Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

MY TE's rankings.  

Late 2nd-mid 3rd

1.  Adam Trautman (I am big fan of his style, plays with an edge, good blocker, good hands, not really dynamic though or polished yet if he were he'd go higher in the draft)

2.  Cole Kmet  (beast in terms of his size, 260 +, I think he's inconsistent as a blocker but will develop and end up good on that front, can separate, good hands but not dynamic)

4th round

3.  Davin Asiasi (I am higher on him than most, good blocker, good size, good pass catcher, maybe the most well rounded with the highest floor among this group)

Late 4th-early 5th

4. Brycen Hopkins (am higher on him than most, my favorite TE in terms of posing a threat up the middle of the field, separates well, hands are inconsistent, willing but below average blocker) 

5. Harrison Bryant (I like him, similar strengths and weaknesses with Hopkins.  Can separate.  YAC.  Doesn't have the size IMO to be that much of a blocker) 

6.  Albert O  (I've changed my mind about him more than any other TE, boom-bust, great athlete but doesn't always play that way, decent blocker, lack of production, underachiever?)

7.  Hunter Bryant (most draft geeks have him rated higher, I like him as a pass catcher, separates, undersized, weak blocker, bombed the combine by ballooning up to 250 pounds)

Mid to late 5th round

8.  Josiah Deguara (he's one of my favorite later round players, reminds me a little of Cooley, decent at everything not great at anything, good blocker for his size, good combine)

9.  Colby Parkinson (solid, decent at everything but not great at anything, I can see him as a decent #2 TE with some teams but he's not a #1)

6th round

10.  Jacob Breeland (IMO he's a poor man's Hopkins, he has really good hands, Good YAC guy, don't like him as a blocker, but in the 6th round why not?)

11.  Thaddeus Moss (good blocker, good hands, but struggles to separate, slow, injury prone)

12.  Dalton Keene (sort of a poor's man Asiasi, good size, decent blocker, decent hands, but not a lot of production, but I like him more than most, I'd dig the pick)

13.   Jared Pickney (good blocker, decent hands, I liked him until he bombed the combine, can a TE be good running a 5.0?

7th round

14.  Stephen Sullivan (he's a good athlete for a dude his size, has a sick wingspan, ok blocker, little production, I'd like him here on potential.

15.  Charlie Woerner (Cooley's take on him, sold me some.  He might be the most fun blocker (blocks with attitude) to watch sans Trautman, tough to gauge as a pass catcher)

16.  Cheyenne O'Grady (he's a feisty player, YAC, I liked him when I watched him the first time, but character issues and weak combine makes me pause)  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"

Critiques:

Thomas will be gone by 14

Josh Jones won’t go in the top 20

Mims will go in 1

Reagor will go in 1
Diggs will go in 1

Terrell earlier 

Ruiz earlier

Blacklock will go in 1

Jackson will go in 1

Move 5 into round 1, need to move 5 out:

Ayiuk

Matos

Johnson
Epenesa

Mickiney

Jones May slide to OT7. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

MY TE's rankings.  

Late 2nd-mid 3rd

1.  Adam Trautman (I am big fan of his style, plays with an edge, good blocker, good hands, not really dynamic though or polished yet if he were he'd go higher in the draft)

2.  Cole Kmet  (beast in terms of his size, 260 +, I think he's inconsistent as a blocker but will develop and end up good on that front, can separate, good hands but not dynamic)

4th round

3.  Davin Asiasi (I am higher on him than most, good blocker, good size, good pass catcher, maybe the most well rounded with the highest floor among this group)

Late 4th-early 5th

4. Brycen Hopkins (am higher on him than most, my favorite TE in terms of posing a threat up the middle of the field, separates well, hands are inconsistent, willing but below average blocker) 

5. Hunter Bryant (I like him, similar strengths and weaknesses with Hopkins.  Can separate.  YAC.  Doesn't have the size IMO to be that much of a blocker) 

6.  Albert O  (I've changed my mind about him more than any other TE, boom-bust, great athlete but doesn't always play that way, decent blocker, lack of production, underachiever?)

7.  Hunter Bryant (most draft geeks have him rated higher, I like him as a pass catcher, separates, undersized, weak blocker, bombed the combine by ballooning up to 250 pounds)

Mid to late 5th round

8.  Josiah Deguara (he's one of my favorite later round players, reminds me a little of Cooley, decent at everything not great at anything, good blocker for his size, good combine)

9.  Colby Parkinson (solid, decent at everything but not great at anything, I can see him as a decent #2 TE with some teams but he's not a #1)

6th round

10.  Jacob Breeland (IMO he's a poor man's Hopkins, he has really good hands, Good YAC guy, don't like him as a blocker, but in the 6th round why not?)

11.  Thaddeus Moss (good blocker, good hands, but struggles to separate, slow, injury prone)

12.  Dalton Keene (sort of a poor's man Asiasi, good size, decent blocker, decent hands, but not a lot of production, but I like him more than most, I'd dig the pick)

13.   Jared Pickney (good blocker, decent hands, I liked him until he bombed the combine, can a TE be good running a 5.0?

7th round

14.  Stephen Sullivan (he's a good athlete for a dude his size, has a sick wingspan, ok blocker, little production, I'd like him here on potential.

15.  Charlie Woerner (Cooley's take on him, sold me some.  He might be the most fun blocker (blocks with attitude) to watch sans Trautman, tough to gauge as a pass catcher)

16.  Cheyenne O'Grady (he's a feisty player, YAC, I liked him when I watched him the first time, but character issues and weak combine makes me pause)  

I would flip TE5 with TE7.

Sip, need to have the TE from east Portland state A&I tech, he’s going to get drafted. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I find the media odd. Why are we higher on guys that the league is high on than them? And that list is like a who's who of ES man crushes except it's missing Niang and ADG. 

We were high on the Henny while he was being mocked in round 4. The ES needs to become a subscription site, we don’t need these GMs getting credit for our work. 

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I was hoping teams would not catch on to Isaiah Wilson. At worst he’s a mauling RT. 

Difficult creature to miss. 

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Does ES have a man crush on K’Levon Chaisson?

Enough of one that I’m hoping he’s gone before Dallas is on the clock. 

10 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I would flip TE5 with TE7.

Sip, need to have the TE from east Portland state A&I tech, he’s going to get drafted. 

LOL, good catch, Harrison and Hunter.

Yeah I just refuse to grade players I don't watch.  I am not saying my grades are on the money, its just my opinion.  So those are the guys I watched.  I did the same on receivers where I watched about 35 guys but didn't get to every late draft guy.   I haven't watched Taumopeau, yet.  or Wilcox or McKeon.  Whose the A & I tech guy?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LOL, good catch, Harrison and Hunter.

Yeah I just refuse to grade players I don't watch.  I am not saying my grades are on the money, its just my opinion.  So those are the guys I watched.  I did the same on receivers where I watched about 35 guys but didn't get to every late draft guy.   I haven't watched Taumopeau, yet.  or Wilcox or McKeon.  Whose the A & I tech guy?

I was referring to the school Taumopeau goes to as “east Portland state A&I tech“, home of the fighting Darrell Greens. 

What a wide variety:

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline passes along that there are a "wide variety of opinions" on USC T Austin Jackson.

"Some feel he’s a legitimate mid first-round prospect, while others tell me he’s second-round talent," Pauline writes of the 6-foot-5, 322-pound Jackson. The analyst, himself, is incredibly bullish on the athletic Trojans lineman, writing that he sees Jackson as a "spectacular" future pro at left tackle. ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported earlier this month that some teams believe that as many as six tackles could fly off the board on Day 1. Jackson would potentially be one name in that mix.

Apr 22, 2020, 1:50 PM ET
  •  

Go get Tua

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. tags the Las Vegas Raiders as a team which could surprise in taking a quarterback in Round 1.

"On the outside, they appear set with Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota, who was signed this offseason. But Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock can easily move on from them in 2021," Kiper writes, noting that the Raiders have the luxury of two first-round picks (Nos. 12 and 19), which affords them a little luxury to play around at signal-caller should they so choose. Kiper sees Utah State QB Jordan Love as the target, here, should Las Vegas opt to move in that direction. This is not the first time this evaluating season the prospect of a Love-Raiders hook-up has been floated. Bleacher Report's Matt Miller earlier this spring likewise pointed this out as a possibility. 

SOURCE: ESPN Plus
Apr 22, 2020, 12:53 PM ET
  •  

No way Pittman gets to 66

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports that one team has a top-15 grade on USC WR Michael Pittman.

While one team looks to be hot to trot on Pittman, Pauline believes that ultimately, the USC wideout will end up going in the second round. The evaluator loves him as an underrated prospect in this draft and is not alone on that front, with The Athletic's Bruce Feldman tagging the 6-foot-4, 223-pounder as the best wide receiver likely to be selected after Round 1. In a deep receiver class, Pittman makes for an intriguing value play outside of the big boys like CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Justin Jefferson.

Apr 22, 2020, 10:04 AM ET

44 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I was referring to the school Taumopeau goes to as “east Portland state A&I tech“, home of the fighting Darrell Greens. 

If I recall the Redskins looked at him, I'll try to check him out this week.  Purely on measurables he doesn't jump out at me.  I am not a big, 6"2, 240 pound TE guy unless they are really dynamic.  And Taumopeau ran a slow time at the combine.  But I'll try to watch him. 

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Redskins would be stupid to trade with Atlanta..More than likely every first round pick that Atlanta offered would be at least 15 or worst in the first round..

Yeah I've steadfastly been a stay at 2 guy.  Only way I'd entertain a trade is an RG3 type trade and only with Miami.  But i didn't think they'd offer something that crazy.

No way I'd trade with Atlanta and drop that far in the draft.  

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Redskins would be stupid to trade with Atlanta..More than likely every first round pick that Atlanta offered would be at least 15 or worst in the first round..

Its not just picks that are available. Players can be traded as well. Who knows who Atlanta offered up. We will never know unless the trade is accepted.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I've steadfastly been a stay at 2 guy.  Only way I'd entertain a trade is an RG3 type trade and only with Miami.  But i didn't think they'd offer something that crazy.

No way I'd trade with Atlanta and drop that far in the draft.  

Yeah i would only trade with a team that has a chance of picking in the top ten..You just can't pass up a talent like Young..that has been the Redskins  problem for i don't know how long.they had some many chances to pick elite talent only to trade the pick for quantity.

14 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Yeah i would only trade with a team that has a chance of picking in the top ten..You just can't pass up a talent like Young..that has been the Redskins  problem for i don't know how long.they had some many chances to pick elite talent only to trade the pick for quantity.

I am with you, I think I might have been the first one to actually say if we get an opportunity to take Chase I am not trading down.  I said it last fall.  So I am borderline a zealot on it.  But if a team offered me something outrageous, I'd listen.  so my position is the same as Rivera on this, Chase all the way, unless i get an insane offer that's impossible to turn down.  For me that would be still picking top 5 and having 3 first rounders and at least another 2nd rounder.  But I never thought a team would offer that. 

23 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Why? Have they gotten that much better this offseason? I doesn't look like it to me, unless we believe Gurley is going to become what he was 3 years ago. 

I expected them to contend the last two seasons, but they just didn't. And they seem to be spinning their wheels, acquisition-wise. They're not in great shape under the cap and trading a ton for Chase Young wouldn't make them a great team, imo.

Not that I can really see a trade that works. But I wouldn't rule them out because I'm convinced they're going to be really good going forward.

42 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Kind & gentle folks thought Atl was pursuing Henderson or Kinlaw, but they went all in for Young ... a week ago.

On 4/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, volsmet said:

Atl first in 2020, 2021 & 2022 for Chase Young?

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I recall the Redskins looked at him, I'll try to check him out this week.  Purely on measurables he doesn't jump out at me.  I am not a big, 6"2, 240 pound TE guy unless they are really dynamic.  And Taumopeau ran a slow time at the combine.  But I'll try to watch him. 

I’d like to see some ES thoughts on him, I’m not going to get to him in time. 

Archived