Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We are for sure going to have a dilemma in the third. I said it for months.  And because it's really a no brainer because it happens every draft.  There is going to be some dude in that third we didn't expect to be there so  Kyle will have the decision to make to either take said player or trade down.

Rivera mentioned in an interview he's like to pick up another pick in the 3rd-4th round range.  If so either they trade Trent or they might trade down.  But I'd bet whatever player there would make it tough. 

You could argue we still need to find a starter at LT,WR,TE,CB. 

For me, whatever #pick, or position, I want someone who on first impression can step into the line up from day 1 and contribute.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I added my comments to all those players, nice job on your end compiling all of them. 

Yeah I was just listing players that are on the board. Including guys we shouldn’t have interest in.

I can’t choose just 5 like I did at the end of that post though.

I left out Diggs.

Man, if McKinney, Diggs, Jaylon, Dantzler all fell... holy cow. I love Dantzler man. I really want him to fall now. 

And then have them pass on him and infuriate me. :ols:

Depending on who’s there, a smallish tradeback for an additional 3 or 4 (which I don’t see happening) would be incredible. Then we can get basically 2 dudes on that list of players...

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

You could argue we still need to find a starter at LT,WR,TE,CB. 

For me, whatever #pick, or position, I want someone who on first impression can step into the line up from day 1 and contribute.

Kyle explained the process before (as i am sure all teams do).  You trade back if you have players with similar grades leading down to where you trade down to.

No doubt they need all of those positions and more. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Top 5 guys on the board I favor for 66 if they are there (some will not be, if not all of them):

Igboghenemanesfak (sp?) got drafted by the Dolphins at the end of the first last night.

You're right about the depth of quality remaining talent being higher than 33.  But if we want an early impact player at a specific position like corner or OT, we're going to have to trade up.  Fulton and Diggs and Josh Jones specifically are not going to make it to 66.  Not unless there is some pretty serious off-field concerns going on with them.

I don't think I'd trade up though, because I don't want to lose next year's second rounder.  I think I'd need a Trent trade to get me the extra ammo to move up.  Otherwise I think I'd just let the draft come to me and go BPA.

- I think Jaylon Johnson might fall to us in the fourth round.  His shoulder problems sound kind of damning and he's poised for a major tumble.

- Assuming Cleveland and Josh Jones get picked early in the second, I think Niang is the only potential remaining OT I feel comfortable drafting at 66.  No one else will even come close to being the BPA.  And I think that Niang will probably not be the BPA at 66 either.  I don't like our chances for getting an OT at 66.

- I think the BPA is almost certainly going to be a safety, a wide receiver, or a running back.

Delpit or McKinney being a possibility is tempting.  Safeties and linebackers and running backs tend to fall further than expected in the draft.  Still, my guess is that they'll go off the board quickly in the second as part of this group of leftover high end talent: Josh Jones, Diggs, Fulton, McKinney, Delpit, Epenesa, Higgins, Gross-Matos, Cleveland, Swift, Taylor, Mims, Pittman, Elliot, Winnfield, and Kmet.

I think our  BPAs will be a tougher decision to make between Tyler Johnson, Laviska Shenault. JK Dobbins, Jeremy Chinn, Kyle Dugger, Josh Uche, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Robert Hunt, Malik Harrison, and Lucas Niang.  And Okwara, Zuniga, and Greenard also bear mentioning as BPA candidates even though I don't think we'll double dip at edge rusher.

My pick would be Tyler Johnson, but I could be very happy with Hunt or Davis-Gaither too.  Uche is interesting.  Shenault would be interesting too.  Getting one of these five guys and then getting a combo of Jaylon Johnson, Kevin Dotson, Tyler Biadasz, Zack Moss, and Harrison Bryant in the fourth and fifth rounds would be an amazing draft.

I don't think Dobbins is a great fit for us, we've already seen him with diminished production playing next Haskins. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah I was just listing players that are on the board. Including guys we shouldn’t have interest in.

I can’t choose just 5 like I did at the end of that post though.

I left out Diggs.

Man, if McKinney, Diggs, Jaylon, Dantzler all fell... holy cow. I love Dantzler man. I really want him to fall now. 

And then have them pass on him and infuriate me. :ols:

I watched McKinney all game when I was at the Citrus Bowl.  Michigan's offense was so boring I had to do something to amuse myself.  The cool thing as you know about being at a game live is you can see more because you don't just rely on the camera and I can never find coaches film on college players.  I was very impressed with him.  He had good instincts, almost always around the ball.  He played FS like a corner, and I mean that as a complement.  He can help at slot, too. 

I haven't watched Dantzler closely, I'll try to do that today.  But his profile to me is perfect.  And if you love him, I'll trust that.  I have watched Diggs and I do like him.  I like Jaylon a lot.  all those guys are somewhat physical corners which I prefer. 

@Skinsinparadise I’m a physical secondary kind of guy. But sometimes a dude with just a ton of athleticism wows me and they are very difficult to pass on. Like Diggs. 

I’m with @stevemcqueen1 that Johnson in the fourth would be HUGE. Amik Robertson is In range in the fourth, too. But I don’t pass on Dantzler Or Diggs in the third if there. If they aren’t, go BPA elsewhere.

Davis-Gaither HAS to be a consideration at 66 if he’s on the board. Niang as well. I don’t think any other OTs are there that are worth 66. And with this kind of talent I’m not taking any of the tight ends. Asiasi in the fourth is looking like a good reality with one of those picks. 

Really depends on how things go in round 2. Tough to project because of the whole trade scenario stuff that could happen. But I’m excited for 66 right now.

Logan Wilson is a consideration in the fourth, too. But they may be able to snag Quarterman in the fifth.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

My best hope, and it's a fool's hope, would be Trent plus one of our fours for a second.

Trent for a second is fair compensation, but we don't seem to have much hope for fair compensation.  Trent plus a 4th isn't a fool's hope, it's us giving up a little bit of value in the exchange.  But it's close enough to fair to pull the trigger on.

At the end of the day, I think our best return is to trade Trent for 2021 pick(s).

Scout.com BPA

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

• 1333.png&h=80&scale=crop&w=80&location=origin S
    104198.png&h=128&w=128&scale=crop
    6'0"201 lbsAlabama
    1POS RK
    17OVR RK
    91GRADE
    play

Xavier McKinney's NFL draft profile

Xavier McKinney is a versatile defensive back who was a staple of Nick Saban's Alabama defense and is a top prospect in the 2020 NFL draft.

Pre-Draft Analysis

McKinney is the most talented safety in the 2020 class. His versatility, instincts and force as a tackler are what stand out most when you throw on his tape. He can play two-high, single-high, in-the-box and as the overhang (over the slot). McKinney diagnoses quickly, excels in off coverage and is a playmaker. He fills hard in the run game and is a big hitter for his size. -- Steve Muench

•  

Well, the fun begins starting today.  All of us pretty much guessed that Young was the pick at #2.  Now beginning today and especially tomorrow out draft wish lists or mock drafts will be put to the test.  Hoping the best for all in their picks and Kyle Smith knocks another draft out of the park!  :) 

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Amik is a slot guy. Don’t think we need to fill the slot that high in the draft. Better off addressing the free safety spot. 

Disagree. I think he can play inside and outside. And he’s physical and nasty. But I take Winfield, McKinney, Chinn over him all day. 

I got us going TE with Kmet.  Trautman works for me also at #66.  They may elect for a TE later in the draft.  The run really begins on Saturday with the bulk of picks. I have read that the Skins are still trying to acquire Howard so we'll see how that shakes out. 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m with @stevemcqueen1 that Johnson in the fourth would be HUGE. Amik Robertson is In range in the fourth, too. But I don’t pass on Dantzler Or Diggs in the third if there. If they aren’t, go BPA elsewhere.

Davis-Gaither HAS to be a consideration at 66 if he’s on the board. Niang as well. I don’t think any other OTs are there that are worth 66. And with this kind of talent I’m not taking any of the tight ends. Asiasi in the fourth is looking like a good reality with one of those picks. 

Diggs slipping to 66 seems really bizarre to me.  If he's there, you take him and don't look back, but I just don't understand what the talk of him dropping to the third is based on.  Dantzler is going be there at 66.  I think @volsmet is right that his 40 time is almost disqualifying for a cornerback.  He and AJ Green were the only draftable CBs that ran so slow, and Green is probably a seventh rounder.  I could see Dantzler falling to like the fifth round due to teams thinking he's stuck between corner and safety--not fast enough for a corner, but not thick and powerful enough for a safety.

I liked Dantzler's film, but my instinct is to hold off on corner until the fourth round to go after Amik or Javaris Davis, or hold off until later to get Essang Bassey or Lavert Hill.  I'd be more interested in drafting one of these safety/nickel hybrids like Burgess at 66, or Wallace in the fourth.

I like Davis-Gaither's value at 66.  He is a playmaking stud with superior instincts and I want to get a high upside guy with a history of superb production and alpha play at 66.  Davis-Gaither, Tyler Johnson, Laviska Shenault, and one of Chinn/Dugger seem to fit that bill the best among the guys who are most likely to still be available.  I'm leaning towards one of them.

Hoping for a run on D-linemen in the 2nd round, because at this point its our position of least need. Hoping this big group of highly rated remaining players goes, so other position groups provide the "BPA" at 66:

Gallimore
Epenesa
Okwara
YGM
Weaver
Blacklock
Davidson
Madubuike
Eliot
Lewis
Taylor

11 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I like ADG but if Baun falls, he would be hard to pass up too. So many good players could be available.

Baun is really good, but I think he's a 3-4 style rush linebacker and we're kind of flush in edge rush talent right now.  He's also an older prospect and he recently failed a drug test.  I think I'd prefer ADG over Baun for our situation.  Better chance of getting on the field for us.

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@Skinsinparadise I’m a physical secondary kind of guy. But sometimes a dude with just a ton of athleticism wows me and they are very difficult to pass on. Like Diggs. 

Really depends on how things go in round 2. Tough to project because of the whole trade scenario stuff that could happen. But I’m excited for 66 right now.

Logan Wilson is a consideration in the fourth, too. But they may be able to snag Quarterman in the fifth.

We got a lot of players in common.  Along with @stevemcqueen1 I think I've been Jaylon's biggest cheerleader here so I don't need selling on him, I agree.  Along with you I've been a big Davis-Gaither guy and have pushed him for months, so i am an easy sell on him, too.   Ditto Niang. 😀

As for Diggs not sure I get your point, are you saying he's not physical but you'd make an exception because of his athleticism?  If so, i got to rewatch him because i recall him being physical especially against the run.  He's relatively speaking one of the bigger corners.  Over 200 pounds unlike most other CBs in this draft.  Over 6 feet, long arms. He and Okudah have the widest wingspans among the draftable corners.  So I am all in on Diggs.

Like you, I've been pushing Asiasi, too.  Wonder if he lasts that long.  Doubling up on how some of the pre draft buzz is translating to reality then sounds like teams are higher on Asiasi than the typical draft geek. 

I haven't really dived into Logan Wilson.   I got to dive into Amik Robertson more, undersized and might be more suited to slot but clearly a ball hawk. 

The posts here have been so good. 

Ezra Cleveland

Josh Jones
Lloyd Cushenberry

Saahdiq Charles
Tyler Biadasz

Tee Higgins

Denzel Mims

Michael Pittman Jr

Devin Duvernay 

Bryan Edwards

Lynn Bowden Jr

Tyler Johnson

Laviska Shenault

AJ Epenesa

Grant Delpit

Trevon Diggs

Xavier McKinney

Jeremy Chinn

Jaylon Johnson

Antoine Winfield Jr

Christian Fulton

Troy Pride Jr

Cole Kmet

Adam Trautman

Albert O

Jonathan Taylor

Zach Moss

Kyle Dugger

Logan Wilson

Akeem Davis-Gaither

There is so much talent left on the board. Those are just at positions of interest. There is enough talent to carry us through the 4th. I wouldn't trade up unless I could get Diggs or Fulton. Especially Diggs. If he were in reach, I'm making that move. Dallas is now so good at WR and Philly is improved and the Giants at least should be able to protect. Loved Andrew Thomas there. I think he can battle Chase and win some and lose some. CB looks like a critical need. We need more than one, but we definitely need a CB1. I wouldn't reach for one though. Or for any position. BPA. Fill in needs when we are closer to being good. 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Fromm is going to New England at 37. Unless Belichick has some sort of devious evil genius plan. That’s the one spot I see Fromm flourishing. 

I read a couple of New England blogs and they predicted that the Patriots would trade down for the purpose of getting into Cole Kmet's draft range.  They didn't have a second and viewed him as a reach at their pick in the first.  They felt that tight end was the team's biggest need and they seemed to like Kmet the best of the bunch.  I think they'll draft Kmet with that pick.  It's a boom-bust proposition, but New England does offer a really nice situation for Kmet's development.

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Disagree. I think he can play inside and outside. And he’s physical and nasty. But I take Winfield, McKinney, Chinn over him all day. 

Oh I’m not discounting Amik. I have him going to Tennessee at #61 in my 4-round mock. ( in fact, I had him as my wild card DB pick in the ES player rankings). I just wouldn’t take him over almost any of the safety prospects that could be there. 

Chinn

Dugger

Mckinney

Winfield

Davis

Delpit

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

but New England does offer a really nice situation for Kmet's development.

Well, other than the fact that at the moment Stidham is their starting QB....but certainly from an organization and coaching standpoint, I get your point.

I really like Kmet and a few weeks ago I thought there was a shot he would still be there at 66. Now its pretty clear he won't be. Maybe Belichick will take Trautman.😁

Archived