Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

As for the OJ Howard stuff, I liked him before the draft.  I didn't want him at our pick that year but I liked him.  I haven't watched him much in Tampa Bay so I haven't followed his career closely but its hard to miss that he's gaining a reputation of being a dude who hasn't lived up to his billing. 

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/10/10/oj-howard-hasnt-disappeared-the-buccaneers-are-just-using-him-differently/

Though Howard is a willing and capable blocker, it’s not necessarily a strength. Pro Football Focus grades him as a below-average run-blocking tight end, and he has struggled even more as a pass blocker. 

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/14/bruce-arians-puts-o-j-howard-on-blast-he-can-play-a-heck-of-a-lot-better/

The former Alabama star was supposed to have a breakout season in this his third year, but things haven’t exactly gone as planned, and Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians seems a little peeved about the lack of production from the tight end.

When asked why Howard hasn’t lived up to his potential so far this season, Arians told reporters to go ask the tight end, himself.

“You’d probably have to ask him. He’s got so much talent and he can play a heck of a lot better than he’s playing.”

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

If you wanted 2 1st and some more, you'd have to do it prior to the beginning of the season.

Now, I don't see much teams paying that kind of stuff for just 8 games.

Browns? They stand at 2-5 and would require more than Trent to right their ship and reach the playoff. So they are basically trading for next year now. Don't expect them to trade a first now.

Eh, they've had a pretty tough schedule so far. Their remaining schedule is supposedly one of the easiest in the NFL and includes 5 division games (1 Ravens who they already beat and 2 each against easy Steelers/Bengals). They're definitely still in it, as odd as that sounds. They may still be an option, who knows. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know if this is reliable but it would make sense based on other reports as I said earlier. 

I will pass on Howard. He has done nothing for Tampa while a guy who is OBVIOUSLY less talented than him has more production at the TE position there. Brate is a good player. But he has no where near the ability Howard has. Tells me he is a bust in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If the offer is less than a 2nd there is no way we should move him. We would likely get that and know what exact pick(s) we are getting just before the draft.

I don't know where you get this idea that a 2nd is good enough. If we don't get a 1st keep his ass until the draft or free agency. 

Just now, Redd said:

If the Redskins just get a 2nd and a bum player for Trent Williams.....I might have to reevaluate what I'm doing rooting for this team the past 30 years.

Wait, so all the other dysfunction has not persuaded you yet,  but not getting a first will?  I would think that Dan owning the team for many years to come would be enough.

Just now, Fred Jones said:

Wait, so all the other dysfunction has not persuaded you yet,  but not getting a first will?  I would think that Dan owning the team for many years to come would be enough.

Straw that broke the camel's back sir. 

8 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

If Tunsil = 1st + 1st + 2nd, but Williams is actually better... and Bruce only gets a 2nd...

That means Bruce is worth -1st & -1st

It’s called striking while the iron is hot.  Bruce didn’t and now we all pay for it.  

11 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I don't know where you get this idea that a 2nd is good enough. If we don't get a 1st keep his ass until the draft or free agency. 

The beat guys are saying no one has offered a first round pick to this point - and I don’t see his value getting any higher. 

a 2nd would be the lowest I would take and it might well be the most we can expect, possibly with something else to sweeten the pot.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

The beat guys are saying no one has offered a first round pick to this point - and I don’t see his value getting any higher. 

a 2nd would be the lowest I would take and it might well be the most we can expect, possibly with something else to sweeten the pot.

I get what you're saying, but we don't have to move him. He hasn't been here the whole year and we gain nothing from draft picks now. I say wait until the off season if we don't get a good offer. 

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

I get what you're saying, but we don't have to move him. He hasn't been here the whole year and we gain nothing from draft picks now. I say wait until the off season if we don't get a good offer. 

I agree broadly - I guess where we differ is I think a 2nd is a good offer at this point. I hope I’m wrong and someone gives us more.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

All kidding aside...if TW is traded for OJ Howard I will have a full on temper tantrum like that kid that had his World of Warcraft taken away from him.

I have no problem with getting Howard and a 2nd rd pick. I wouldn't want Howard by himself. Howard hasn't been on the best team with the best QBs either. With that being said the QBs don't get much better here. 

10 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

He doesn't have to be moved. If we can't get a 1st wait until off season. 

Guess you missed my point.  Dolphins got 2 firsts + for Tunsil because they acted when the Texans were in need (ie striking when iron is hot...).  

sure we can wait till off season when there is even less urgency by other teams to make trades.  

value is never greater than at the beginning of the season for teams who believe they have a chance at a run.  skins missed it.  Trade value only drops after that and again after the trade deadline (ie off season).  His contract being 2 years vs 1 year this coming off season also affects value.  

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I agree broadly - I guess where we differ is I think a 2nd is a good offer at this point. I hope I’m wrong and someone gives us more.

If a 2nd is all we can get I'm sure we can get a 2nd in the off season for him. At that point we would actually know where these teams pick. If we got a 2nd It would have to be a top 2nd and right now we just don't know where these picks will be.  

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Guess you missed my point.  Dolphins got 2 firsts + for Tunsil because they acted when the Texans were in need (ie striking when iron is hot...).  

sure we can wait till off season when there is even less urgency by other teams to make trades.  

value is never greater than at the beginning of the season for teams who believe they have a chance at a run.  skins missed it.  Trade value only drops after that and again after the trade deadline (ie off season).

I clearly get the point. My point is we don't have to move him. If  we aren't getting offers better than a 2nd. Sit on him until the off season and see if someone might want him for more in the off season. The problem right now is the teams that might want him. know they aren't going to make the playoffs this year. So of course they aren't as pressured into trading for a LT. He doesn't have to be moved. He's been on this team this far. A few more weeks won't hurt either way.

Archived