Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

The Skins supposedly have a 2nd rounder on the table for Williams now, at least that's what they apparently are telling other teams. They are holding out for more if that's the case but I doubt they will get it:

"Per Rapoport, Washington has begun the process of looking at potential suitors, but it's unclear how high the team will set the asking price. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Washington is telling teams it has a second-round pick on the table, meaning the 'Skins are likely holding out for a first-round offer. ""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070802/article/redskins-now-open-to-trading-tackle-trent-williams

7 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

The Skins supposedly have a 2nd rounder on the table for Williams now, at least that's what they apparently are telling other teams. They are holding out for more if that's the case but I doubt they will get it:

"Per Rapoport, Washington has begun the process of looking at potential suitors, but it's unclear how high the team will set the asking price. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Washington is telling teams it has a second-round pick on the table, meaning the 'Skins are likely holding out for a first-round offer. ""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070802/article/redskins-now-open-to-trading-tackle-trent-williams

Bruce for the L.

9 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

We Deserve Better!

Yes, we DO deserve better. And we deserve better than the entire situation with the team that Snyder has given us over the past 20 years. I don't think we will get more than a 2nd rounder for him at this point and if we wait till after the season to trade him, he is a year older and his value is even lower. Nice going Skins, wait until the day before the trade deadline then put him on the market.

If they get a 1st rounder for him now, I will eat my hat!

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So... I just looked at Cleveland's remaining schedule.  There's really no reason they can't make the playoffs if they get Baker some protection.  Their toughest remaining opponent, by far, are the Ravens, who they beat by 15 points earlier this year:

-Broncos

-Bills 

-Steelers

-Dolphins

-Steelers

-Bengals

-Cardinals

-Ravens

-Bengals

If their goal is to make the playoffs this year, it definitely seems do-able.  I just hope their GM sees it that way and parts with a 1st in the final hour to seal the deal.

i think they might realize that they need more than Trent to save that team. That's the problem  

Based on everything we have seen this season we should be getting a 1st + other high pick for Trent.  But that was back when OTHER teams were desperate, and not when teams know we now have 1 day to move him or eat a season at great hurt to ourselves.

Bruce has done a lot of dumb things in his tenure, but this will go down as one of his dumbest.  He will have to either trade him now for cheap, or after TW shows up for the last 6 weeks, trade him during the off-season for cheap because hes only got 1 year left.  And I have no doubt that if Bruce is so bad at negotiating with the likes of Kirk and Trent, he especially is when dealing with top NFL GMs.

Fully expecting him to come out ala-Kirk-Cousins-Situation with a strongly worded statement tomorrow and rebuke of all 31 other NFL GMs, saying we negotiated in good faith and they didnt so they couldnt come to a deal.

Wait till the dust settles before making statements this could work out very well teams that are still desperate now have less time to research the situation eg contract extensions and such.

And who knows maybe trent sitting on the couch all season means he not in shape. Big men find pretty easy to pack on pounds especially when they planned on not returning all season. Would not surprise me if Trent was thinking sitting out whole season. Returning week 10 not in game shape.

The big mistake here was allowing the relationship with Williams to get this bad.  Scrambling to get value for a player the skins could have used on the field, is just damage control.  Not the first time this has happened, and we got exactly nothing in return for Kirk after he had a falling out with the franchise.  Hopefully they manage to get more from this latest screw up. 

5 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I clearly get the point. My point is we don't have to move him. If  we aren't getting offers better than a 2nd. Sit on him until the off season and see if someone might want him for more in the off season. The problem right now is the teams that might want him. know they aren't going to make the playoffs this year. So of course they aren't as pressured into trading for a LT. He doesn't have to be moved. He's been on this team this far. A few more weeks won't hurt either way.

Noone is going to give a 1st rounder for him next year. An aging player, who sat out a year.  Why burn a 1st rounder on that. Better off getting someone younger. 

I just don't think Allen is serious about trading him. He probably finally came to the realization that the Skins fans are up in arms over not trading Williams so deiced to pretend on the last day he was actually available. When was the last trade Allen made a trade that we heard about before hand? 

I think Cleve is the team with the 2nd round pick on the table..probly along with a player like Higgins. So Bruce is putting it oit there to see if he can draw in another bidder which seems unlikely this late unless New England offers their 1st. Cant see Bruce dealing TW to a team that could get him a ring, its too personal.

5 hours ago, cober said:

Wait till the dust settles before making statements this could work out very well teams that are still desperate now have less time to research the situation eg contract extensions and such.

And who knows maybe trent sitting on the couch all season means he not in shape. Big men find pretty easy to pack on pounds especially when they planned on not returning all season. Would not surprise me if Trent was thinking sitting out whole season. Returning week 10 not in game shape.

This aspect of the trade has not been explored enough.  Trent may not be ready to play or he may not be willing to play.  He may want all or part of his forfeited salary reinstated before he reports.  He may not want to move to Cleveland or elsewhere.  24 hours isn't much time for a team to investigate what they will be getting, especially if another player is involved in the trade.  Waiting until after the season started was a risky move that had some chance of increasing TW's trade value, but waiting until the day before the trading deadline was classic Bruce.

So apparently Bruce is taking offers now.  I wonder why the sudden change. I presume it was a string of losses but I still don't trust him to do the right thing.

So he is in panic sell mode of a rusty player at a premium to try to save face, yet finds himself trying to wheel and deal at the 11th hour with limited suitors.  And of course is trying to pry a good player off a roster of a team that is looking to compete, which naturally makes the deal a non starter for a GM, looking to move picks.

Why is everything so complicated for Botchie? He is probably looking to add thinking we are one player away.

As much as I'd like this drama to be over, I'm not sure that I'd take just a high 2nd for TW.  Maybe a high #2 and a DB or TE with potential.   Ideally, it'd be a 1st and a 3rd, but Bruce has so cluster-****ed this, there is no way he's getting anything close to that.

Think of this, if Houston offered 1st, 1st, & 2nd for Tunsil, what did Allen turn down for TW?

Archived