Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Who else is represented by this Taylor clown?? We can probably scratch them off of our FA wish list.

Agreed! When this is all said and done I’m betting The only clients he will represent will be Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Booberry...

Sheehan doubling down this morning on the point that he heard Trent's agent told him don't sweat all the money he lost last year because he will make up for it and more some with his new salary.

He played a segment from Casserly where Casserly said he heard that teams aren't hot for Trent right now and prefer to wait to after the draft.  After the draft, if they don't land for example a young LT then maybe then they'd circle back.

The lack of hot interest is presumed driven by Trent's contract demands.

Sheehan thinks his agent played him and was dumb.  

Sheehan thinks as do I that if Trent wants to genuinely get traded than stop with his ridiculous contract demands

Standig on this morning.  Heck I'll give him this he brought up he was wrong, most reporters try to sweep that away and hope listeners forget.  Standig as I mentioned on this thread before was the lone defender of Bruce pushing the narrative behind the scenes that Trent's trade value will improve in the off season versus during the season.  It struck me idiotic then.  And I was surprised Standig carried Bruce's water on that point.

The irony of that is Standig fancies himself a draft guru so it surprised me that it took him this long to realize that this is a stacked draft at tackle and that's part of the soup for why Trent's trade value and interest has diminished. 

But like I said I'll give him props to admit he was wrong.  He said he's not hearing they are close on a deal.  He wonders too (like Casserly) that it happens after the draft.  He thought maybe the Redskins can save face by getting a higher pick then.  And the trading team does better because they don't give up a current pick for the current draft.  In short, in theory, most say that a pick in a draft a year later is worth less.  So a 2nd rounder in 2021 = a 3rd rounder in 2020, etc.  I recall Shanny explaining that after the Jason Campbell trade when supposedly he was offered a 6th but instead said how about a 4th in 2 drafts after the draft coming up, and got that deal because teams see the value being less when its a draft in the future. 

It's very unfortunate when an athlete gets awful advice from an agent, and then makes career altering decisions based on that.

So, here we are.  The 'Skins now want to get rid of him, but they can't, because Trent wants more money than teams are willing to pay.  

Trent wants out, but can't find a team to accept his contract demands.

So we're at a stalemate, and it's essentially because of the amount of money Trent wants.

Honestly, the BEST thing for Trent would be to suck it up, come back, play this year for the 'Skins and hit FA next year. If I were him and his agent, what I would do is approach the 'Skins with a proposal that Trent's 2020 salary is guaranteed, and somehow work in an agreement the team will not tag him next year.  Hell, if he wants and extra mil or two, I wouldn't mind that either. 

It gives everybody a way out of the mess.  Trent gets paid fairly well, has incentive to play well next year and hit the open market with no restrictions.  The 'Skins get 1 more year of Trent to protect Haskins's blind side.  Everybody should be happy about it.  And hell, if everything works out, and Trent wants to return next year, they could work out a deal next off-season if they want to.

This seems to me to be the best path forward. Which means it's the least likely to happen.  Most likely this thing draws on until after the draft, Trent and his agent make more noise, and it gets even more uncomfortable.

17 hours ago, Peregrine said:

I think you arent understanding the fact that in this crazy language we call english, him being "right" means two very different things.  He is "right" in being factual about things.  Him being "right" morally is a different story.

I don’t really think he was right factually either.

This new regime meeting with Free Agent players before our own shows a lack of interest from those players. If you would just take 30 minutes out of your day to actually come to Redskins Park, you could stop by and meet Ron Rivera I'm sure. But some of the players have probably avoided Redskins Park like the plague and those are the guys who probably shouldn't be considered core players. 

Jonathan Allen, Adrian Peterson, and Derrius Guice actually went to his press conference. This is what leaders do, they show up when they aren't required and are invested in making this team great.

Trent Williams meeting with Ron Rivera once shortly is totally on Trent. He knows exactly where Ron is Monday through Friday. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Trent is going to have to take an incentive laden 2/3 year deal to get out.

He sits out an entire year and expects to get a raise lol. What kind of world do these athletes live in, if recency is anything he deserves nothing for showing nothing last year. He's lucky he's still allowed to be under contract by neglecting what he signed for. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He sits out an entire year and expects to get a raise lol. What kind of world do these athletes live in, if recency is anything he deserves nothing for showing nothing last year. He's lucky he's still allowed to be under contract by neglecting what he signed for. 

Some would call it breach of contract

Archived