Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Tua: Miami

Yannick: Oakland

Trent: Cleveland 

I dont think there are a whole lot of people knocking Tua's ability. The problem is the dude is Glass Joe. All the talent in the world does you no good when you are standing on the sideline in a walking boot.

Tackle Colton McKivitz from West Virginia looks like he could be a later round gem. Big, mean, nasty mauler! Projection round 6.

Per nfl.com Strengths.

• Four-year starting tackle playing three years at right and one year at left
  • Bonafide dirt dog with chippy demeanor
  • Adequate range in space, running feet to sustain while moving
  • Gets feet into positioning before engaging
  • Combo blocks executed with timing
  • Upward, heavy hand strikes provide some leverage at point of attack
  • Upper body power and hand strength clinch and secure defenders
  • Finishes blocks with some edge and gets under opponents' skin
  • Generally poised and well-balanced pass sets
  • Ability to limit edge speed with quick-sets

I think that because Trent is going to get traded and reported return looks good. The idea of trading the 2nd goes of the board. If we grab 2 extra picks over 2 years. That's fine. No need to push it with having to monster drafts with picks. To many times we have seen that good players don't make the plays when you need to. 

54 minutes ago, redrobert said:

WR/TE Claypool would be great in the 3rd...

There's a million receivers in this draft where I know how and where they can potentially succeed at this level. I'd be disappointed with a tweener whose potential position flexibility isn't a mark of versatility but instead is a mark of uncertainty in his skill-set--maybe he's a big slot, maybe he's an outside WR, maybe he's a move TE who can work down the seam...but in any of those cases I just don't see a guy that lives up to the combine measurables that have gotten everyone excited about him. I don't see it in games and that worries me. There are a ton of WRs that I like in this draft that don't have those questions. Just seems like playing with fire and taking chances we don't need to, imo.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think there are a whole lot of people knocking Tua's ability. The problem is the dude is Glass Joe. All the talent in the world does you no good when you are standing on the sideline in a walking boot.

I'm with you. I see Tua and I just see the next Sam Bradford. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m so excited! Real sports stuff tmrw! I dunno if I’ll be able to sleep

It’s just before 8am and I’ve had a **** sleep as it is. All this draft hype and Trent speculation flares up and going to sleep takes secondary importance, thank God I’m ‘working’ from home at the minute :rofl89:

Go Skins anyway, let’s have a great few days.

I watched this to see Chase Young, but boy did McFarland look good. I thought maybe a good comp would be Chris Thompson, and then checked the stats. Very similar height/weight. I was expecting to see Thompson have a much better college career as a receiver, but Thompson didn't catch a ton of balls in college. Looks like that part of his game developed in the NFL. Late round pick?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-mcfarland?id=32194d43-4650-9831-455d-4f5daa13de76

http://www.nfl.com/player/christhompson/2540011/combine

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/anthony-mcfarland-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/chris-thompson-1.html

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

It’s just before 8am and I’ve had a **** sleep as it is. All this draft hype and Trent speculation flares up and going to sleep takes secondary importance, thank God I’m ‘working’ from home at the minute :rofl89:

Go Skins anyway, let’s have a great few days.

Same here - Rubbish sleep and we're in for a late one tonight.... but.... CHASE ****ING YOUNG!!!

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There's a million receivers in this draft where I know how and where they can potentially succeed at this level. I'd be disappointed with a tweener whose potential position flexibility isn't a mark of versatility but instead is a mark of uncertainty in his skill-set--maybe he's a big slot, maybe he's an outside WR, maybe he's a move TE who can work down the seam...but in any of those cases I just don't see a guy that lives up to the combine measurables that have gotten everyone excited about him. I don't see it in games and that worries me. There are a ton of WRs that I like in this draft that don't have those questions. Just seems like playing with fire and taking chances we don't need to, imo.

Yeah I am not a Claypool guy.  I really wanted to talk myself into it since he played a lot of Z and is such a big dude with a great combine.  But my #1 thing for a receiver is someone who can separate and Claypool IMO is "meh" when it comes to separating, he looks stiff, straight-lined type of speed.  

Conklin out, now. The info I bring my dearest if e-compadres. 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:34 PM, volsmet said:

Tennessee tried to trade us Conklin & Davis. 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, volsmet said:

I believe it was over the summer, they shopped Davis around and they had some sort of issues with Conklin. 

7 hours ago, volsmet said:

Best possible outcome:

Young

Chinn

Bartch

I love the first two.  I want to love Bartch but am having a hard time doing it but I am with that thought, I'd love a LT. 

As for LT fallers, I'd like S. Charles if they are satisfied with his character. I don't love Peart but he has the size-length for LT.  Bartch has short arms-small hands.  

As for WR-TE, in the 4th: Gibson (wouldn't shock me if he went earlier though), Bowden, Tyler Johnson, Asiasi at TE.  😀

I was just reading some player blurbs that include interviews with prospects on NFL.com and Jaylon Johnson mentioned that he'd been playing through a serious shoulder injury the past year and a half, that he got surgery on it after the season was over, and that he's had three surgeries on the shoulder already.

Um....

Well for one thing, it's commendable that he played so hurt and that he played well, but I had no idea about the injuries.  That kind of Alabama-like medical history is not a good look.  I think he's going to drop pretty far in the draft and people are going to be wondering what the Hell is going on with that, but not knowing about that shoulder... I think I would be hesitant to pick him at 66 and I absolutely loved his film this season.

I also thought Jonathan Taylor came off a little spacey in his blurb.  There wasn't any red flag, he just seems like a different kind of dude and that football isn't everything to him.  May not be as focused as some of the other guys, and has some definite Arian Foster in his personality, who he specifically mentioned as his favorite mentor.  I could see some teams giving him the side-eye, and maybe he'll fall when you factor in the low position value of running back.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love the first two.  I want to love Bartch but am having a hard time doing it but I am with that thought, I'd love a LT. 

As for LT fallers, I'd like S. Charles if they are satisfied with his character. I don't love Peart but he has the size-length for LT.  Bartch has short arms-small hands.  

As for WR-TE, in the 4th: Gibson (wouldn't shock me if he went earlier though), Asiasi at TE.  😀

Gibson is a great fit, as you’ve mentioned. The Bartch arms are a concern, but I’d never pass on a football player like him in the 4th. I love that youngster.

Peart I need to see more of Charles is supposed to be a lunatic. Your boy Wilson is one of the cooler guys in the OL class, I love that guy, as a biped.

Archived