if they traded him for an older LT asking for the same amount of money give or take that Tunsil is asking for.  If they had a beef with Tunsil for his contract demands I can't see them turning around and giving up the same for Trent.  Also according to some the Texans weren't willing to give up the same in trade compensation for Trent than they were for Tunsil last year. 

So anyway, I really doubt Tunsil is in play.  If I had to bet on it, I'd think O'Brien is salivating at having bookend stud tackles in a win now season. 

On 2/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@BleedBNG Trent has $2 million guaranteed this year. Cutting Or trading him gets you $12.5m immediately. Doing so after June 1 just gets you an extra $1m while pushing another Mil to 2021. Not really worth the effort as there’s no real benefit. 

Trent wants some guarantees. I can understand where he’s coming from. As someone eluded to his contract in 2015 made him the #1 OT. He’s currently outside the top 10 at his position. And the new market for OT is $19-20 million per year. So I can understand him wanting a new deal to get him closer to that number. If the cap is really gonna be $240 next year we need to sign guys this off-season and really load the money up in 2020 and 2021. $20m For TW a year and $15m for Scherff will seem like a bargain. 

FWIW if the 2021 cap is $240 once we release Smith and Moses next year we will have like $160m in cap space right now. 

Also while I understand the desire to cut and move on ... But he’s gonna get us a pick in return. Likely a valuable one. And if we cut him we can’t get any comp picks. 

56 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Houston has two 2nd round picks.  #40 and #57.  if we can get that late #57, i'd be ok with is and send TW packing!  Get him outta here!

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

It also sounds like RR found Trent to be either completely unreasonable or totally disgruntled (possibly both), almost to the point where RR figured it wasn't worth wasting his time talking with him for very long. Is Trent now taking the L'Veon Bell approach and trying to get back a years worth of losing millions by making it up the next year with a bloated contract? Sure sounds like it. Good luck with that. Bucking the system rarely works for anyone....in fact, look how rich Kurt Cousins has gotten by just playing the system and playing football on franchise tags. He's better at making money in the NFL than he is as a QB in the NFL and it's not even close. 

10 minutes ago, carex said:

maybe player for player?  Do they have a TE or a good DB?

Maybe kendal Fuller got in Will's ear to ask for a trade?

I have a hard time seeing Houston having interest but they have a few interesting young players including their 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders from last year:

Titus Howard OT

Max Scharping OL

Kahale Warring at TE!

Archived