Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love Chase but there isn't a player-pick that's off limits to me at least none we have.  But I wouldn't be a cheap date, you'd have to blow me away

Same here. Today could be pretty interesting.

Bottom line, make the right call RR and Kyle. And that could be a variable outcome, just make the right call that benefits the roster the most.

Something is off about Howard.  He's got every physical tool, but he's never been consistently productive in his entire football career.  I'd stay away from him.  His track record of constant underachievement is long enough now to significantly lower the expectations of his upside.  I would rather draft Harrison Bryant than trade that same pick for Howard.

If the Skins are/will be receiving trade offers for #2 that actually have them considering it...I would prefer they settle the Trent issue first (if at all possible). The potential Trent compensation could factor in their view of the #2 pick compensation...like if staying at #2 is the best course because of what Trent brought back. 

Either way...it's at least becoming interesting...

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Something is off about Howard.  He's got every physical tool, but he's never been consistently productive in his entire football career.  I'd stay away from him.  His track record of constant underachievement is long enough now to significantly lower the expectations of his upside.  I would rather draft Harrison Bryant than trade that same pick for Howard.

That's my worry about Howard, but Harrison Bryant and Howard are still two different players.  From the games I've watched, Bryant was almost exclusively a big slot.  He'd sometimes motion to in-line, but then ran a route from there.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't see any way we get a first for Trent, unless we take salary back from the Bucs or pay Trent's salary this year so they can get him under the cap. 

I would pay all of TWs salary for this year for a 1st round pick

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Howard is just so stiff. Very upright runner. 

He’s fast as hell, but he’s very robotic in his movements, similar to the way RGIII was a great athlete without the lateral athleticism of a Vick or a Russell Wilson. For Howard, this seems to lessen how effective he is running routes that don’t involve just running in a straight line down the seam.  He also has too many concentration drops for my liking.

But the dude is a beast in most other areas, and would easily become the best TE on this team... I just wouldn’t trade a Day 2 pick for him. 

46 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Agree. While I would like to add Howard's talent to the mix of players we currently have competing at TE, I would not give up a lot to acquire him, or even consider him the default starter if we do.

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't see any way we get a first for Trent, unless we take salary back from the Bucs or pay Trent's salary this year so they can get him under the cap. 

I could see us getting more in return if we take on some of his 2020 salary, for sure. But how much I don't know.

Maybe it is a product of me doing so many mocks and not picking anyone from mid 1st to 66 ... but I have so many players I like in the 3rd and 4th round that if we did land, say, pick #27 from Seattle ... I would be interested in trading it back and acquiring a 2nd and a 3rd.

Of course, my original "hope" was to be able to get a pair of 3's which would be absolutely perfect.

A late 1st or a 2nd is obviously valued above a 3rd.

But I think I would rather be able to draft Trautman, Saahdiq Charles and Bryan Edwards in the 3rd than I would to draft, say, Josh Jones and Trautman if we got #27. So my hope would be to trade #27 to a team in the 2nd wanting to come up for a QB ... and that way you can get a 2 and a 3 ... and be better positioned to add the right talent. I am just spitballing here. I would be thrilled with #27, obviously. ANd it would add serious intrigue on draft night whether we take someone there or trade out. I would take 27 over a pair of 3's all day every day, on paper.

5 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That's my worry about Howard, but Harrison Bryant and Howard are still two different players.  From the games I've watched, Bryant was almost exclusively a big slot.  He'd sometimes motion to in-line, but then ran a route from there. 

Yeah he's a big receiver pretty much.  But he's smart and gives effort as a blocker.  He "gets in the way."  And he knows how to play decoy and be a part of the bigger picture of a passing game.

Howard is a traditional in-line tight end, but I'm not sure he's a particularly good blocker.  One of the reasons he ended up in the Arians doghouse last season was because he supposedly struggled to pick up the blocking scheme.

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Maybe throw in a 2021 pick to get the deal done. Say a 3rd rounder?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we trade back from 3.2 if we find a partner.  Adding a mid round pick (perhaps a late rounder as well) would be big.  

I would stay put if CEH is there or one of tackles - Niang, Jackson.  Not sure about Isaiah Wilson.  We could really use an offensive weapon and tackle is our biggest weakness at the moment.  
Davis-Gaither might be the only (potentially available) LB I take over a trade down.  
Unless a receiver falls - Higgins, Mims, Pittman and maybe Raegor - I probably trade back over taking one there (even though I really like Van Jefferson, Johnson and Edwards).  
Dugger is likely the only safety I might stay put for simply because of the upside.  Guys like Davis, Burgess, Blackmon and Wallace are intriguing, but I take the additional pick(s) at that point.  

I would consider taking guys like Hunt, Kindley, Biadasz, Dotson, Hennessy over a trade.  
Seeing what corners will be available at that point is going to be really interesting.  

On a separate note, I’m thinking adding a late round TE makes a lot of sense, regardless of whether we take one earlier.  Guys like Sullivan and Woerner, who were seemingly held back by scheme/circumstances, offer a lot of upside.  

I am beginning to think that Miami is trying to move to #2 without giving up the farm. just a hunch but..

1. they put out interest in Herbert to try to throw off the Tua interest

2. The only way thy can be sure to land Tua is to trade to #2, since both Det and NYG said they are open for business in a trade down

3. Since Skins basically said they'd be willing to trade out of #2 for the right offer, Dolphins could mis out on Tua (theoretically) 

If skins are able to trade with Miami for #5, they could also have the ammo to trade back up to 3 or 4 to get Young

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Having already traded with the Seahawks and Carolina this offseason, I’m seeing SEA in the mix for Trent and CAR after the #2 pick. Likely amicable trade partners.

What can the Panthers possibly give in a trade that’s worth Chase? What draft capital do they have, cause I wouldn’t be interested in any of their players outside of McCafferty

7 minutes ago, oraphus said:

I am beginning to think that Miami is trying to move to #2 without giving up the farm. just a hunch but..

2. The only way thy can be sure to land Tua is to trade to #2, since both Det and NYG said they are open for business in a trade down

3. Since Skins basically said they'd be willing to trade out of #2 for the right offer, Dolphins could mis out on Tua (theoretically) 

If skins are able to trade with Miami for #5, they could also have the ammo to trade back up to 3 or 4 to get Young

I think if they are crazy enough to deal 2 and pass up chase young, the Lions, who really really need a pass rusher would NEVER trade out of 3 to also give up Chase Young.  We trade out of 2 we lose Chase Young.  Not worth it at all.

12 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I think if they are crazy enough to deal 2 and pass up chase young, the Lions, who really really need a pass rusher would NEVER trade out of 3 to also give up Chase Young.  We trade out of 2 we lose Chase Young.  Not worth it at all.

Detroit also needs corners.. but its a risk Skins should take since they could rebuild the roster in one draft by getting a top corner, LT, WR and TE in top 3 round. Skins have so many holes that Young alone will not move the needle for this team in 2020.

19 minutes ago, oraphus said:

That is assuming Detroit would be willing to trade down vs taking Chase.

I would think the team would have an agreement in place already with detroit, in effect making a trade down with miami a 3 way trade.

Let's assume that the framework of a trade down with Miami is already in place. There's no way the team pulls the trigger on that unless they have a trade agreement in place with Detroit to move back up.. Otherwise I'd have to think no deal, unless Miami offered all their firsts this year and more next year.

23 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

What can the Panthers possibly give in a trade that’s worth Chase? What draft capital do they have, cause I wouldn’t be interested in any of their players outside of McCafferty

it’s only a guess so I mean...well if it was them Rivera would know better than anyone. Couple of very good receivers there I suppose. But yes, the don’t appear to have the draft ammo on face value.

Archived