PCS

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

Not doing anything - Obviously Manusky has proven to be one of the worst if not the worst DCs but I am disappointed in a player I thought would be a game changer.

Posted (edited)

Maybe time to head back to a 4-3 with Norman and Kerrigan out of the picture. Sweat's hand needs to be in the dirt every damn play.

Sweat     Payne    Ioannidis      Allen

?          Holcomb       ?

Dunbar                                          ?

Collins      Nicholson

Edited by TheDiplomat

13 minutes ago, TheDiplomat said:

Maybe time to head back to a 4-3 with Norman and Kerrigan out of the picture. Sweat's hand needs to be in the dirt every damn play.

Bostic        Holcomb       ?

Collins      Nicholson

I fit Bostic in at least for this year. I don't know how good he is, but he seems to hustle. I'm also beginning to think that Dunbar needs to be sent back to nickle where he faces smaller receivers. He seems to get beat up playing ones and twos.

Lol at the Montez Sweat Old Spice commercial. Just saw it for the first time. Who else has seen it? Not bad for a rookie to get that extra dough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Lol at the Montez Sweat Old Spice commercial. Just saw it for the first time. Who else has seen it? Not bad for a rookie to get that extra dough.

There was some triggering in the gameday thread over that lol. I'll never blame him for getting some side money. It's not like he's done it at the same level as Baker Mayfield. I am willing to give him a few years before I even consider him a bust.

• Like 1

So I'm sitting here on my recliner putting down a few cold ones enjoying the beatdown the Jets are putting on Dallas and during the commercial break had a serious WTF moment.  Did I just see Montez Sweat in a Old Spice commercial????  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

So I'm sitting here on my recliner putting down a few cold ones enjoying the beatdown the Jets are putting on Dallas and during the commercial break had a serious WTF moment.  Did I just see Montez Sweat in a Old Spice commercial????  

You sure it wasn't Keith Sweat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He batted down a pass, but otherwise, he seemed to be off the field as much as on it.  Dont know if he got nicked or they're just deciding to give other people snaps.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

He batted down a pass, but otherwise, he seemed to be off the field as much as on it.  Dont know if he got nicked or they're just deciding to give other people snaps.

He had what might have been a TFL and a couple other tackles as well. 

Sweat flashed a few times today, but so did everyone that saw the field defensively.

Is Montez Sweat even still on the team?  Or did he switch careers to become a full time Old Spice pitchman when i wasn't looking?

He looks so slow and lumbering trying to turn the corner.  Even Anderson at times shows more ability to bend.  I knew bending the edge wasn't one of his strong traits in college, but this is ridiculous.  I think drafting Young and putting Sweat at LOLB or LDE could be extremely beneficial to him though.  

• Like 1

One always expects a first round pick to show more when given ample opportunities.  I'm not going to get down on him though.  Preston Smith never got many sacks here but has 10 so far with Green Bay.  

Preston Smith flashed though. 

He had the 3 sack game his rookie season and plays where he was in the mix. 

When Sweat gets blocked, he's pretty much out of the play.  I can't think of very many plays (especially on the pass rushes) where he beats his man. 

Edited by megared

On 10/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, TheDiplomat said:

?          Holcomb       ?

Collins      Nicholson

What about Ryan Anderson the guy is built to play as a run stopping MLB instead of keeping him on the bench let’s let him play in the games.