Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

41 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Aren't they doing a combined broadcast this year? I think it's the same

I hadn't heard that.  Wonder how they will work in the ESPN and the NFL analysts working for different networks.

If anyone saw that on the clock segment on good morning football, I’m glad that idiot isn’t our GM,  trading #2 to the Jags for 9 and 20 and that diva Yannick Nagouye. That would be a **** deal. Nagouye averages 9.5 sacks a year, his numbers are declining and he wants to get paid. Draft Chase and call it a round

8 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

If anyone saw that on the clock segment on good morning football, I’m glad that idiot isn’t our GM,  trading #2 to the Jags for 9 and 20 and that diva Yannick Nagouye. That would be a **** deal. Nagouye averages 9.5 sacks a year, his numbers are declining and he wants to get paid. Draft Chase and call it a round

.Yeah saw that.  Thankfully they aren't.  Also it's nice to see Kay Adams has some brains to go with those amazing looks cause she wasn't having any of that.

Without a 2nd, I wonder how much the “immediate impact” player RR talked about in regards to a 1st round pick carries over to the 3rd.  

To me, this lends itself to:

1) wr - Jefferson and Johnson are probably the most pro-ready in this range.  Shenault is my wildcard, if Turner really loves him

2) OT - Cleveland, Wilson (likely gone), possibly Niang, Jackson or Jones.  They could easily all be gone though.
3) TE - Kmet and Trautman.  I know TEs often take time, but it’s probably one of the easiest spots to crack in our lineup.  
4) corner - harder to have an impact here given our current group of corners, IMO.  Quite possible one they love slips, but with guys like Amik Robertson, Troy Pride, Reggie Robinson (along with Hand, both Jacksons, Bandy, Bassey, etc), I could see them waiting until round 4-5.  

Wildcard - IOL (RG), LB, S.  None of these spots are truly ‘settled’.  Not sure I like the chances that anybody likely to be available can beat out the competition.  

On a random note, a few late round guys I’d love to add:  Bryce Huff, Raequan Williams, Charlie Heck, Darius Anderson.  I think we double dip and add a speed demon receiver late.  

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Without a 2nd, I wonder how much the “immediate impact” player RR talked about in regards to a 1st round pick carries over to the 3rd.  

I'd guess a receiver or corner.  Before the draft tomorrow, I am going to try to rewatch Igbinhoghene.  I think I have a good handle on Arnette who could drop to the third.  I will also try to watch Reggie Robinson, Amik Robertson, Josiah Scott, Dantzler.  Somehow I think we will be talking about one of these guys in the next few days.   I think a corner cracks this lineup.  

WR, I think almost for sure if they take one of the guys that drops to the third they'd likely start at Z. 

As for TE, I actually like 14 of the 16 TE's i listed yesterday better than Sprinkle.  I'd presume 4th-6th round?

ESPN 2 is playing the 2005 draft i just flipped on.  Was on the clock with pick 9.  My first thought was trying to remember who it was as Antrell Rolle was just picked at 8.  My 2nd thought was I bet they cut to commercial before our pick...which of course they did.  Shocker.  As they cut Berman said maybe Carlos Rogers is up next and they cut to Aaron Rodgers waiting patiently at his desk.  Berman said "Will Washington pick Aaron Rodgers, or will Dallas or San Diego?".     Damn imagine if we picked Aaron over Carlos.  Is it too early to start drinking?  😱

Hopefully the draft goes great then Goodell accidentally gets trapped in that basement for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Is it too early to start drinking?  😱

No, but it’s 5pm here. Sat in the garden, weather great. Drinking beer.

wish me luck but I shall see this party through :ols:

16 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

ESPN 2 is playing the 2005 draft i just flipped on.  Was on the clock with pick 9.  My first thought was trying to remember who it was as Antrell Rolle was just picked at 8.  My 2nd thought was I bet they cut to commercial before our pick...which of course they did.  Shocker.  As they cut Berman said maybe Carlos Rogers is up next and they cut to Aaron Rodgers waiting patiently at his desk.  Berman said "Will Washington pick Aaron Rodgers, or will Dallas or San Diego?".     Damn imagine if we picked Aaron over Carlos.  Is it too early to start drinking?  😱

Rodgers was an excellent prospect but I'm not convinced he'd be the same Rodgers he is today if he hadn't gone to GB. Not only did he get to sit and learn from a HoF QB for 3 seasons, but he also had his game completely changed and refined by McCarthy. If you watch Rodgers play at Cal he was a completely different QB. He was very good but his mechanics were completely different and he was much more rigid in how he played. 

That doesn't mean he wouldn't still be a really good QB, but who knows if he'd be the sure-fire 1st ballot HoFer he is now?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.

Tua at pick 3 +400

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Makes me want a corner even more.  Reagor IMO would have a field day with Moreau.  I like Reagor more than most.  But I'd rather the Eagles get him than Ruggs. 

I'll take the outlier position and say Miami still takes Tua.

Reagor should go in 1. 

59 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Hopefully the draft goes great then Goodell accidentally gets trapped in that basement for quite some time.

No, but it’s 5pm here. Sat in the garden, weather great. Drinking beer.

wish me luck but I shall see this party through :ols:

Working till 9pm buddy, straight home, tea and settle down for the draft. 

HTTR 

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.

Bengals 50:1 to take Tua. 

Archived