Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Put this together after looking through best available players from a couple sites (ESPN, Sporting News - both had some very surprising rankings), and weighed in the ES braintrust a bit.  

FYI, the ‘maybe’ list obviously includes some guys that probably won’t be picked until much later - mostly included because 1) the aforementioned ‘surprising rankings’, and 2) you never know with teams vs how the draft community ranks their guys.  Let me know who I should add (tag me, friendly reminder - don’t quote long posts)

WR

Likely to go:  Pittman, Mims, Higgins

Maybe:  Shenault, Hamler, Van Jefferson, Hill, Edwards, Claypool, Duvernay, Johnson, Gandy-Golden, DPJ

DT

Likely:  Blacklock, Davidson, Gallimore, Elliot, R. Davis

Maybe: Lynch, Strowbridge

Edge

Likely:  Gross-Matos, Madabuike, T. Lewis

Maybe:  Epenesa, Uche, Weaver, Okwara, Zuniga, Anae, Robinson, Greenard, Taylor, Jennings

LB

Likely:

Maybe:  Baun, Davis-Gaither, Gay Jr, Wilson, Harrison, Dye

S

Likely:  McKinney, Delpit, Winfield, Chinn

Maybe:  Dugger, Gilman, Davis, Burgess, Wallace

Corner

Likely:  Diggs, Fulton

Maybe:  Johnson, Hall, Dantzler, Robertson, Pride, Holmes, Robinson

T

Likely:  Cleveland, Jones, Niang

Maybe:  Wanogho, Charles, Driscoll, Bartch, Peart, Adams

IOL

Likely:  Hennessy 

Maybe:  Cushenberry, Hunt, Kindley, Muti, Biadasz, Simpson, Jackson, Lewis

RB

Likely:  Swift, Taylor, Dobbins

Maybe:  Akers, Moss, Perine, Dillon, Vaughan

TE

Likely:  Kmet

Maybe:  Trautman, Harrison Bryant, Hunter Bryant, Albert O, Hopkins, Asiasi

QB

Likely:  Eason, Hurts, Fromm

Maybe:

30 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Anyone who turns Jake Fromm into an All-Pro is not of this planet.

Belichick is an alien. So that makes sense.

29 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Hurts to NE. 

I don’t think he makes it to NE’s next pick. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I wonder if our OC can convince our GM that he needs him some Shenault, I’d be very pleased with Shenault in 3. Not my favorite possibility, but a talent that could help DH & a below average OL. 

me too. But we might also look to trade for Curtis Samuel.

16 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I would have a difficult time passing on Kmet in round 3 if that's how it went down. At that point it's the best TE prospect vs maybe the 10th best OT prospect. We suck at drafting OL in the mid rounds and seem to be better at finding them later. I'm hoping for a project and a blue chipper at OT next year. 

If the best TE is on the same tier as the tenth tackle prospect, taking the best guy isn’t necessarily a no brainer. 

Just now, KDawg said:

If the best TE is on the same tier as the tenth tackle prospect, taking the best guy isn’t necessarily a no brainer. 

Yeah but I also take into consideration how highly people rate (and overrate) the OT position. I feel like besides QB, it's the next position where teams reach the most. 

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yeah but I also take into consideration how highly people rate (and overrate) the OT position. I feel like besides QB, it's the next position where teams reach the most. 

I think Jones/Cleveland and Kmet are around the same tier. Niang is probably a touch under.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Jones/Cleveland and Kmet are around the same tier. Niang is probably a touch under.

Don't know much about Niang but I agree on Jones and Cleveland being pretty similar. Id probably take them before Kmet due to protecting the QB always being a better option then giving him more weapons in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

LB

Likely:

Maybe:  Baun, Davis-Gaither, Gay Jr, Wilson, Hooker, Dye

S 

Likely:  McKinney, Delpit, Winfield, Chinn 

Maybe:  Dugger, Gilman, Davis, Burgess 

It's a list for day two picks right?  I would put K'Von Wallace into a maybe category over Alohi Gilman.  You also mean Harrison rather than Hooker.  Other than that, the list looks pretty good.

I had a weird thought about Gilman earlier when I was asking myself who is the random, unexpected name we'll draft this year that none of us have considered beforehand.  Alohi Gilman is the name that formed unbidden in my mind.

I do not think I would like that outcome on day two.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Belichick is an alien. So that makes sense.

I don’t think he makes it to NE’s next pick. 

50A13E1E-5F29-444A-B2A8-0E2473BEA33C.thumb.jpeg.b050c0c61783ecca41821365f3ca457e.jpeg

E4E6B4AD-AB76-4AC2-8AD3-966A4A26630B.gif

18 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

A "happier sad"...at the end of the day isn't that what being a Skins fans is all about these days?

F9BCF284-A193-401F-8D9B-0FCF5906641B.gif

@stevemcqueen1 Good catch re Harrison.  Added Wallace, but I’m also leaving Gilman because I’ve seen him mocked in the 2nd (can’t recall where), even though I think that’s highly unlikely.  

It started as a list of guys that should or could be gone by 66, but sort of morphed into a day 2 list.  

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

@stevemcqueen1 Good catch re Harrison.  Added Wallace, but I’m also leaving Gilman because I’ve seen him mocked in the 2nd (can’t recall where), even though I think that’s highly unlikely.  

It started as a list of guys that should or could be gone by 66, but sort of morphed into a day 2 list.   

I'll say this about Gilman--who is now a lock to be drafted by us at 66--there is a highly entertaining, almost comic quality to the way he plays the game.  He reminds me of Tanner Muse in that respect.  If we draft them, we're going to occasionally get clowned.  But we're going to have fun.

Maybe this roster needs some silly people on it.  I fear we've got too many hard-assed Alabama types in the locker room right now.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Seeing Tanner Muse celebrate after a big play was one of college football's great spectacles this year. 

Lol I’m so jaded from our underperforming defense over the years where I see our db’s routinely act like they just broke up a pass on fourth down in the super bowl when we have a losing record, are losing the game and the qb simply overthrew his receiver that this alone turns me off from him. And it has nothing to do with him. So sad. 

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Someone is stealing Epenesa and Swift in the second round IMO. Love both of those guys. Would love to see Bryce Hall or Malik Harrison fall to our first 4th rounder. I think we probably go offense with our 3rd rounder. OL, WR or TE.

Bryce Hall CB

Micheal Pittman Jr. WR

K.J. Hamler WR

Cam Dantzler CB

Adam Trautman TE

Harrison Bryant TE

Lucas Niang OT

Albert Okwu TE

Ezra Cleveland OT

Saahdiq Charles OT

Thad Moss TE

K.J. Hill WR

Shaq Quarterman LB

These are a few names I would like to see in a Skins jersey (of course not possible for all lol) but I think all are within reach of 66th and beyond. #HAIL

Archived