Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Death, taxes, and Jacksonville drafting players from the state of Florida.  They desperately want to be associated with the popular in-state college programs.  I think they reached a little bit on Henderson last night, and that they'll probably regret passing on Jeudy and Lamb.  But Henderson's freshman and sophomore seasons were outstanding and justified top ten to fifteen range.  They've had a pretty bad calendar year of roster transactions.

Tampa Bay is making shocking strides though.  Can't believe they got Wirfs, what an ideal situation for everyone.  That offense is going to be ridiculous next season.  They're a legitimate Superbowl team now.  Damn.

If one of these players dropped to us at 66, I'd be shocked and thrilled: X. McKinney, J. Jones, T. Higgins, T. Diggs, A. Winfield, G. Delpit

A slightly better possibility of dropping to 66: M. Pittman, C. Claypool, L. Shenault, D. Mimms, E. Cleveland, K. Fulton, J. Johnson, B. Hall

Players I wouldn't be completely surprised to see available at 66: C. Kmet, A. Trautman, J. Chinn, K. Dugger, L. Niang, C. Dantzler

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

If one of these players dropped to us at 66, I'd be shocked and thrilled: X. McKinney, J. Jones, T. Higgins, T. Diggs, A. Winfield, G. Delpit

A slightly better possibility of dropping to 66: M. Pittman, C. Claypool, L. Shenault, D. Mimms, E. Cleveland, K. Fulton, J. Johnson, B. Hall

Players I wouldn't be completely surprised to see available at 66: C. Kmet, A. Trautman, J. Chinn, K. Dugger, L. Niang, C. Dantzler

I'd be very surprised if McKinney Higgins, Winfield, Cleveland, Diggs, Jones drop to the third.  I'd be mildly surprised if Chinn, Kmet drop. 

33 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I got us going TE with Kmet.  Trautman works for me also at #66.  They may elect for a TE later in the draft.  The run really begins on Saturday with the bulk of picks. I have read that the Skins are still trying to acquire Howard so we'll see how that shakes out. 

I know it was in relation to a Trent trade earlier this offseason...Idk how we pull Howard now that they don't need Trent anymore, given they drafted an OT. I guess if they will take whatever mid rounder we would have already used on a lesser TE prospect then that's fine, but I don't see them caving for a 4th or whatever.

I think we'll trade down if we can.  Here are some historical compensations from trading down from around the #66 pick:

2019:

#64 for #77 and #118

#70 for #94 and #99

2018:

#64 for #67+#178 (6th)

#65 for #75+#152(5th)+#212(6th)

2017:

#63 for #75+#149(5th)+#156(5th)

#70 for #79+#160(5th)

I go into the second day of the draft with an open mind.

I have no idea what information the Redskins have in front of them or what criteria they are using to make their selections.

I could have 20 players on my wish list. Heck, maybe 30. And the Redskins may not pick any of them.

So I don't get attached to any players. Or get attached to any position I want filled.

I just sit back and let the Redskins draft happen. :)

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

Hey Washington fans what did you guys think of our QB pick? 

Imo, another in a long list of mistakes GB has had building around an elite qb. Understand the look to the future, but it wasn’t necessary. Qbs on a rookie contract are gold, and it’s wasted when he will sit for atleast 2 years. 

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I read a couple of New England blogs and they predicted that the Patriots would trade down for the purpose of getting into Cole Kmet's draft range.  They didn't have a second and viewed him as a reach at their pick in the first.  They felt that tight end was the team's biggest need and they seemed to like Kmet the best of the bunch.  I think they'll draft Kmet with that pick.  It's a boom-bust proposition, but New England does offer a really nice situation for Kmet's development.

Well... that’s interesting. Makes sense. They could get Fromm later, too. Won’t be able to get Kmet too much later.

27 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Oh I’m not discounting Amik. I have him going to Tennessee at #61 in my 4-round mock. ( in fact, I had him as my wild card DB pick in the ES player rankings). I just wouldn’t take him over almost any of the safety prospects that could be there. 

Chinn

Dugger

Mckinney

Winfield

Davis

Delpit

To be fair, I said Amik is in range in the fourth. :)

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

More importantly, being a Packer fan, what did you think of it?

I love the pick. We could have another stud. We need WRs very bad though.

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Imo, another in a long list of mistakes GB has had building around an elite qb. Understand the look to the future, but it wasn’t necessary. Qbs on a rookie contract are gold, and it’s wasted when he will sit for atleast 2 years. 

You could be right. We need WRs bad. Rodgers has no weapons. You notice how you guys have Our number when we play. We have no weapons and that Skins D shuts us down.

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I know it was in relation to a Trent trade earlier this offseason...Idk how we pull Howard now that they don't need Trent anymore, given they drafted an OT. I guess if they will take whatever mid rounder we would have already used on a lesser TE prospect then that's fine, but I don't see them caving for a 4th or whatever.

They may not and just keep Howard on a cheap deal and let him walk next year.  Skins in a  good position to drop down in the 3rd and 4th round with #2 overall picks in each round and acquire more picks.  Wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

I love the pick. We could have another stud. We need WRs very bad though.

The Packers do need to look to the future, but Rodgers needed targets to throw to.

I don't think Rodgers will be upset they drafted what they hope is his heir apparent, but he probably will be unhappy that, so far, they haven't addressed one of their biggest needs.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@KDawg

I started to digest Logan Wilson some and like what I've seen so far.  Have you watched him or did anyone else here take a close look?  If so what's the general take?

He’s one of my top 3 inside backers. He does everything you want. Can play a little in nickel sets, too, but a very good 2-down guy. He’s ILB3 for me behind Murray and Queen.

Archived