Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Going back to the exercise others did a couple days ago on who I would like/not like at pick 66. I am including more higher-ranked player because inevitably, somebody is going to fall through the cracks. All it takes is one of these guys to fall, and I will bet right now at least one will.

Guys I would like at 66:

QB - None

RB - Taylor, CEH, Moss

TE – Kmet, Claypool

WR – Mims, Raegor, Shenault, Higgins

OT – Cleveland, Jones, Jackson, Niang

IOL – Ruiz

Edge – Uche

LB – Wilson, Brooks

CB – Diggs, Gladney, Arnette

S - Chinn, Winfield

That’s 22 players. Take for granted that the following will be long gone: Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Eason, Swift, Dobbins, Lamb, Jeudy, Tuggs, JJefferson, Young, Chaisson, Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Brown, Kinlaw, Blacklock, Okudah, Thomas, Becton, Wills, Wirfs, Simmons, Murray, Queen, Baun, Henderson, Fulton, McKinney and Delpit

That to me means its likely at least one of my above choices falls to 66.

Guys I would have concerns about and go to bed saying to myself, well, Kyle Smith is smarter than me about football players so I hope he is right, but I don’t see it:

RB - Akers, Dillon

WR - Hamler, Aiyuk, Hill, Pittman (I know many here like him but I don’t see it)

OL – Wilson, Steele, Wanogho, Biadasz

Edge - Lewis

CB- Terrell

S – Davis, Burgess

My guys:

Chase Young, EDGE

Jeremy Chinn, S

Kyle Dugger, S

Denzel Mims, WR

Michael Pittman, WR

Bryan Edwards, WR

KJ Hill, WR

Cesar Ruiz, C

Lloyd Cushenberry, C

Matt Hennessy, C

Frederick Mauigoa, C

Isaiah Wilson, OT

Harrison Hand, DB

Sewo Oluniloa, RB/HB

Cheyenne O’Grady, TE

find a way to get a combination of these guys and I’m happy

I like Zach Moss, haven't pushed him enough to call him one of my guys but if he's there in the late 4th or 5th, I'd be cool.  I had no idea he was related to Santana interesting.  That's the type of thing that seems to jazz our owner.  But i am presuming Rivera-Kyle in 100% in control of this draft. 

20 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I like moss, but think it would be a waste of draft capital. Have no idea what Love can do, Guice if healthy looks more than promising, and AP is immortal. Would much rather find a center that can replace roulier, than grab another rb. 

I agree. We have 5 capable RB on the roster right now and just looking at the waiver wire, there’s a ton of quality names still out there (Freeman, Chris Thompson, Hyde, Riddick etc), it doesn’t seem like a good idea unless someone drastically drops (like Dobbins to the 4th). I don’t agree with drafting another center. I’d rather look for a future RT replacement.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

It depends on who else has gone but I’d rather go for the best TE in the draft versus the 11th best receiver. Besides someone valuable at receiver will be there in the 4th

Gotta go BPA.  If the 11th best receiver in the class ends up being a Probowler and the best TE ends up being a fringe starter, then you've lost a ton of draft value.  Pittman is a significantly better prospect than Trautman IMO.

8 minutes ago, wolfsire said:

Just don’t screw it up, lol. Come away with Simmons if you move back.

Mooch just "boldly predicted" that some team will offer their entire draft to the Skins to move up to #2 and that the Skins will take the deal. Ha,ha....doubtful.

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

LB Shaquille Quarterman - Miami

I know he is one of your favs, If they do take Young in the first, I figure they will go offense with the next couple picks. 

I could see our coaches liking Quarterman if he still around in the late 4th or 5th. He is their type hard hitting style player in the middle.

Archived