Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

7 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

The Skins should be open to trading any player, except Allen, Way, Payne, or McLaurin.

Agreed.  I would include Holcomb, Harmon, sweat and ion as well.  Collins contract makes him untradable.   That pretty much makes the core we should build around.

Norman - ham sandwich or higher (will consider a decent unwich) 

Trent - 2nd plus a player

Rather keep Kerrigan, he's my son's favorite player and it would suck to see him play for someone else... although I do wonder after watching preston smith leave if kerrigan is maybe JJ Watt but held back here, because, well, redskins 

Nothing like waiting to the last minute.  Some might say waiting will help spark a deal - I say that ship might have sailed.  Bruce might have thought waiting would create a bidding war - and give time for more injuries to happen.

Perhaps it removes some leverage from the Redskins - now other teams know the Skins want/need to trade Trent.  

I don't know maybe im over thinking it.  I just know Bruce is a dumb ass.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Wow it's going to be sad if we only get a 2nd Rd pick for Williams. 

Better than 3rd round comp pick which is the highest comp pick you can get.  I think we get more than that though.   Who says SnyderAllen signs off on a 2nd only though.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Better than 3rd round comp pick which is the highest comp pick you can get.  I think we get more than that though.   Who says SnyderAllen signs off on a 2nd only though.

The guy is under contract for 2 more years. I could careless about a comp pick. If they only get a 2nd that would be pathetic.

Damn I'm probably going to crash out tonight just as this thing could be heating up.

Got to think that 2nd round offer is off the Browns and has been on the table sometime, thus Bruce not being interested. I agree with the earlier posts that just getting a second will suck. I'd be fairly disappointed in that return.

Hoping for a fair bit more than that.....:kickcan:

8 minutes ago, carex said:

if the highest pick someone is offering is a second they should be offering an additional pick

I agree.  But we don't know what stories are true or not.   Other stories were they were already offered a first but that was long ago so those suitors (perhaps the Texans and Pats) no longer have that on the table.  Texans obviously got a LT now.

The thing I like is the narrative changed from them not being open for business to being open for business.   It also coincided with a story some beat guys had recently which is they thought Trent would return to now they get that he doesn't want to play there.  I guess will see. 

24 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

The Skins should be open to trading any player, except Allen, Way, Payne, or McLaurin.

I would add Ioannidis and Dunbar to this list. 

Other than that though - absolutely.

I am also thinking we are going to be disappointed by the offers we get for Williams now. 

15 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The guy is under contract for 2 more years. I could careless about a comp pick. If they only get a 2nd that would pathetic.

If he reports before week 10 this year will count and he will only be under contract for 1 more year. He would be silly not to report by the deadline.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing I like is the narrative changed from them not being open to business to being open to business. 

Agreed.  However, this recent development is due to one of three reasons:

1. They told teams no this entire time, knowing they would make him available at the last minute to see if a team would overreact and overpay.  Could be a savvy approach (still not as good as being open for business all along and trading him to Houston as many were hoping for).

2.  They have no intention of trading him, just want to shut the fanbase up and act as if they tried.

3.  All the noise from the fanbase made them realize that maybe our team isn't close and trading him would be a good idea.

I have many adjectives for snyderallen, savvy is not one of them, so it's hard to convince me of scenario #1.  And scenario #2 and #3 is completely unacceptable and pathetic.  

That being said, I hope the noise from the fanbase has forced their hand into getting a decent return for Trent.  I'm not holding my breath.

Archived