Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

18 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

It's easier to like 2018 Shenault compared to 2019, but then the question is how soon or even how realistic is it that he gets back to that after his injuries? He had an extra half gear he'd turn on once he'd start to break away that wasn't there as much this year.

I love his core strength and contact balance the most among the WR/RB/Hybrid group (check 3:34 in the vid below) but I worry about how his skills that rely on that strength are now after those core muscle injuries. His breaks used to be much more sudden than what was shown in that latest video he did last week or whatever and he could torque himself much more violently.

When I watched Shenault, granted it was months ago, my overriding impression was he was raw as a route runner and for a dude who is supposedly this monster athlete he didn't strike me being that quick twitch.  

I recall comparing him to Parris Campbell.  A YAC guy who was more Pierre Garcon with the ball in his hands than Parris Campbell stylistically.   You throw him a hitch-screen and let him bull doze over a defender or two like a power RB.  

For me there were other guys that I got much more excited about as for pure receiver types.  I don't hate Shenault.  I can see it.  But I'd hope his speed is better than what he showed at the combine and his injury issues are put to rest. 

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

I am beginning to think that Miami is trying to move to #2 without giving up the farm. just a hunch but..

1. they put out interest in Herbert to try to throw off the Tua interest

2. The only way thy can be sure to land Tua is to trade to #2, since both Det and NYG said they are open for business in a trade down

3. Since Skins basically said they'd be willing to trade out of #2 for the right offer, Dolphins could mis out on Tua (theoretically) 

If skins are able to trade with Miami for #5, they could also have the ammo to trade back up to 3 or 4 to get Young

I agree that Miami, and possibly another team, are trying to get Tua without giving up the farm.  I think that may be why there have been reports for over a week that teams have been trying to trade up to 3 with Detroit.  That will be the cheapest way to lock down the QB you want.  Move to 3 first and it won't cost you much to get up to 2 - as long as we are confident you are moving up for a QB.  We may be fielding offers but in my opinion the number 3 pick (with assurance that you are not drafting Chase Young) plus an extra Day 2 pick puts an end to all discussions and gets a deal done.  

Here's my three round mock. Round 1 was corrected. I had a glaring omission that I'm not admitting to in specifics :ols: - Not entirely sure why the numbers got cut off from my word doc, but I'm not going in and typing them again right now :ols:

2020 KD Mock Draft

Cincinatti Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Burrow is the obvious pick. Moves well, good arm, accurate, home state. Burrow may not be thrilled with going to the Bengals, but the Bengals need a quarterback. Provided they don’t do anything crazy, this pick is a lock.

Washington Redskins: Chase Young, Ohio State

There are some who would like a trade down, and any circumstance that guarantees that some combination of an OT and Simmons were on the board for the ‘Skins and I’d think about it. But ultimately, the best player in the draft is on the board. Take him. Young has explosive athleticism and body control that allow him to play with lean and move. Can play the run and pass. Would like to see his hands be more active in the NFL, but he didn’t need them. His lower body work was enough to blow him by the tackles he faced, a lot of which were NFL prospects. No brainer.

Detroit Lions: Derrick Brown, Auburn

My first “shocker” of the day. I had a hard time with Brown vs. Young in my overall rankings. People are all over the Young bandwagon, but not enough have jumped on the Brown bandwagon. He plays with a good pad level, explodes off of movement, hands on, works the hand fighting technique, out leverages linemen smaller and larger and can sniff out a play. Can pass rush and run defend. Plays all across the line at Auburn: 1,3,5-technique are all places he can play. Needs some work on change of direction stuff, but his IQ is high enough where that hasn’t hurt him - yet.

New York Giants: Isaiah Simmons, Clemson

This one hurts to do. The Giants getting Simmons is a kick in the nether region. But it’s a strong pick for them. The consideration is between the tackles and the positionless defender. If you are truly going BPA, Simmons is the pick here for many reasons. He can line up at OLB, safety, slot corner or even ILB in Nickel and Dime sets. Can rush the passer, play man and zone. Fluid hips, strong motor, badass attitude. Dude is an absolute monster. As long as the Giants use him correctly, he will be a dominating force for this team. The concern, however, is can the Giants and Joe Judge and his staff figure out how to properly utilize him. The tackles are very good in this draft, but none are a better player than Isaiah Simmons.

Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama

The Dolphins have been all aboard the Tua train. Given the recent world developments, the Dolphins may not need to trade up. There are some people that believe they may go Herbert here, or I’ve seen a few people suggest they go completely off the wagon and go with another position altogether here. I think if Tua is there at their pick they take him. With a plethora of first and second rounders here, they can take the risk/reward math problem at this pick with Tua. Tua is one of the most pinpoint accurate passers in the draft, moves well, has a high football IQ and delivers the ball on time on a regular basis. I don’t think it was coincidence that Miami traded their LT last year, given that their plan all along has been Tua. The pause comes from when they thought they may need to trade up for an injury prone player. Hence I believe the leaks began. To create doubt of their plan and to show they aren’t afraid to go with Herbert. 

Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, Oregon

I’m not as high as some on Herbert, or as low on him as others. Herbert has all the physical traits of an NFL quarterback. To me, this is the guy most like Dwayne Haskins in last year’s draft with the intangibles. Difference between the two: Haskins makes better decisions, Herbert has better mechanics and Herbert is an introvert, Haskins is not. It’s hard to argue with Herbert’s upside. He can make all the throws and may have the strongest arm of the top QBs in the draft. Getting out of the Oregon offense and into a NFL offense and with NFL coaching is his hope. The Chargers need a face of the franchise, so a guy traveling just a touch south is the play.

Carolina Panthers: Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State

Okudah slipped a bit for me. Not because he’s not tremendously skilled, but because I don’t think there is as large of a gap between the corners as many. From a technical mastery perspective, though, Okudah is unmatched. He moves his feet well, keeps his hips facing the right direction, anticipates and breaks on the ball extremely well. I strongly believe that this pick and the pick at #3 can flip flop. Brown or Okudah at either spot.

Arizona Cardinals: Andrew Thomas, Georgia

This was the hardest pick for me to make so far. I have an instinctual feeling that they go with CeeDee Lamb here - Murray is comfortable with him and Hopkins, Fitz and Lamb for Murray this year is dangerous. The problem there, though, is the Cardinals offensive line isn’t very good. And for Murray to improve in his sophomore season he needs to be protected. So, given the fact that I value OL over almost anything in the game of football, I gave the Cardinals the best LT on the board: Andrew Thomas. Thomas can maul, move, climb, pass set. He plays with leverage and is very good at walling off defenders using his length and feet. This dude is a nasty, violent tackle. He’s not going to be taking outside zone steps, he’s going to be lining up and mauling human beings at the point of attack.

Jacksonville Jaguars: CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma

Some believe they could look at a quarterback here, but all the top ones are off the board and the others shouldn’t be selected this early due to value. Then you can look at EDGE, but the EDGE’s aren’t worth the selection here. Instead, they go with a playmaking wide receiver for Gardner Minshew to hit. With massive hands and smooth athleticism, Lamb can be used in a variety of ways to get open. He would be the perfect exit valve for Minshew and would allow the Jaguars to vary their attack with the running game and passing game. 

Cleveland Browns: Jedrick Wills, Alabama

The Browns have been linked to Trent Williams all offseason long, and sadly, the ‘Skins trade destination hope for the Browns likely ends with this pick. Wills is a talented guy who played RT at Bama. It’s not an easy transition to the left side, but if you watch Wills you’ll see he is tremendously gifted and athletic. The guy can maul. He can also pass protect. Sometimes when watching you think he’s slow or plodding, but then he’s on a block you didn’t think he had a chance to get to and you’re left sitting there perplexed and impressed. Wirfs could be the pick here, and likely safer due to his G/T versatility. But Wills is a tough prospect to pass on in the OT market. 

New York Jets: Jerry Jeudy, Alabama

This is a spot that Wirfs could go off the board. But the Jet faithful may actually riot if they go with a tackle here. Instead, they take the absolute best pure route runner in this draft. Jeudy sinks his hips and changes directions so well in his breaks. It’s like watching a work of art move around the field. He is a fantastic weapon that can play in the slot or on the outside and Darnold will have a target to put him in the best position to succeed. 

Las Vegas Raiders: Henry Ruggs III, Alabama

Three Bama players in a row? I think so. I’m not sure that this is where Ruggs should go, but I think this is where he goes. The Raiders are in love with speed and athleticism and Ruggs has it. 

San Francisco 49ers: Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina

What he lacks in technique he gains in burst and explosion. Kinlaw could be the best pass rushing interior lineman in the draft, and with a guy like Brown, who I feel could be the best DT drafted in the last five years around, that’s saying something. Kinlaw has everything you want in an interior tackle, and as a pure 3-technique he offers a good mix of pass rush and run defense ability. The 49ers need to replace Buckner, who they traded to the Colts for this selection. They could go another position, but this pick bolsters their defensive line and continues them down the path of the way they got to this position: Build the line and trade off assets to gain new cheaper assets.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tristan Wirfs, Iowa

Brady needs a tackle. Wirfs is considered one of the best by many. Don’t overthink it here.

Denver Broncos: CJ Henderson, Florida

There’s a lot of people out there that think Henderson is a raw prospect at corner. I am one of them. But the shine he does bring, along with his athleticism and ball hawking ability, make him a very solid addition. While he’s not technically as smooth as CB1 Jeff Okudah, his ability to use his athleticism and never truly be out of a play is tough to argue against. Imagine what he’d be like with polish. He is raw technically, so while he can play and contribute he will need to continue to hone his craft. 

Atlanta Falcons: K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU

Here’s another little bit of a shocker, at least in my eyes. Atlanta needs to shore up a lot of things, but one thing that could make an immediate impact is drafting this EDGE. He is another guy, like Henderson, that is a bit raw. He forgets to use his hands sometimes when he could win with them, gets his feet too close together at times on the pass rush. But one thing is for sure, Chaisson has an extremely high ceiling as it pertains to rushing the passer. He was extremely productive in college last year: Only 6.5 sacks but 13.5 TFLs. He is a disruptor with a motor and could see his ability skyrocket in the NFL.

Dallas Cowboys: Xavier McKinney, Alabama

McKinney is a do it all safety. Literally. Can align at free or strong, low or high and he will find the football. He is an open field tackling beast. He plays a lot like Clemson phenom Isaiah Simmons, just usually aligns higher. Can blitz well, cover a slot or drop to a deep man. He has great anticipatory skills and has a motor that doesn’t stop running. He could stand to improve his range as a deep safety, as that seems to be the one spot he is a touch less instinctual. But this move is a scary addition to the Cowboy defense. 

Miami Dolphins: Mekhi Becton, Louisville

They could look at Justin Jefferson here, or throw the draft community for a loop and take Jonathan Taylor or DeAndre Swift, but for a team that wants to improve immediately, they need to protect their new franchise quarterback. Becton is raw and has some concerns with weight, but he is a physical mauler that Miami would likely love to have to protect their shiny new quarterback.

Las Vegas Raiders: Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma

Has some deficiencies, specifically where he plugs and fills as he has a tendency to overflow. But his speed, athleticism, sideline to sideline ability, inside and outside linebacker versatility and overall instinctual play warrants a team taking a risk. With his hard nosed, nasty persona the Raiders would have to be salivating at the idea of landing him. He and Jonathan Abrams patrolling the middle of the field for the Raiders could give opposing receivers nightmares. 

Jacksonville Jaguars: Terrell Lewis, Alabama

This was one of the harder choices. Ngakuoe rumors swirl, so this pick is largely dependent on that. They could go DT here. Or LB with Queen. Or even receiver with Jefferson. But if they are looking to fast track finding a way to replace their DE that they are looking to possibly move on from, this is a good pick. I don’t have him as the third edge on my board, but his style fits the mold for Jacksonville. 

Philadelphia Eagles: Justin Jefferson, LSU

The Eagles need a receiver and Jefferson is the next man up. He has everything you want out of a receiver and can make plays happen anywhere on the field. Philly is in desperate need of receiver help. The pick just makes sense for them. 

Minnesota Vikings: Kristian Fulton, LSU

Corner, receiver, OT, oh my! Which direction are the Vikings looking? Well, who knows? Fulton is probably the best value left out of all of those positions, aside from Mims/Higgins at WR. They’re going to need some help in quite a few places as they’ve had cap casualties. I’d guess the Vikings will try to move this pick somewhere for something. 

New England Patriots: Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma

What? Neville Gallimore? Yes. Gallimore is a great 1-technique prospect for them and will help shore up a vulnerable rush defense. He has good hands and leverage, explosion and is able to anchor and maintain position. He can also rush the passer fairly well from that spot. The Patriots don’t care about draft choices that make you say “ohh” or “ahh”. They look for substance. Gallimore shores up their interior.

New Orleans Saints: Patrick Queen, LSU

In what could be the best overall linebacker available from a polish and skillset standpoint, Patrick Queen goes to the Saints to help a defense that needs a second level presence. Queen can play inside in a nickel or dime look, or outside in a more traditional 4-3 over alignment for the Saints. He’s a very smart defender and can move very well laterally. The only thing he’s missing is powerful punches to jar blockers at the contact point. 

Minnesota Vikings: Denzel Mims, Baylor

This pick and 22 could swap for them, but ultimately I believe they are going to try to come out of the first round with a receiver and a corner, and based on some BPA potential that could align with their needs quite well. 

Miami Dolphins: D’Andre Swift, Georgia

First runningback off the board. Swift can do it all. Good runner with excellent change of direction and hands. Inside and outside running, would excel in a zone scheme where he can use his vision and acceleration to hit open seams and hit homeruns. I question his ability to be an every down back, as he never had more than roughly 15 touches per game in college as far as I’m aware. But he has the skillset. The Dolphins may need to establish another back, maybe Ballage, to be a tandem with Swift. But they’ll get their money’s worth from the Georgia product.

Seattle Seahawks: AJ Epenesa, Iowa

Not a whole lot to discuss here. Seattle needs an edge presence, Epenesa is a first round talent at a spot they need and he is nearing BPA status in this bubble. 

Baltimore Ravens: Zack Baun, Wisconsin

This has been a pick many mocks have had, and I agree with. His style melds well with the Ravens ability to move guys around and play in different roles. He can play OLB at the LOS or defensive end. Either way, he’s an edge presence that can do a bit more athletically and fits what you look for in a Ravenseque defensive football player.

Tennessee Titans: Trevon Diggs, Alabama

The rumors of his slip are greatly exaggerated, and Diggs falls to the Titans lap at 29. The Titans could use some shoring up at CB and there are a few directions they could go here. Yetur Gross-Matos, Curtis Weaver or even a guy like Damon Arnette/AJ Terrell should be on the table. I like Diggs here, but am open to it being another edge/cb

Green Bay Packers: Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

First pure MLB in the draft, they need a guy that can play the run and they lost another backer in Blake Martinez this offseason. Brooks is a physical thumper who isn’t the best coverage guy, but is protected as a pure MIKE. Has good instincts and can shoot a gap with the best of them. 

San Francisco 49ers: Tee Higgins, Clemson

Haven’t seen this one in any mocks I’ve seen. The Niners could use some receiver help with Sanders out of the picture. And while some believe Higgins falls, I think letting him fall too far is a mistake. He is likely a top 5 receiver as far as outside guys go. Here is a good spot for him. I’d also be curious about Jaelen Raegor here.

Kansas City Chiefs: JK Dobbins, Ohio State

Taylor is still on the board. But the Chiefs will want a guy at the running back position more in the mold of Swift and Dobbins. A zone runner that can catch the ball well out of the backfield and fit in their system. While I feel Taylor is a better prospect, there are also some glaring issues with him going to a team that uses their backs in a variety of ways. Dobbins can do everything in the backfield and may be more of a bellcow than even Swift, who I have going well ahead of him. I think the Chiefs go running back here as long as Swift or Dobbins are available. 

Round 2

Cincinnati Bengals: Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

Lots of needs for Cincy, OL is one of them. Ruiz is a difference maker for a team that needs a ton of them.

Indianapolis Colts: Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin

Indy could use a few playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, and Taylor has the tools to make that happen. Needs to improve his hands and ball security, but his running ability is the best in this draft in multiple styles. 

Detroit Lions: Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State

Here the Lions piggy back off their round 1 Derrick Brown selection and try to solidify their defensive front even further. Matos disappeared for long chunks of time, but his length and athletic attributes make him an intriguing prospect for a defense that needs to do something to stop opposing offenses. 

New York Giants: Austin Jackson, USC

Jackson is one of the tackles that is least talked about in this draft, but he is more than a capable player. He has strong technique and good athleticism. I feel he is pro-ready, and getting Jackson here for the Giants makes taking the best player in Isaiah Simmons at 4 look absolutely genius. 

Los Angeles Chargers: Ross Blacklock, TCU

Blacklock slipped a bit further than a lot of people think he will, but the Chargers would be more than happy to land his services here at 37. Everything you want in a prospect on the IDL, but his feet are heavy and plodding at times. He has to make sure he’s making good reads but if he can do that he’ll be a disruptor. 

Carolina Panthers: Jaelen Raegor, TCU

Carolina needs weapons for Bridgewater. With McCaffrey shouldering a lot of the offensive load, the Panthers can use a playmaking receiver to compliment their current core. Raegor is a steal for them at this spot in the draft with his speed and athleticism. 

Miami Dolphins: Damon Arnette, Ohio State

The Dolphins continue to add promising youth to their roster. Arnette is a top CB prospect who may be more athletic and more of a ballhawk than his teammate, Jeff Okudah. He doesn’t have the same hips and play recognition, but he has all the tools you want.

Houston Texans: Josh Jones, Houston

Jones played for the University of Houston, so his transition to the NFL will be a short road trip. The Texans need a lot of help, but could likely use a little extra help up front. This pick could go a lot of ways, but Jones might slide in at RT from the get go and improve the Texans offensive line. At this point Watson would probably like any sign of help he can find. 

Cleveland Browns: Ezra Cleveland, Boise State

The Browns have been linked to Cleveland (heh) for awhile. This seems like an appropriate place for it to happen. 

Jacksonville Jaguars: Grant Delpit, LSU

I’m not 100% sure why, but Delpit just seems like the kind of guy Jacksonville would value. Big program kid with a lot of upside. He had a downturn in production this past year, but with some extra attention from his coaching staff he could evolve in the NFL. 

Chicago Bears: Antoine Winfield, Jr., Minnesota

I think the Bears would love Delpit, but he goes the pick before. Their consolation prize is likely better overall safety than the guy who went at 42. Winfield isn’t huge, but he bites hard and will bring a whole lot of attitude and authority to the Bears D. 

Indianapolis Colts: Cole Kmet, Notre Dame

The Colts need a tight end presence for Phillip Rivers, who has made a career out of benefitting from excellent tight end safety valves for his check downs and his strategic use of downfield tight end seams. Kmet has the ability to get down field and get open as well as being a relatively decent blocker. Could use some polish in the route running and blocking department, but he has upside. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU

Steal of the draft to this point. CEH is one of the smartest backs in the league and if the Bucs want to protect Tom Brady drafting an all-around back like CEH is a no brainer. Clyde is very smart with his blitz package pickups, but he’s also an excellent safety valve for Brady if he gets in trouble and is very good at creating yards with his footwork and anticipation. He compares very favorably to a Mark Ingram fit and a perfect back for Tom Brady and Bruce Arians’.

Denver Broncos: Isaiah Wilson, Georgia

Having gone with a corner in the first round, the Broncos still have a need at tackle. Isaiah Wilson, the Bulldogs’ RT is as steady as they come. He’s boring to watch play. He doesn’t wow you with his athleticism or strength, but he finds himself in a lot of good positions to block the defenders and give his team the chance to make a play.

Atlanta Falcons: Adam Trautman, Dayton

Kind of an off the radar pick for Atlanta here, but having let go of Hooper, they look for a similar kind of player in the draft and Trautman falls to their laps at 47. 

New York Jets: Lucas Niang, TCU

The Jets went receiver in the first round, so they had to turn around and find a tackle. Niang is one of the more unheralded prospects in this draft, but he is a capable left tackle that has some injury issues that seem to be one of the few red flags on him. The Jets get a good tackle while still snagging their top receiver in the first.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma

Huh. Jalen Hurts… To Pittsburgh? The Steelers have had a surprising mobile QB for years, and now they find themselves in the waning stages of his career. Hurts adds an element to the offense. He is well studied, smart, oozing with charisma and likeable. All things that are almost opposite of their current guy. Unfortunately, another thing opposite is his downfield accuracy, where he will need to improve. Still, I think they may take a flyer based on his upside. 

Chicago Bears: Marlon Davidson, Auburn

3-tech or 5-tech, Davidson can play it. It’s almost a no brainer for the Bears to draft to pair him with Hicks and the rest of their front. 

Dallas Cowboys: AJ Terrell, Clemson

Cowboys go corner here to complete their secondary revamp. Terrell struggled in the National Championship game, but his speed and playmaking ability were on display throughout the season otherwise. His draft stock very likely took a tumble from the debacle in the Title game, but it shouldn’t fall too far. 

Los Angeles Rams: Curtis Weaver, Boise State

Fowler is gone. Matthews was cut. Weaver is an underrated pass rush prospect that can do a little bit of everything and holds up well against the run. If he can be similar to a Chris Long style of player this pick will pay dividends for the Rams. 

Philadelphia Eagles: Malik Harrison, Ohio State

Harrison is a guy that can stack up inside and tremendously help the Eagles inside. This is a major position of need and Harrison is dabbling in the BPA tier here. The pick makes sense from a logistic perspective, though I could see them opting for an interior OL or a tackle if one of the ones previously taken in this mock falls. 

Buffalo Bills: Jonathan Greenard, Florida

This was a tough one. The Bills have been linked, sometimes emphatically, with Kyle Dugger. But the Bills are going to need a pass rush. They have two safeties they like at the moment and have revamped their linebacker corps. which could see their top backer, Edmunds, move to an outside backer role. Dugger would be a good selection here as well, but the Bills need to be more productive from a pass rush point of view. Dugger, Greenard or Raekwon Davis are the obvious choices here. 

Baltimore Ravens: Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

Admittedly, I’ve seen this mocked before, but I think it was a brilliant mock choice. The Ravens need a new right guard and I’m pretty sure Biadasz can make that transition. He can also play center, which gives them wiggle room down the road with him. This guy is a run mauler as a specialty with adequate pass blocking ability. That allows the Ravens to do what they do best… Run the ball. 

Miami Dolphins: Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne

While many have Chinn rated higher, including myself, Dugger is more of a versatile player in the sense he can line up as a WILL or a safety. That bit of versatility is a boon to a Dolphin defense that is going to be infusing a lot of new talent. Chinn is likely the better safety prospect when all is said and done, and definitely more tested than Dugger, Dugger’s upside at this pick for the Dolphins in particular is tough to pass.

Houston Texans: Jabari Zuniga, Florida

will be a good addition to a pass rush that needs some help with Watt scaling down and spending more time injured as of late. Zuniga has some injury concerns himself, but when he’s on the field he’s a potential nightmare for opposing teams. 

Minnesota Vikings: Cameron Dantzler, Miss. St.

The Vikings corners needed a complete remodeling, and they get it here with Fulton in the first and Dantzler in the second. Dantzler is a significantly underrated prospect due to a poor showing at the combine, but his sample size on tape speaks for itself: He went up against some of the best pass catchers in the nation and held them relatively in check. Dantzler may wind up being one of the best corners out of this draft. 

Seattle Seahawks: Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M

Seattle could use an interior presence, and the Mad dog could be just what the Doctor ordered. Has an incredible first step and top notch change of direction skills. He’s not the most technical defensive tackle available but he adds an explosive presence to the Hawks defensive unit. 

Baltimore Ravens: Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

The Ravens like their physically imposing safeties. Chinn isn’t Ed Reed on that front, not even close. But he’s a good tackler that can lay some wood. Most importantly, he can range all over the field from the safety spots. He can play free or strong and is a Ravens kind of player all the way. 

Tennessee Titans: Raekwon Davis, Alabama

As the draft wears on and Davis falls further, this is a value selection for the Titans. 

Green Bay Packers: Akeem Davis-Gaither, App. State

I think Gaither goes to the Packers here. Having lost some of their linebacker talent  this past offseason, they’ll want to replace some of it with a fresh infusion. Adding ADG’s skillset to the Packers will create another pass rush threat for them to attack offensive fronts with and can only help the Smith’s production as another player to be accounted for. 

Kansas City Chiefs: Anfernee Jennings, Alabama

Linebacker/pass rusher/whatever you want to call him. The Chiefs could benefit from yet another pass rush option and Jennings falls into their lap at pick 63. The rich get richer. 

Seattle Seahawks: Solomon Kindley, Georgia

Off the radar pick here, but an interior OL wouldn’t be a poor choice for the Seahawks. Protecting Wilson has to be more and more of a priority as he ages and as a team you don’t want that massive investment taking more hits as he gets more brittle. 

Round 3:

65.Cincinnati Bengals: Gabriel Davis, UCF

66.Washington Redskins: Michael Pittman, USC

67.Detroit Lions: Jonah Jackson, Ohio State

68.New York Jets:  Bryce Hall, Virginia

69.Carolina Panthers:Jaylon Johnson, Utah 

70.Miami Dolphins: Matt Hennessy, Temple

71.New York Giants: Laviska Shenault, Colorado

72.Arizona Cardinals:Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State

73.Jacksonville Jaguars:Robert Hunt, UL-La

74.Cleveland Browns: Jordan Elliot, Mizzou

75.Indianapolis Colts: Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

76.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU

77.Denver Broncos: Albert Okwuegbunam, Mizzou

78.Atlanta Falcons: Jordan Love, Utah State

79.New York Jets: Cam Clark, Charlotte

80.Las Vegas Raiders: Darrell Taylor, Tennessee

81.Las Vegas Raiders: Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn

82.Dallas Cowboys: Davon Hamilton, Ohio State

83.New York Jets: Josh Uche, Michigan

84.Los Angeles Chargers: Shane Lemiuex, Oregon

85.Philadelphia Eagles: Ashtyn Davis, Cal

86.Buffalo Bills: Damien Lewis, LSU

87.New England Patriots: Jake Fromm, Georgia

88.New Orleans Saints: Bradlee Anae, Utah

89.Minnesota Vikings: Tyler Johnson, Minnesota

90.Cleveland Browns: Logan Wilson, Wyoming

91.Las Vegas Raiders: Cam Akers, Florida State

92.Baltimore Ravens: Nick Harris, Washington

93.Tennessee Titans: Antonio Gibson, Memphis 

94.Green Bay Packers: Devin Duvernay, Texas

95.Denver Broncos: KJ Hamler, Penn State

96.Kansas City Chiefs: Kevin Dotson, UL-La

97.Philadelphia Eagles: Zack Moss, Utah

98.New England Patriots: Anthony McFarland, Maryland

99.Baltimore Ravens: Shaquille Quarterman, Miami

100.New England Patriots: Brycen Hopkins, Purdue

101.New York Giants: Cam Gill, Wagner

102.Pittsburgh Steelers: AJ Dillon, Boston College

103.Philadelphia Eagles: Ben Bredeson, Michigan

104.Los Angeles Rams: Matt Peart, UConn

105.Minnesota Vikings: Harrison Bryant, FAU

106.Baltimore Ravens: Jeff Gladney, TCU

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me.

To be honest, if it wasn't for Chase I'd be selecting Brown number 2 overall.

I think I'm the highest on Brown around these parts. I think he challenges for best player in the draft. And if Young wasn't as charismatic as he is on top of his skills and he declared next year, Brown would likely be the top prospect in this year's class. Brown is an absolute game changer inside. In a position that I, personally, think is more important to have a stud in than EDGE.

But Young is there. :ols:

26 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

MY GOD what a thing to say about Becton. 

I wouldn't be too caught off guard by that. Becton is an extremely high upside, extremely low floor kind of player. His upside warrants a first round selection because its all-pro levels. When he is balanced and confident in his assignment he absolutely steam rolls guys. It's like a video game watching him. The problem is that he's raw and he could eat himself out of the league. 

8 minutes ago, Long Time Fan said:

I agree that Miami, and possibly another team, are trying to get Tua without giving up the farm.  I think that may be why there have been reports for over a week that teams have been trying to trade up to 3 with Detroit.  That will be the cheapest way to lock down the QB you want.  Move to 3 first and it won't cost you much to get up to 2 - as long as we are confident you are moving up for a QB.  We may be fielding offers but in my opinion the number 3 pick (with assurance that you are drafting Chase Young) plus an extra Day 2 pick puts an end to all discussions and gets a deal done.  

Agree. I don't necessarily see the double trade going down like that... But I do think this is a good scenario for the Skins. And honestly, to drop from 2 to 3 I'd be more than okay with the entire "extra" price being a 2nd rounder as long as its guaranteed they aren't taking Young.

But the "trading up for a tackle" narrative for the Dolphins actually makes more sense than people are letting on. I'm willing to bet that they are trying to get a deal done using their later two first rounders and perhaps even a first next year and their second. Some combo of those selections, or, if they are sold enough, all of them. They take an OT at 3 (or 2 if they pull off the scenario LTF posted about above, which is unlikely but a fun dream) and then Tua or Herbert at 5 and they'll be damn happy. 

29 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Schwartz was a HS teammate and best friends with Duke Manyweather who's been training Becton.  Duke's been doing the radio rounds saying the same thing.  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've not been a Shenault guy.  I know some here like him.  I'd love to be sold?  Any takers?  😀  If I recall @volsmet said he heard Turner likes Shenault.  @volsmet has sold me on players before.  So sell me on this one?  Not that I dislike Shenault but I have a hard time loving him.

I can’t evaluate WRs & I can’t get his All-22 right now so I’m not going to see more than what’s on YouTube. I don’t have much of an opinion on LS. We had a lot of contact with Memphis & in those conversations we discussed Shenault with Mike MacIntyre who coached at Colorado in 2018. 🤷🏻‍♂️ From what I gather, we like the Memphis prospects & Shenault ... while talking Buffs, Arlington Hambright could be a camp invite, though I don’t believe he was there with MacIntyre, I believe we’re a team that showed interest in getting some work out stuff from him. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When I watched Shenault, granted it was months ago, my overriding impression was he was raw as a route runner and for a dude who is supposedly this monster athlete he didn't strike me being that quick twitch.  

I recall comparing him to Parris Campbell.  A YAC guy who was more Pierre Garcon with the ball in his hands than Parris Campbell stylistically.   You throw him a hitch-screen and let him bull doze over a defender or two like a power RB.  

For me there were other guys that I got much more excited about as for pure receiver types.  I don't hate Shenault.  I can see it.  But I'd hope his speed is better than what he showed at the combine and his injury issues are put to rest. 

I feel you and I see him as a 2nd-5th Round selection depending on the medicals. He is raw as a route runner and will need plenty of time to be more than a situational weapon, but he might also improve without having to be the do it all player he was in Colorado. Most of the WR/RB hybrid types are raw, but of that group, he and Duvernay can best win in some of the ways Deebo Samuels did (Bryan Edwards can as well to some degree). I used to think Shenault was slower than he really is, and made the same mistake with Justin Jefferson, but after watching more I realized that both of them are economical with their speed and had slightly higher top ends than what I originally thought until after watching their 2018 tape. JJ is faster of course, but they both keep a little back in reserve, that can be hard to catch at times.

But again, all of that goes out the window if he can't brace, torque, and plow through resistance like he used to. 

14 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We’ll be picking Shenault if we get chance day 2. I’m banking on that.

I'd understand the pick, but I'd have some serious concerns about his medicals and chance of re-injury.

58 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I love his core strength and contact balance the most among the WR/RB/Hybrid group (check 3:34 in the vid below) but I worry about how his skills that rely on that strength are now after those core muscle injuries. His breaks used to be much more sudden than what was shown in that latest video he did last week or whatever and he could torque himself much more violently.

His balance and power are awesome.  He runs with ideal lean and he's got good vision and that special chain-mover quality you want in a ball-carrier.  He truly is a power running back playing as a slot receiver and an H-Back.  I feel like he almost needs to be compared to guys like Dalton Keene and Jacob Breeland and even Clyde Edwards Helaire instead of the traditional receivers of the class.  Bowden and Gibson are natural comps as well, but I think Bowden in particular has a clear future as a slot receiver to fall back on if he's not used in the running game at the next level.  Laviska is going to have to go to an offense that's willing to use him as an H-Back.

In the context of Breeland and Keene, Laviska is a far better prospect.  A completely different class of playmaker than them.  So that's the way I would sell him.  Perhaps not first or even second round caliber, but a weapon of high potential value in the third.  Imagine a field where he is lined up at H-Back, Sims is in the slot, Guice is in the backfield, and McLaurin and Harmon are outside the numbers.  That is a lot of really good weapons for Haskins plus he can readily check it to two different kind of runs.

I don't think drafting Laviska in the third round precludes drafting either a receiver or a running back at some other point in the draft.  He's a different kind of weapon from that.  He's basically what you would pick and use instead of a more traditional move tight end, but with the versatility to flex out to the slot if you want him to share the field with one.  So you could pick Laviska at 66, and then come back for someone like Isaiah Hodgins in the 5th and build a panoply of weapons.

But I do think we need to get more athletic on the offensive line if we're going to effectively use a weapon like Shenault.  We need move blockers, not a big tall plodder at LT.  Brandon Scherff is an ideal player at RG for such a style of play, but I'm not sure about the rest of the guys.

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If I am trading with Miami and getting 1, 18, 39 ... I am working to trade #18 back up into the 1st to draft a WR1.

Give me an OT at 5 (Andrew Thomas my choice) and a WR at 10 (Jeudy) ... trade a pair of 3's to move up from 18 (ironically, maybe give Browns back their 3's to move from 18 to 10). I don't feel great about getting "elite" at 18 ... but I feel good about getting back up to the top 10-12 and landing a second premier offensive piece.

In that scenario, I’d be pretty happy to stay at 18 land Josh Jones or one of the linebackers/safeties - Murray or Queen/McKinney.  Or perhaps a corner or pass rusher like Matur-Gross or Epenesa.  🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

It's his body.  He's a legit freak of nature.  7'12 and 365 pounds running a 1.77 10 yard split and a 5.1 40 is a staggering size/speed combo.  He could realize all of that incredible potential and become the next Jonathan Ogden.  Or he could struggle with his weight and development and be out of the league by year three.  He is the biggest boom/bust prospect in the class.

Great stuff SIP! (I mean KDawg)! I hate the thought of Jefferson to Philly. I am higher on him than most on this board. The guy is a serious weapon. And yes he played the majority of his college snaps in the slot. But he has everything you are looking for in an outside WR. Great pick for them if they do it.

@KDawg Sorry about that KDawg. I gave SIP credit for that beautiful write up. :)

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

In that scenario, I’d be pretty happy to stay at 18 land Josh Jones or one of the linebackers/safeties - Murray or Queen/McKinney.  Or perhaps a corner or pass rusher like Matur-Gross or Epenesa.  🤷‍♂️

I did run a TDN mock on this scenario and here's what I got:

TW for Browns pair of 3's

Traded 1.2 to Miami for 5, 18, 39 and a 2021 1st

Traded 1.18, and both 3's from Cleveland BACK to Cleveland for #10

1.5: Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia

1.10: Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama

2.39: AJ Epenesa, Edge Iowa

3.66: Adam Trautman, TE Dayton

4.2: Damien Lewis, OG LSU

We will stay at #2. But I would hope that via the TW trade and any trade-down from #2, that we would be able to pick 2 elite players. I am not convinced someone elite falls to 18. Very good, sure, but not elite. Don't squander your resources. As you can see from my example above, you would still keep picks in 2/3/4/4 but leverage 2 and TW to basically get #5, #10, #39 and a 2021 1st.

And You could go Isaiah Simmons at #5 and Tristan Wirfs at #10 and get a WR at #39 if you so choose. I just liked the idea of going OT+WR given that, aside from Edge and QB, those are two huge positions of value. LB not so much.

11 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Me too.  Okudah or Simmons at five, Jones at 18, and then a receiver at 39.  That's a good haul, especially if we could wrench a 2021 first from Miami too.  Three firsts and a second is the RGIII haul.  That's what would get me to say yes to trading out of Chase Young.

26 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But I do think we need to get more athletic on the offensive line if we're going to effectively use a weapon like Shenault.  We need move blockers, not a big tall plodder at LT.  Brandon Scherff is an ideal player at RG for such a style of play, but I'm not sure about the rest of the guys.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Round 3:

65.Cincinnati Bengals: Gabriel Davis, UCF

66.Washington Redskins: Michael Pittman, USC

67.Detroit Lions: Jonah Jackson, Ohio State

68.New York Jets:  Bryce Hall, Virginia

69.Carolina Panthers:Jaylon Johnson, Utah 

70.Miami Dolphins: Matt Hennessy, Temple

71.New York Giants: Laviska Shenault, Colorado

72.Arizona Cardinals:Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State

73.Jacksonville Jaguars:Robert Hunt, UL-La

74.Cleveland Browns: Jordan Elliot, Mizzou

75.Indianapolis Colts: Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

76.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU

77.Denver Broncos: Albert Okwuegbunam, Mizzou

78.Atlanta Falcons: Jordan Love, Utah State

79.New York Jets: Cam Clark, Charlotte

80.Las Vegas Raiders: Darrell Taylor, Tennessee

81.Las Vegas Raiders: Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn

82.Dallas Cowboys: Davon Hamilton, Ohio State

83.New York Jets: Josh Uche, Michigan

84.Los Angeles Chargers: Shane Lemiuex, Oregon

85.Philadelphia Eagles: Ashtyn Davis, Cal

86.Buffalo Bills: Damien Lewis, LSU

87.New England Patriots: Jake Fromm, Georgia

88.New Orleans Saints: Bradlee Anae, Utah

89.Minnesota Vikings: Tyler Johnson, Minnesota

90.Cleveland Browns: Logan Wilson, Wyoming

91.Las Vegas Raiders: Cam Akers, Florida State

92.Baltimore Ravens: Nick Harris, Washington

93.Tennessee Titans: Antonio Gibson, Memphis 

94.Green Bay Packers: Devin Duvernay, Texas

95.Denver Broncos: KJ Hamler, Penn State

96.Kansas City Chiefs: Kevin Dotson, UL-La

97.Philadelphia Eagles: Zack Moss, Utah

98.New England Patriots: Anthony McFarland, Maryland

99.Baltimore Ravens: Shaquille Quarterman, Miami

100.New England Patriots: Brycen Hopkins, Purdue

101.New York Giants: Cam Gill, Wagner

102.Pittsburgh Steelers: AJ Dillon, Boston College

103.Philadelphia Eagles: Ben Bredeson, Michigan

104.Los Angeles Rams: Matt Peart, UConn

105.Minnesota Vikings: Harrison Bryant, FAU

106.Baltimore Ravens: Jeff Gladney, TCU

Great job KDawg! A lot of time and effort going through the rounds. 

With all that talent in the 3rd I wish we had 6 picks there!

I could see them trying to trade down a little at 66.

I am not big on Shenault. I would be pissed if he was the selection at 66

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we trade back from 3.2 if we find a partner.  Adding a mid round pick (perhaps a late rounder as well) would be big.

Depending how the board works out, I can see that.  None of the more talented WR's fell and available TE's don't have good value...then trade back 15 spots.

I would stay put if CEH is there

How many RB's do you want?  Peterson, Guice, Love are joined with the free agent additions of McKissic and Barber.  Law of diminishing returns here, adding a 3rd round RB to that group won't really improve the team in until maybe 2022.  If CEH does play well, by the time we get good usage out of him, half his rookie deal is up.

or one of tackles - Niang, Jackson.  Not sure about Isaiah Wilson.  We could really use an offensive weapon and tackle is our biggest weakness at the moment.  
Davis-Gaither might be the only (potentially available) LB I take over a trade down.  
Unless a receiver falls - Higgins, Mims, Pittman and maybe Raegor - I probably trade back over taking one there (even though I really like Van Jefferson, Johnson and Edwards).  
Dugger is likely the only safety I might stay put for simply because of the upside.  Guys like Davis, Burgess, Blackmon and Wallace are intriguing, but I take the additional pick(s) at that point.  

I would consider taking guys like Hunt, Kindley, Biadasz, Dotson, Hennessy over a trade.  
Seeing what corners will be available at that point is going to be really interesting.  

You've listed so many guys, at this point just trade back, a few of them will still be available.

On a separate note, I’m thinking adding a late round TE makes a lot of sense, regardless of whether we take one earlier.  Guys like Sullivan and Woerner, who were seemingly held back by scheme/circumstances, offer a lot of upside.  

Just saying, if the guy with great measurables and athleticism can't beat out the guy with the opposite of those characteristics, and that same guy whose short and unathletic's only season with any production is because Joe Burrow is there...then what does that say about Sullivan?  Drafting him or signing him as UDFA is nothing more than a guy who has to fight to make the team.  Don't take him and expect him to change the dynamic of the TE group.

27 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I did run a TDN mock on this scenario and here's what I got:

TW for Browns pair of 3's

Traded 1.2 to Miami for 5, 18, 39 and a 2021 1st

Traded 1.18, and both 3's from Cleveland BACK to Cleveland for #10

1.5: Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia

1.10: Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama

2.39: AJ Epenesa, Edge Iowa

3.66: Adam Trautman, TE Dayton

4.2: Damien Lewis, OG LSU

We will stay at #2. But I would hope that via the TW trade and any trade-down from #2, that we would be able to pick 2 elite players. I am not convinced someone elite falls to 18. Very good, sure, but not elite. Don't squander your resources. As you can see from my example above, you would still keep picks in 2/3/4/4 but leverage 2 and TW to basically get #5, #10, #39 and a 2021 1st.

And You could go Isaiah Simmons at #5 and Tristan Wirfs at #10 and get a WR at #39 if you so choose. I just liked the idea of going OT+WR given that, aside from Edge and QB, those are two huge positions of value. LB not so much.

Quite a haul and a game changer for the offense! I am with steve below, Epenesa as the only defensive player would be a little disappointing to me....He doesn't excite me much although at 39 he is a steal I guess.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Me too.  Okudah or Simmons at five, Jones at 18, and then a receiver at 39.  That's a good haul, especially if we could wrench a 2021 first from Miami too.  Three firsts and a second is the RGIII haul.  That's what would get me to say yes to trading out of Chase Young.

5 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That makes sense, I don't think it's a good draft for safeties at all.

I'd love to grab Davis or Winfield jr and there is a slew of great safety prospects. FS too, which is rare.

If Dugger or Chinn are there at 66 you have to take one. Who knows where Delpit goes. Include McKinney and there are 6 who could go before 50.

7 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Quite a haul and a game changer for the offense! I am with steve below, Epenesa as the only defensive player would be a little disappointing to me....He doesn't excite me much although at 39 he is a steal I guess.

I love me some Epenesa. He is an old school mauler. Not a speed rusher by any means. Kind of reminds me of Matt IO.

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That makes sense, I don't think it's a good draft for safeties at all.

It's not, however I think there's a big drop off after the top 5-6 safeties.  Too me that should push that group up.  

Archived