Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

44 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Someone is stealing Epenesa and Swift in the second round IMO. Love both of those guys. Would love to see Bryce Hall or Malik Harrison fall to our first 4th rounder. I think we probably go offense with our 3rd rounder. OL, WR or TE.

I expect Swift or Taylor to both be gone by Miami's pick. Hall is gonna fall deep into the third simply because guys like Fulton and Johnson and Diggs are still there. At this point, a player in the secondary is gonna drop to us and it's gonna be a steal.

@volsmet  Purely based on remembered impressions, what little I watched of Davis reminded me of Juan Thornhill - a guy that didn’t wow me persay, but did everything well... a guy I’d trust to be solid (or better) and an interchangeable type.  Both got a 2nd rd grade from me.

17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'd be fine with trading down but not further than 6-8 picks back.

Out of curiosity, without knowing who will be available, why 6-8?

Alright ES folk - which pick, making the (poor) assumption they reach their potential, would excite you the most at 66?  Anyone not yet drafted is fair game.

For me, I think it’s Dugger.  Lots of other guys I want more, but his upside is maybe the closest we’ve seen to Sean Taylor in a good while.   

15 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Alright ES folk - which pick, making the (poor) assumption they reach their potential, would excite you the most at 66?  Anyone not yet drafted is fair game.

For me, I think it’s Dugger.  Lots of other guys I want more, but his upside is maybe the closest to Sean Taylor.  

I think it's important to nail the third round pick and picking within the first ten you're pretty much guaranteed someone that miraculously fell. I'd rather we have a list of targeted players at that spot when we're close to drafting and not having to drift far away from that list by risking too great of a drop. 

1 hour ago, #1skinsfanever said:

Bryce Hall CB

Micheal Pittman Jr. WR

K.J. Hamler WR

Cam Dantzler CB

Adam Trautman TE

Harrison Bryant TE

Lucas Niang OT

Albert Okwu TE

Ezra Cleveland OT

Saahdiq Charles OT

Thad Moss TE

K.J. Hill WR

Shaq Quarterman LB

These are a few names I would like to see in a Skins jersey (of course not possible for all lol) but I think all are within reach of 66th and beyond. #HAIL

I like the cut of your jib.

Except Hill. :ols:

30 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

For me, I think it’s Dugger.  Lots of other guys I want more, but his upside is maybe the closest we’ve seen to Sean Taylor in a good while.   

Winfield. 
McKinney.

Diggs.

Davis-Gaither. 

Just now, KDawg said:

His question wasn’t “who do you think is there at 66”. It was “anyone currently available”

Yeah, my reading comprehension ain't so good.

For me it's

Delpit

Winfield

Fulton

Shenault

Trautman

Robert Hunt

Lucas Niang

Exra Cleveland

46 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Josh Jones

Pittman

Mckinney

Delpit

Fulton

jaylon Johnson

Trevon diggs

chinn

12 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

If Niang makes it to the lower half of the 2nd round, I wouldn’t mind moving up to draft him. I could see him starting at right tackle sooner than later but in the short term he’d be our best swing tackle. 

I like Niang a lot but not trading up for him.  I really don't want to trade up period.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

From your likely gone - 

S - McKinney or Winfield, 

From your maybe there-

LB Davis-Gaither, Wilson,

WR Van Jefferson, Duvernay,

They could be serious at OL. One of these guys would put a smile on m face but do not expect them to be available

Cleveland , Hunt, Niang

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Niang a lot but not trading up for him.  I really don't want to trade up period.

Maybe I should clarify myself. If we only have to move up 5 or so spots to draft him. Maybe sacrificing no more than a 5th: I’m all for it. IMO, Niang in most any other year is a low-1st rounder. With that kind of quality within reach without giving up too much is a win-win. I’m all for trading down too as there are loads of mid-round gems as well. But OT is too big of a need at the moment. 

Should be fun watching tonight!

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

So many guys I like it hurts, I'd love to have another 3rd.  Duvernay is one of my favs, too.  I got a lot of man crushes in the 2nd-3rd round range.   

amazingly strong draft!

He would be a great addition. The Redskins need stronger offensive weapons and QB protectors. 

4 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Maybe I should clarify myself. If we only have to move up 5 or so spots to draft him. Maybe sacrificing no more than a 5th: I’m all for it. IMO, Niang in most any other year is a low-1st rounder. With that kind of quality within reach without giving up too much is a win-win. I’m all for trading down too as there are loads of mid-round gems as well. But OT is too big of a need at the moment. 

Should be fun watching tonight!

Should be fun.  And I get it, its a reasonable idea.  But if anything I might lean towards trading down a little and picking up a 4th and or 5th.  It totally depends on what players are available.   I strongly suspect we will be on this thread tomorrow morning saying wow we got some good players available today. 

So for example lets say 7 really good players are left of somewhat equal value then trade down 7 spots if you can.  If there is one clear cut stud better than everyone else, then stay at 66.  But I'd have a hard time going the other way and giving up a pick.  It wouldn't shock me if a good receiver or safety is available in the 5th. 

Archived