Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

It’s also a bad look for someone wanting to be paid to be passive-aggressive. A really bad look. There have been many LT’s before him and there will be many after.

I can’t say I agree with what Trent did.  But he is a rare LT talent.  We’re talking 7 pro bowls.  We could have taken Russell Okung, who although was a Super Bowl champion, will probably not make the hall of fame.  Trent will likely go first ballot.  I’m not even sure we know specifically what the problem was.   Trent hasn’t directly addressed it that I know of.  Just that he said he had no problem with Dan Snyder.

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is SO important.  TRENT HAS TO AGREE TO THE DEAL FIRST.  Then they work out the details.

Trent's agent indicated they had brought deals to the table the Redskins are not considering.  I highly doubt that.  Maybe it's just a gut feel, but if a team is willing to sign Trent, I think a deal between the two teams would not be the hardest thing to work out.  They've put out they want a second, which means they probably would settle for a 3rd just to be done with.  Which would make people scream, and I get that.  But I think compensation is not the hang up here.  

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

You know what the dumbest part of Trent's agent's statement is? "Players who are outwardly critical of the team do get traded."

This is an asinine thing to say on several levels lol...

1) No player has been as outwardly critical of the team as Williams and it's not even close...yet he's still here

2) Giving players the belief that publicly whining and criticizing the team will get you what you want is most definitely NOT what the Skins (or any franchise) wants....so trading Williams now will only solidify that belief in players' minds...so NOT trading Williams just became a viable course of action

3) This statement may have lowered what teams will now offer in a trade for Williams--or keep them from making better offers at least...apparently he and his agent didn't' consider criticizing the team may have played a role in only getting a 5th for Dunbar

4) When Bruce was here, the media and especially the fans would buy into practically anything Trent said that was critical of the team; that willingness to see Trent as a victim has lowered significantly with Ron and Kyle in charge now, so publicly being critical of the team may backfire, at least in terms of public perception

Excellent post, kind sir. Very sound reasoning especially with respect to point 2. 

4 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I can’t say I agree with what Trent did.  But he is a rare LT talent.  We’re talking 7 pro bowls.  We could have taken Russell Okung, who although was a Super Bowl champion, will probably not make the hall of fame.  Trent will likely go first ballot.  I’m not even sure we know specifically what the problem was.   Trent hasn’t directly addressed it that I know of.  Just that he said he had no problem with Dan Snyder.

Money, what it has always been from the very beginning, regardless what either he or his agent have said. He was  a rare talent. Now he’s a guy who hasn’t played a snap in over two years, is nowhere near football shape, is a malcontent and wants to break bank.

I just read the article about what his agent said and there was mention of a possible lawsuit. If Trent and his agent go the lawsuit route he will kill any chance of ever playing in the NFL because no team will want to deal with that. Like I have said, there are two sides to every story.

8 minutes ago, paloosa said:

I just read the article about what his agent said and there was mention of a possible lawsuit. If Trent and his agent go the lawsuit route he will kill any chance of ever playing in the NFL because no team will want to deal with that. Like I have said, there are two sides to every story.

Have you ever had a dealing with someone who had no ground and was kicking and screaming because he didn’t get his way? He’ll always threaten with a lawsuit, even if there’s nothing there, just to get you to cave to what he wants.

Trent's true colors have come shining through.  His whole shtick has been shown to be a lie, and it's been all about money from the get go.  You can't have it both ways.  If it was about the medical staff or the way he was treated, then he should be content now that all of those responsible for that are gone.  But, that's not the case is it?  he's just a whiny asshat.  I hope that the team let's him destroy his own career and collects fine after fine if they don't get what they feel is fair compensation in a trade.

Vince Taylor, ought to be disbarred for malpractice.  Does he understand leverage at all?  He has none. NONE! 

They fired everyone involved in the initial Trent Williams debacle. And TW is still salty. 

New set of guys, same issue. 

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT THE MONEY!

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

You know what the dumbest part of Trent's agent's statement is? "Players who are outwardly critical of the team do get traded."

This is an asinine thing to say on several levels lol...

1) No player has been as outwardly critical of the team as Williams and it's not even close...yet he's still here

2) Giving players the belief that publicly whining and criticizing the team will get you what you want is most definitely NOT what the Skins (or any franchise) wants....so trading Williams now will only solidify that belief in players' minds...so NOT trading Williams just became a viable course of action

3) This statement may have lowered what teams will now offer in a trade for Williams--or keep them from making better offers at least...apparently he and his agent didn't' consider criticizing the team may have played a role in only getting a 5th for Dunbar

4) When Bruce was here, the media and especially the fans would buy into practically anything Trent said that was critical of the team; that willingness to see Trent as a victim has lowered significantly with Ron and Kyle in charge now, so publicly being critical of the team may backfire, at least in terms of public perception

I think they've switched tactics from "Trade me" to "I'm going to be such an ass you're going to release me."

Which is, in my humble opinion, a huge and enormous miscalculation of Ron's intestinal fortitude.  I can't see  Ron releasing Trent.  If Trent can't agree on a contract and trade, Ron's going to force him to play. 

Personally, I think Trent should lower his contract demands and find a trade.  Which he absolutely could if he was being reasonable.  

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

The Aunt (or something with aunt in the title), Season One.

Thanks, I just found it!

”The Beloved Aunt” S1E8 (originally broadcast 12/3/00): Larry’s offer to help with Cheryl’s recently deceased Aunt’s obituary results in a shockingly profane misspelling.

I predict “Pants Tent” magnitude laughter emanating from SumTingWong’s home theater later tonight. :)

Every time I read people saying Trent if a HOFer, I do a spit take. First Ballot? Oh man.

If it were that simple for OL to get in, Joe Jacoby with his all-decade team honors would have been in a long time ago, and we'd be upset Chris Samuels isn't there now.

He's been a really good player on a lot of bad Redskins teams. He and his agent have clearly overvalued him. Let's stop doing the same for guys we've had here for a long time just because he's not Shar Pourdanish

I think that there are players that have this impression that they have all this leverage because of the culture that was created over the years of bad leadership in the front office. Snyder got bad advice from Vinny "I was in the draft room" Cerrato and Bruce "My father was a Head Coach" Allen. So Trent Williams thought that Rivera would follow suit and give him what he wanted believing that he had leverage. Bad conduct will get you out of town but it will also limit the amount of suitors that will trade for you. most of the time it doesn't work out. Just ask Antonio Brown.

9 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

So how does that mean his agent isn’t wrong? Just because it worked for Dunbar  doesn’t make it the right thing to do. Definitely not bargaining in good faith on his part. He is over valuing  his clients worth.In the long run I don’t believe Trent will get near the $20 million figure, nor should he. Too many things including the injury history and age working against him.I would say his agent isn’t right and that he is actually doing Trent a disservice with this sort of statement.

I think you arent understanding the fact that in this crazy language we call english, him being "right" means two very different things.  He is "right" in being factual about things.  Him being "right" morally is a different story.

Archived