Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

49 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's his body.  He's a legit freak of nature.  7'12 and 365 pounds running a 1.77 10 yard split and a 5.1 40 is a staggering size/speed combo.  He could realize all of that incredible potential and become the next Jonathan Ogden.  Or he could struggle with his weight and development and be out of the league by year three.  He is the biggest boom/bust prospect in the class.

The guy is 7ft 12 inches or 8ft tall?   :)

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd love to grab Davis or Winfield jr and there is a slew of great safety prospects. FS too, which is rare.

If Dugger or Chinn are there at 66 you have to take one. Who knows where Delpit goes. Include McKinney and there are 6 who could go before 50.

I agree!!! Would love to have one of the top 6. Some drafts only have one or two of these guys talent

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@volsmet I had a feeling that was likely the case ... offering up 18 and 26 ... maybe 39 to the Lions for 3? Pick at 3rd and 5th?

Thomas & Tua.

Something interesting I heard today was that we *were very interested in Tua & looking at the draft/fa for left guards wanting to keep BS on the right & developing a big body to play the left - also a possible player to groom to be our rg if we stuck with young DH. We have looked over some big boys at guard. 

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Thomas & Tua.

Something interesting I heard today was that we *were very interested in Tua & looking at the draft/fa for left guards wanting to keep BS on the right & developing a big body to play the left - also a possible player to groom to be our rg if we stuck with young DH. We have looked over some big boys at guard. 

Wut?

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I agree!!! Would love to have one of the top 6. Some drafts only have one or two of these guys talent

I would love an actual FS on our team. It's been forever.

14 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Thomas & Tua.

Me tomorrow night if they pick Tua.

dcd33b79_I9sR3CR.gif

Breer, saying NFL insiders told him underrated players and overrated, a bunch of the underrated are some of my favs.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 4.51.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 4.51.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 4.51.34 PM.png

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I can’t evaluate WRs & I can’t get his All-22 right now so I’m not going to see more than what’s on YouTube. I don’t have much of an opinion on LS. We had a lot of contact with Memphis 

Among others here, I am big Antonio Gibson guy.  It would make sense considering Carolina liked those hybrid type RB-WRs.  Shenault is of that ilk, too.   If they like players like that I'd presume Bowden might be in play and at RB CEH if he drops.

15 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Henny keeps moving on up

I find the media odd. Why are we higher on guys that the league is high on than them? And that list is like a who's who of ES man crushes except it's missing Niang and ADG. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd love to grab Davis or Winfield jr and there is a slew of great safety prospects. FS too, which is rare.

If Dugger or Chinn are there at 66 you have to take one. Who knows where Delpit goes. Include McKinney and there are 6 who could go before 50.

Devil's Advocate, if they're so great, why are they available in the 3rd round?  We can say it's a uniquely deep OT and WR class dropping everyone else, but it's also a uniquely thin Edge, LB, and TE class.

There are a lot of prospects that could be available at 66, that I'd rather have over Dugger or Chinn.  Speaking of Dugger, where would you have him play in our defense?  Weakside linebacker?  Ideally he'd be in the same role as Landon Collins...but Collins has a monster contract.

47 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Depending how the board works out, I can see that.  None of the more talented WR's fell and available TE's don't have good value...then trade back 15 spots.

How many RB's do you want?  Peterson, Guice, Love are joined with the free agent additions of McKissic and Barber.  Law of diminishing returns here, adding a 3rd round RB to that group won't really improve the team in until maybe 2022.  If CEH does play well, by the time we get good usage out of him, half his rookie deal is up.

I agree with the theory, but Edwards-Helaire would be unique for us and to our situation.  
Personally, I think CEH would immediately be in competition to be our best weapon out of the backfield, our best 3rd down back, and unlike Guice and Love, he doesn’t have availability concerns.  
Peterson may not make the team this year and almost certainly won’t be on the team next year.  Could care less about Barber and McKissick (no offense to them).  Couple that with Guice and Love’s health concerns, and I have trouble agreeing CEH doesn’t upgrade the team until his 3rd year.  It’s possible though.  Definitely a surprising take overall, IMO.  

You've listed so many guys, at this point just trade back, a few of them will still be available.

Well, the guys I listed are who I’d consider/take if they’re available at 66 (rather than trading down).  If they’re all available somehow?  Well sure, trading back makes a lot of sense.  

Just saying, if the guy with great measurables and athleticism can't beat out the guy with the opposite of those characteristics, and that same guy whose short and unathletic's only season with any production is because Joe Burrow is there...then what does that say about Sullivan?  Drafting him or signing him as UDFA is nothing more than a guy who has to fight to make the team.  Don't take him and expect him to change the dynamic of the TE group.

Personally, I don’t expect any 7th rounder/UDFA to change the dynamic of a position group.  Of course, that’s why I said I might consider a late rounder in addition to an earlier drafted TE - because I’d be looking at a guy to develop that has some plus traits.  Likely a PS candidate.  

As for your take on Sullivan specifically, that’s cool... to each their own.  I don’t know much about him.  I do like the idea of picking up guys with some good athleticism late in the draft because of the upside.  I wouldn’t just look at combine numbers to make such a pick though - I’d look at workouts, interviews, Senior Bowl stuff (believe Sullivan looked good there, for instance), etc.  

10 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Devil's Advocate, if they're so great, why are they available in the 3rd round?  We can say it's a uniquely deep OT and WR class dropping everyone else, but it's also a uniquely thin Edge, LB, and TE class.

There are a lot of prospects that could be available at 66, that I'd rather have over Dugger or Chinn.  Speaking of Dugger, where would you have him play in our defense?  Weakside linebacker?  Ideally he'd be in the same role as Landon Collins...but Collins has a monster contract.

I don't think they will be. Maybe one or two, but I doubt any are there at 66. 

I guess if WR is so packed, it doesn't make sense to reach for a tier 2 guy, when there will be a bunch of talent still around.

Archived