Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Russell is thinking too deep here.  My favorite theory is Mike Jones' take which he doubled down on yesterday which is Trent's agent has no clue. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/is-trents-agent-the-problem

I agree with your take 100%, SIP. Jones is spot on, too. This Taylor guy wasn't even an agent before he became affiliated with Trent and then the league; no prior experience whatsoever with player representation. He's an odd one.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

they have Harris on the tag and they are looking to shift him, plus their current LT Reiff is on a decent wedge this year, so I would estimate most of Trents cap hit could be offset in 2020 by dropping him. 

This. 
The Vikings are a great match because of Reiff and Harris. Especially Reiff. We have cap room to be more flexible in taking back salary. 

Trading TW for Reiff, a 3rd, and 3/4 next year is an interesting package for both teams. Considering where things have gone for both parties over the last year, everyone wins. 

Reiff on a fully non guaranteed 2/20M contract is actually a pretty good deal. 

There looks like some interesting WR/DB/TE prospects available in rounds 2-4 so that would give another Haskins weapon(s) and protection (Reiff). 

7 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

This. 
The Vikings are a great match because of Reiff and Harris. Especially Reiff. We have cap room to be more flexible in taking back salary. 

Trading TW for Reiff, a 3rd, and 3/4 next year is an interesting package for both teams. Considering where things have gone for both parties over the last year, everyone wins. 

Reiff on a fully non guaranteed 2/20M contract is actually a pretty good deal. 

There looks like some interesting WR/DB/TE prospects available in rounds 2-4 so that would give another Haskins weapon(s) and protection (Reiff). 

Vikes are a good match however I say get Harris and a 3rd/4th this year.  We can do better than Reiff by signing Peters to a 1 year deal.  :)

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Vikes are a good match however I say get Harris and a 3rd/4th this year.  We can do better than Reiff by signing Peters to a 1 year deal.  :)

I keep going back to how badly the Packers  defense whipped the Vikings in Minnesota on MNF late last season in a must win game for the Vikings. It was a clinic on pass rushing. Until Minnesota adds to their offensive line they won't move on in the NFC....gotta believe Kirt Cousins is pushing hard for them to get Trent. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

I keep going back to how badly the Packers  defense whipped the Vikings in Minnesota on MNF late last season in a must win game for the Vikings. It was a clinic on pass rushing. Until Minnesota adds to their offensive line they won't move on in the NFC....gotta believe Kirt Cousins is pushing hard for them to get Trent. 

One would think.

38 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I agree with your take 100%, SIP. Jones is spot on, too. This Taylor guy wasn't even an agent before he became affiliated with Trent and then the league; no prior experience whatsoever with player representation. He's an odd one.

Yeah as I mentioned on this thread, I recall Mike Jones talking about Trent's agent years back about a totally different situation and he said something to the effect that Trent's agent isn't plugged in, is a bit odd and reclusive.  He doubled down on that this week, he didn't get into describing Trent's agent so much this time but said he doesn't know what he's doing.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Perhaps, but it is almost a certainty that Reiff's agent is more reasonable than Peters'.

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

As good as Harris may be, I wouldn’t want to invest that cumulative amount in 2 safeties

2 minutes ago, method man said:

As good as Harris may be, I wouldn’t want to invest that cumulative amount in 2 safeties

Understand but if we could get Harris on a 3 year deal for let's day 33 mill with 20 mill guaranteed, I'd do it.

22 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Way back early last year I floated the Vikes as THE PRIME target for TW IF..IF..KC would restructure his contract. Well KC did get a more cap friendly contract extension so TW *should* be in play. HOWEVER, me being a staunch ANTI KC I say no way in hell just outa spite. I hope Dan feels the same way. Screw tweedle Dee and Tweedle DUMB. They feed off one another.

What I find interesting is that we have not heard directly from Trent Williams about this whole thing. Maybe I missed it because I don' live near DC but why haven't we heard from him?  I just read the article  by Chris Russell and it just reaffirms what I heard about Williams agent. Taylor is pointing the finger at the Redskins saying they are the one not doing their part when in reality it is Taylor's inexperience and being unconnected with the rest of the league. It also stated he wasn't even a player representative before he represented Trent. So why is Trent so loyal to him? All I can say is good luck Trent.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Russell is thinking too deep here.  My favorite theory is Mike Jones' take which he doubled down on yesterday which is Trent's agent has no clue. 

4. After talking to several league sources, I walked away with this: Several long-time NFL people with knowledge of both sides feel that Taylor and Williams hatched a plan to take advantage of Ron Rivera and Kyle Smith. 

Their plan, these people feel and it makes sense, was to preach positivity and hope first. I know this as a I was told the same thing. Then, to try and power play a veteran head coach in his first offseason running an entire organization. 

Not to mention, someone who they may have viewed as "just a scout" in Kyle Smith, the Redskins de facto general manager. No dice. 

They tried to bully and strong arm the Redskins new front office into thinking they had to bend over and take one on the backside. That wasn't happening. 

Why? Everyone saw that left tackle was not a huge problem last year with veteran left tackle Donald Penn. Even though he's a free agent now and Geron Christian hasn't developed yet, Smith and Rivera were not going to panic. 

Rivera is steely, determined and fair. However, he's not about fluff and catering to today's spoiled athlete who thinks they deserve carte blanche. 

Smith is the son of A.J., the former Chargers General Manager and Redskins executive. He won almost 100 games and five division titles in San Diego over ten years. 

He stared down Eli Manning and the royal Manning family, didn't blink and while Manning won two Super Bowls in New York, Philip Rivers (acquired in trade by Smith) is a probable hall-of-famer. 

The apple didn't fall far from that tree when it comes to Kyle Smith. You did not mess with A.J. and I don't think players and agents should think they can bully Smith and Rivera. 

Yeah but Dunbar bullied Smith and Rivera.

1 hour ago, sportsnut said:

Yeah but Dunbar bullied Smith and Rivera.

No he didn’t. Dunbar isn’t as good as people here think he is.

Good quality corner with too many injuries is what he amounts to. Not top end talent. 

His sample size is also less and would naturally fetch less than Williams in a trade.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

4. After talking to several league sources, I walked away with this: Several long-time NFL people with knowledge of both sides feel that Taylor and Williams hatched a plan to take advantage of Ron Rivera and Kyle Smith. 

Their plan, these people feel and it makes sense, was to preach positivity and hope first. I know this as a I was told the same thing. Then, to try and power play a veteran head coach in his first offseason running an entire organization. 

Not to mention, someone who they may have viewed as "just a scout" in Kyle Smith, the Redskins de facto general manager. No dice. 

They tried to bully and strong arm the Redskins new front office into thinking they had to bend over and take one on the backside. That wasn't happening. 

If the bolded is true, trent and his dumbass agent have made him basically untradeable.

Nobody is going to want to take on that headache with a lying player and agent via trade unless it was a low risk move, and then turn around and extend his dumb ass with a megabucks deal.

I think the hopes of a 2nd have sailed a long time ago. Probably the best we can hope for is a swap for another malcontent somewhere.

Absolute worst case we're stuck with the guy for next year, and if that is the case I'd nickel and dime him for every tiny infraction just for being a giant dickwad and causing this situation in the first place.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No he didn’t. Dunbar isn’t as good as people here think he is.

Good quality corner with too many injuries is what he amounts to. Not top end talent. 

His sample size is also less and would naturally fetch less than Williams in a trade.

Most people think Dunbar is really good.  Not just people here.  I think PFF ranked him as a top 5 corner.  Almost every expert slammed the trade since we only got back a 5th.

But even if you don’t think he’s that good, you can’t deny that he bullied us into trading him.  That made Rivera and Smith look weak.  It encouraged Trent to take his complaints to another level and could encourage other players to complain publicly if they think they are worth more than their current contracts.

1 minute ago, sportsnut said:

Most people think Dunbar is really good.  Not just people here.  I think PFF ranked him as a top 5 corner.  Almost every expert slammed the trade since we only got back a 5th.

But even if you don’t think he’s that good, you can’t deny that he bullied us into trading him.  That made Rivera and Smith look weak.  It encouraged Trent to take his complaints to another level and could encourage other players to complain publicly if they think they are worth more than their current contracts.

I think Rivera/Smith look like they said... "Wait, who are you and you want what? Okay. See ya. Now, let's get back to the big boy table with Trent."

*shrug*

Sounds like this comes down to an aspect of the game many don't consider. Apparently Trent's situation comes down to the overall relationship with the organization. Some may say Trent is being too sensitive. I suppose its comparable to Brady's situation where the same narrative exist. Tom felt like it was time to move on because he didn't think the work he put in was appreciated. I remember Trent saying during his cancer ordeal that no one from the organization came to visit him. For me, I really don't care if people from my job comes to visit me, but that's just me. I do believe this situation needs to be done. I don't appreciate his agent saying publicly that the Redskins don't know what they're doing. I will say that if that criticism is coming from the Browns, it gets crickets. But his agent is definitely posturing and manipulating to come on 106.7. I found it amazing that when ask what team Trent's agent is referring to when he said the Redskins didn't know what they were doing, he says that he would like to be respectful of those not on the radio. Was anyone from the Redskins on the radio?   

Ron has every right to feel how he feels. If Trent has no recent film, is coming off injury and only last year could put on a helmet, why would Rivera just give him the benefit of the doubt? I think Trent was used to the old comfortable way of doing things. Kind of like he was a made man done wrong.  

Anyway, Trent no doubt needs to move on. We as fans appreciate what he's done over the years. I don't know what a ring of honor has to do with anything. For his agent to bring that up right now makes no sense to me. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think Rivera/Smith look like they said... "Wait, who are you and you want what? Okay. See ya. Now, let's get back to the big boy table with Trent."

*shrug*

I think you're both right....Dunbar is a highly rated corner and they are hard to find, we should've held out for a 3rd or kept him.....but, RR has a right to dump complainers, especially if he doesn't believe he's worth what he's demanding. I hate dumping drafted talent that have pro bowl potential....what can we really expect a 5th round pick to become when compared to what Dunbar is? We traded him for pennies on the dollar but I guess RR has his reasons. 

Archived