2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

17 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Dugger 65:1 to be S1

Davis 55:1

Chinn 10:1

Trautman 6:1 to be TE1

🤔

Not telling you how to bet, but my gut says Kmet will probably be TE1.  He's such a New England-y pick.

Then again, so is Trautman...  He's got a little Gronk in him with all of those red zone jump ball touchdowns.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not telling you how to bet, but my gut says Kmet will probably be TE1.  He's such a New England-y pick.

Then again, so is Trautman...  He's got a little Gronk in him with all of those red zone jump ball touchdowns.

Yeah Kmet is the clear favorite, I just can’t lay that juice on him, the limits on props are too low to make anything worth following, when taking favorites, & I place Kmet as a -180/-200 to be TE1 & he’s at -333. 

Albert is the wild card. I think about a third of the league has Trautman at TE1, and +600 makes the price right on him. Still haven’t pulled the trigger, I appreciate the feedback, this thread has more value than the whole of Twitter this year.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Saints, Jets, Jags, Atl... I have wagers to place, help me out

4DB94FCE-5B3F-4B49-85E1-F154F78F9990.gif

27 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Haskins likes the idea...

While not a fan of that tweet, at all, I suspect some will take their frustration with it a bit far ... I’m thinking, people more likely to buy a police scanner than a book. 

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Yeah Kmet is the clear favorite, I just can’t lay that juice on him, the limits on props are too low to make anything worth following, when taking favorites, & I place Kmet as a -180/-200 to be TE1 & he’s at -333. 

Albert is the wild card. I think about a third of the league has Trautman at TE1, and +600 makes the price right on him. Still haven’t pulled the trigger, I appreciate the feedback, this thread has more value than the whole of Twitter this year.

I'd put money on Kmet, too.  But Trautman and Albert O are interesting in that if they hit the right team they could leapfrog Kmet because they are such specific flavors.  I've soured some personally the more I digested Albert O but i admit if you want the freak athlete with upside, he'd be the guy.  I love Trautman and I can see a team like NE or a run heavy team coveting him.  Trautman is my top TE by a hair over Kmet.  But the buzz seems to be Kmet is going first.  Cooley worships Kmet. 

If we are sitting at 66 with 

Chinn

Shenault

Pittman

Im going chinn, and taking Bryan Edwards later. We need a FS more than a stud 2nd wr. Let Collins help inside the box, and have Chinn/Dugger/Mckinney roam the field and ball hawk as our DL goes to work. 

I love what Sims brings to the table, and I could roll with Mclaurin/Sims/Hill/Harmon as a worst case scenario. 

Four current NFL draft picks in Clemson's secondary (Simmons, Terrell, Wallace, Muse), two of them first rounders.  Three NFL draft picks plus a fringe guy in Alabama's secondary (Surtain, McKinney, Diggs, Carter).  And LSU shredded them.

Four NFL draft picks in Ohio State's secondary (Arnette, Okudah, Fuller, Wade), two of them first rounders and Shaun Wade would have been a day two pick this year if he hadn't gone back.  Plus a couple of decent players in their front seven, and Clemson beat up on them pretty hard.

Five future or current NFL draft picks in LSU's secondary (Stingley, Fulton, Delpit, Stevens, Kary) plus first rounders at LB and DE, and Alabama shredded them.

Maybe it's because we might not have a 2020 college season, but I think we're going to look back at 2019 as a special year where we simultaneously had four of the most loaded teams in CFB history competing for the championship.  Alabama just had four guys drafted in the first half of the first round and they couldn't even make it to the CFB.  The accumulation of talent on these four teams was crazy.  Hopefully we get a broader level of competition in CFB, but it did lead to some incredibly competitive big game football last year.

10 minutes ago, volsmet said:

While not a fan of that tweet, at all, I suspect some will take their frustration with it a bit far ... I’m thinking, the kind of people who think Ronald Reagan was a great President. 

Let's leave the politics to the Tailgate. Even the older politics 🙂

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

If we are sitting at 66 with 

Chinn

Shenault

Pittman

Im going chinn, and taking Bryan Edwards later. We need a FS more than a stud 2nd wr. Let Collins help inside the box, and have Chinn/Dugger/Mckinney roam the field and ball hawk as our DL goes to work. 

I love what Sims brings to the table, and I could roll with Mclaurin/Sims/Hill/Harmon as a worst case scenario. 

I think it also depends who else is out there, especially at OL. For me anyways. We’ve learned from Sims and Harmon that skill players can be found later.

3rd round mock, Draft Network.  Going through it I found a player who would bother me more than Claypool if they picked him in the third -- People-Jones.   Another dude who IMO is an athlete but don't love as a receiver.  At least Claypool had some production

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/reid-s-2020-nfl-mock-draft--day-2

Bengals

Chase Claypool

WR, Notre Dame

Redskins

Lucas Niang

OT, TCU

Lions

K.J. Hamler

WR, Penn State

Jets

Curtis Weaver

EDGE, Boise State

Panthers

James Lynch

IDL, Baylor

Dolphins

Ashtyn Davis

S, California

Patriots

Cole Kmet

TE, Notre Dame

Cardinals

Prince Tega Wanogho

OT, Auburn

Jaguars

Jordan Elliott

IDL, Missouri

Browns

Willie Gay Jr.

LB, Mississippi State

Colts

Jonathan Greenard

EDGE, Florida

Buccaneers

Jacob Eason

QB, Washington

Broncos

Matthew Peart

OT, UConn

Falcons

Jabari Zuniga

EDGE, Florida

Jets

Troy Pride Jr.

CB, Notre Dame

Raiders

Kyle Dugger

S, Lenoir-Rhyne

Raiders

Jalen Hurts

QB, Oklahoma

Cowboys

Terrell Burgess

S, Utah

Broncos

Damien Lewis

IOL, LSU

Rams

Amik Robertson

CB, Louisiana Tech

Lions

Bradlee Anae

EDGE, Utah

Bills

Khalid Kareem

EDGE, Notre Dame

Patriots

Jake Fromm

QB, Georgia

Saints

Laviska Shenault Jr.

WR, Colorado

Vikings

Ben Bartch

OT, St. John

Texans

Davon Hamilton

IDL, Ohio State

Raiders

Leki Fotu

IDL, Utah

Ravens

Bryan Edwards

WR, South Carolina

Titans

Raekwon Davis

IDL, Alabama

Packers

Adam Trautman

TE, Dayton

Broncos

Malik Harrison

LB, Ohio State

Chiefs

Akeem Davis-Gaither

LB, Appalachian State

Browns

Lynn Bowden

WR, Kentucky

Patriots

Van Jefferson

WR, Florida

Giants

Logan Wilson

LB, Wyoming

Patriots

Antonio Gibson

RB, Memphis

Seahawks

Cam Akers

RB, Florida State

Steelers

John Simpson

IOL, Clemson

Eagles

Davion Taylor

LB, Colorado

Rams

Donovan Peoples-Jones

WR, Michigan

Vikings

Darnay Holmes

CB, UCLA

Ravens

Zack Moss

RB, Utah

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kmet is going to go to New England. It just makes so much sense. 

Then I bet they turn around and get Eason/Fromm and turn them into an all-pro at some point.

Anyone who turns Jake Fromm into an All-Pro is not of this planet.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If the Eagles finish up the first two days of the draft with Jalen Raegor and Davion Taylor, I will laugh with schadenfreude.  If the Giants finish up the first two days with Andrew Thomas, Xavier McKinney, and Logan Wilson, I will be threatened and annoyed.  If the Cowboys finish up with Ceedee Lamb, Trevon Diggs, and Terrell Burgess, I will feel sick.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If the Eagles finish up the first two days of the draft with Jalen Raegor and Davion Taylor, I will laugh with schadenfreude.  If the Giants finish up the first two days with Andrew Thomas, Xavier McKinney, and Logan Wilson, I will be threatened and annoyed.  If the Cowboys finish up with Ceedee Lamb, Trevon Diggs, and Terrell Burgess, I will feel sick.

My friend is going to need a mood stabilizer by the end of the evening. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Just looking at what is left on the board. I am glad we traded for Sweat last year. There is no one left that I would take over him in all honesty.

But there are several Vols on the board. 

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That would suck.  I think I've agreed with you more than anyone as for receivers in this draft. We got some of the same favorites with some nuance differences and both are critical of some of the same ones.   And I've been very close opinion wise to @KDawg on TE from what I recall.

If I recall my one major difference with @KDawg is he's higher on Albert O than I am.  With you I think it's just Reagor.  I see some of your criticism in that he doesn't always play tough, not a hot blocker, etc.  My difference is that I think when he's on he's electric.  And he can be tough, too.  He's a really hot and cold player IMO including his toughness.  But as a returner or a guy with the ball in his hands he's one of the more electric players.  He had crap QB play last year and maybe that made him come off disinterested at times.  But when he comes to life, IMO he's a stud.  He can play slot-Z.  And I think he's going to destroy Moreau if that's the dude trying to stop him on our team. 

I would have a difficult time passing on Kmet in round 3 if that's how it went down. At that point it's the best TE prospect vs maybe the 10th best OT prospect. We suck at drafting OL in the mid rounds and seem to be better at finding them later. I'm hoping for a project and a blue chipper at OT next year. 

Archived