Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Jordan Reed has far greater career numbers. But he's also 6-2 and has always been more of a receiver than a TE. He doesnt block. If not for the injuries, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

OJ is 6'6, has decent hands, and can block. His issue lies in a TERRIBLE OL and RB core. I would absolutely trade for him and picks.

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If I’m the Browns, I’m offering less than I would have a few weeks ago.  It’s now more obvious that their 1st round pick will be higher and that the playoffs are further away, with or without Trent.

With than mindset why not just completely withdraw the offer then?  Keep all your picks and the extra cap room?

By messing around with this pissing contest, Bruce has significantly decreased Trent's value. We aren't getting a #1 this late in the season.

Should have traded him in September, like Dolphins did with Laremy Tunsil but no, Bruce wants to prove who has the bigger scrotum. 

Clown shoes franchise

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  But you got me who they think they can get from the Browns?  The Browns would be buffoons IMO to give up Beckham or Landry in the mix.    

The Browns #1 pick now looks like a sure fire top 10.  Bruce's best shot to make a trade with them IMO was earlier in the season when the Browns likely thought their #1 pick would be in the mid 20.

Browns play the Bills, Ravens for teams with winning records.

Broncos, Steelers (x2), Bengals (x2), Cardinals, Dolphins with losing records.

At 2-5, even if they lose both Bills and Ravens game and then 1 of the losing teams, they'll end 8-8.  That should be middle of the pack and I'd say likely with/without additions like Trent.  Those losing teams are so bad, that 10-6 (losing one of Bills/Raven only) wouldn't be a crazy circumstance. 

At 8-7-1 last year Vikings were 18th in the draft.  No 8-8 teams, but I think it's fair to assume that pick will be 15-20ish.  10-6 would make it start at 21 and obviously could get worse from there if they win anything (edit: if they get into the playoffs...).

Edit: Bills/Broncos were 9/10 picks and were 6-10.  So further I don't see top ten.  Plus there are a lot of really bad teams this year, so a 3-13 Cardinals got the #1 pick and we could see a bunch of 0, 1, 2 and maybe 3 win teams between Dolphins, Bengals, Skins, Falcons and Jets.  Ouch.

Injuries also took a toll on OJ's numbers:

Chance of Injury in 2019: 62%  
Chance of Injury per Game:  5.9%  
Projected Games missed for 2019: 2.2  
Durability: 2  

Nov 18, 2018   Pedal Foot Sprain

Howard suffered unspecified injuries to his right foot and ankle on the same play in the 4th quarter of Week 11 and landed on IR.

Nov 18, 2018   Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3

Howard sustained unspecified injuries to his right ankle and foot on the same play in the 4th quarter of Week 11. He missed the rest of the season.

Dec 18, 2017   Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3

Howard suffered a high ankle sprain on a blow to his right leg as he went into the end zone in the 1st quarter against the Falcons. He spent the final 2 games on IR.

The Browns management have everything to lose here. Sure they can sit and take the option of not trading for an All-Pro LT that can anchor their line for the next 4-5 years. OR they can sit there, and do nothing and hope that they dont miss the playoffs. But from where im sitting, between the Bills, Ravens and Steelers, they have another 4 losses incoming. Thats an at-best, 7-9 season and a visit to a headhunter for Kitchens and Dorsey after the money spent in the offseason for free agents.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Please critique the following thought:

What do you mean by they have no good reason to lessen their offer? First, who's to say there was an offer? Two, what is your thought on the reason that teams' would keep the same offer when the Skins backs are up against the trade deadline?

well if there was no offer then what the hell have everyone been ****ing about for ages.  Do NFL teams actually call up regarding trades without some idea what they'd offer?

There backs are up against the trade deadline to acquire someone to play this year.  If we trade for draft picks then we don't gain anything till April and we can start trying to acquire them again in March.  They are not doing us a favor by trading for Trent

14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The Browns management have everything to lose here. Sure they can sit and take the option of not trading for an All-Pro LT that can anchor their line for the next 4-5 years. OR they can sit there, and do nothing and hope that they dont miss the playoffs. But from where im sitting, between the Bills, Ravens and Steelers, they have another 4 losses incoming. Thats an at-best, 7-9 season and a visit to a headhunter for Kitchens and Dorsey after the money spent in the offseason for free agents.

I don't see where Trent would help them this year at this point.  If it had happened during the bye week maybe.  I think for the Browns, salvaging this season all comes down to them realizing what they're not and accept what they are.  If they would just play double TE and ride Chubb, and Hunt when they get him back in a couple weeks, and allow Baker to go play action they can run the table against their remaining schedule and Chubb could hit 2000 yards.  They dropped 40 on the Ravens doing that and have gone away from it.  Don't think I've seen a team over complicate things as much as they have.   

The Redskins seem to be working on the assumption that TW will be back in week 10.  If this is true the incentive to trade him is less now when they were farther from his return.  I wouldn't trade him now for a decreased value; if he comes back and plays decently his value will be atleast as good at the end of the year as it is now.  He should have been traded weeks ago, but no rush now if the value is not there.

4 minutes ago, evmiii said:

The Redskins seem to be working on the assumption that TW will be back in week 10.  If this is true the incentive to trade him is less now when they were farther from his return.  I wouldn't trade him now for a decreased value; if he comes back and plays decently his value will be atleast as good at the end of the year as it is now.  He should have been traded weeks ago, but no rush now if the value is not there.

If the Redskins have that assumption the incentive would be to trade him. If Trent shows up his value is crushed. The best thing for the Redskins is if he doesn't show at this point (other than trading him before 4pm today). 

The Redskins haven't altered their stance on trading tackle Trent Williams: In order to move him, a team will have to meet their price. And, entering today, that price was a first-rounder - or somehow a package that gave them a playmaker to help the development of quarterback Dwayne Haskins. Cleveland reportedly remains interested in Williams, but it'll be hard to get a deal done if the Browns don't surrender a first-rounder. The Redskins have been content to gauge his market in the offseason.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

My guess, Bruce would like to trade for OJ Howard and potentially get hold of another WR. Problem is he can't get someone to bite enough on Trent.

What if CLE offered a 2,4 plus Higgins.....Then the 2 went to Tampa for Howard.

i do think it's more than trading Trent away, it's about getting someone else in through the door too.

1 hour ago, carex said:

With than mindset why not just completely withdraw the offer then?  Keep all your picks and the extra cap room?

Because you're waiting on Bruce to be desperate in the next hour or two. 

At this point, the desire Bruce has to rid himself of the Trent situation, is greater than any expected impact Trent will provide to a team this season.  The rest of the league knows this.

The teams desperate on the buying side are either similarly delusional about their team's potential, or have a value they aren't moving off of.  

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

My guess, Bruce would like to trade for OJ Howard and potentially get hold of another WR. Problem is he can't get someone to bite enough on Trent.

What if CLE offered a 2,4 plus Higgins.....Then the 2 went to Tampa for Howard.

i do think it's more than trading Trent away, it's about getting someone else in through the door too.

I'm not sure there's a one step plan, never mind a multi-step plan like that. 

NFL Network just now, they said in the last 24 hours the Redskins suddenly became open for business.   But they didn't allude to any movement.

They asked Casserly about this.  He thinks they could have gotten high value for Trent from the Texans but that ship has sailed.  He thinks they won't be able to trade Norman.

Bruce probably is golfing right now since the weather is still nice enough.  Probably passing up good deals at the moment, but he has his Coors at least.  

Silly not to take at least a 2nd and a 4th.  If it's Howard and a 2nd then that's fine as well.  It would hurt going into the draft and having to pick a LT early and it can only zero out at best.  Doesn't make sense to me but it is so redskins.  

One hurdle I'm also curious about is other teams willingness to trade without having time to perform a physical on TW.

He was injured this offseason, hasn't been to the facility, so it's really hard to gauge.  I'd be leery of making a move and just assuming BA is going to even know truthfully what his condition is currently. 

Archived