Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

Now that I've had some time to marinate on this, I keep coming back to the same conclusion. They're holding the wrong people accountable for the sorry state of this franchise.

Swearinger is the scapegoat for this abomination?

That's what they're going to ride as the excuse for the defense taking a nosedive?

The finger is not being pointed at the ones truly responsible, the front office and the coaching staff.

He said what everyone thought and he's a malcontent?

Not buying it.

Plenty of teams have outspoken players and they get by just fine. 

This is the front office shirking responsibility and not being held accountable for all the screwups they and the coaching staff have made. 

Disgusting.

I feel like at this point the Skins are going to be needing to trade players instead of cutting them for cap room.  Player for Player or player for picks, we need a way to acquire guys where they don't get a say.  Cause agents don't like Bruce, we don't have the money to overpay and I don't see many players trying to recruit anyone to here at this point

Just heard this.  Sad and petty.  Yes, he badmouthed the coaching staff.  Probably deservedly so.  The whole thing from both sides should have been kept in house instead of on social media.  Still, the team should have let him play out the season, it's not like he was the weak link.  Just a symptom that the players don't respect the coaching staff and the organization as a whole is poorly run.

Lame.

I do not see any problems.  Let's see.  Bruce Allen at Center next year, Jay Gruden at Quarterback.  Manduslkyinswhatthefrig his name is a t linebacker.  That guy who everyone thought was a general manager about 18 years ago at safety, and we should be ready for 2019.

19 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I do not see any problems.  Let's see.  Bruce Allen at Center next year, Jay Gruden at Quarterback.  Manduslkyinswhatthefrig his name is a t linebacker.  That guy who everyone thought was a general manager about 18 years ago at safety, and we should be ready for 2019.

As long as Dan Snyder isn't the cheerleader

If this team had any clue what they were doing, the front office would’ve had Greg Manusky in the office to release him and not Swearinger. It would be one thing if DJ was throwing out baseless accusations about the coach but anyone with eyes can see Manusky is way out of his element and can’t understand basic situational awareness. 

4 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Well, it's almost certain he's going to be playing in the playoffs now, so he's probably dancing his ass off right now.

I wouldn't be so sure. He has to pass through waivers and any number of teams should try and claim him. I mean who wouldn't want a pro-bowl alternate safety on a cheap deal? Start with the worst teams in football - Oakland and Arizona. Ok, maybe not Oakland with Jon Gruden there. But still...

I wouldn’t care about them cutting him if I thought this was a culture and locker room worth saving. 

You definitely can’t have your players trashing your coaches in post game press conferences. 

Im just not convinced this incarnation of our team should be saved. I want to like gruden and hell, I like watching Johnson (more so than Smith, to be honest) but i don’t like the game day product gruden puts on the field and it’s hard to ignore it after this many years. 

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Won’t get much of an argument from me on whether or not the dude is a pain in the ass.

That said, it should anger you that the team gave him what he wanted and got nothing in return.

**** that. I'm not siding with a perennial sorry ass team. If I know I have a ****ed up family member and somebody on the street said he was ****ed up, I'm not stupid enough to come to his defense. There is no defense!!!! The Redskins are a ****ed up team!!! Live with it until they show you different. All these Dallas Cowboy fans walking around with their jerseys on, what the **** can you say about it skins fan. Not a goddamn thing!! That pain in the ass (DJ) was making plays. He was studying film. Doing everything you want a pro to do. He (much like me) got tired of this mediocre culture that's tolerated and facilitated by this coaching staff. Dumb ass players start every week. They jump off sides, they miss assignments, they drop balls. Gruden keeps it in house and allows it to continue by not backing up your vocal leader that's saying they need to take practice serious, watch a ****in film instead of leisure **** all the time. Don't start with this **** about DJ not being a leader. All season long every interview about DJ was about his preparation and leadership. Now he exposes a terrible coach on your staff, and you take offense to it.

**** Gruden and **** the Redskins!!!

13 hours ago, PcolaChuy said:

I have the win-win formula for all concerned; whether you like this move, or not, here are some tips for you, free of charge.

Quit spending money on this franchise and feeding the circus, but don't quit being a fan, hopefully it will send a message to the gnome wearing glasses.  You can do this by:

First - pick up another team as a "stand-by" team.  This does not mean you have to purchase and wear any of their gear - one way may be if you have a family member or friend who is a fan of another team, offer your support to them by rooting for their team; preferably a playoffs bound team, so you'll have something to watch and cheer about.  I'm lucky, my neighbor is a huge Saints fan, so I get to "root" for a winning team for a while.  Another team you might pick is someone who regularly slaps the cowturds, beagles, or gnats in the face when they meet; I suppose this should be any other team in the league.

Second - Stay informed on the happenings; if the gnome wearing glasses decides to stick with this circus' ring master and his puppets, get a little closer to a team that has the winning mentality - a mentality that DJ was eluding to, but call it a decision you've made on your own as your taking a hiatus from your beloved team (good spot for a HTTR).

Third - As you get closer to a team that seems to know what they're doing, don't give in to the urge to begin investing on the new team, not even a jersey; well maybe a jersey.

Fourth - Learn the art of patience - I know that we've all had to learn patience for the last 20 years, but if you've lasted this long!

Fifth - Prepare for the joyous occasion when you can get all your gear out of the closet and rejoice because the gnome wearing glasses has pulled his thumb out of his ___ and decided to sell the team, which gets bought by someone who knows the winning formula for sports franchises.  Yes, I am dreaming, but what else can I do?

Anyway, good luck on either sticking with this circus as is, or taking a vacation until the ship gets righted.

I have taken a different approach.  I have simply tuned them out, did the same with the Wiz once Ernie was extended.   I'll still post but after missing 2 games in 43 years I passed on the last 3.  

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Won’t get much of an argument from me on whether or not the dude is a pain in the ass.

That said, it should anger you that the team gave him what he wanted and got nothing in return.

Same here, hold him for another week and trade him if you are so desperate to move on.    He's young and relatively cheap, a rare tradable asset for this team.   

And why is what he did worse than Nicholson -- Nicholson 2 brushes with the law in back to back years,  that demanded a suspension (a real warning) and they are obviously giving him a chance for the moment to stick around.  For Swearinger, no initial punishment, just a verbal warning and then one strike and you are out.  As much of a pain he was with him shooting off his mouth, why not try to embarrass him once publicly with a suspension or fine first and see if that works?  I guess it is what it is now.

As for his other releases, from what I recall it was because he stunk not because he was calling out their defense coordinators.  He was a high draft pick but looked like a bust until Arizona got ahold of him and he revived his career. I thought I read somewhere Arizona was preparing an offer but the Redskins beat them to him -- Arizona also lost Tony Jefferson, their other safety that year to FA as well.

7 hours ago, #HTTR said:

If this team had any clue what they were doing, the front office would’ve had Greg Manusky in the office to release him and not Swearinger. It would be one thing if DJ was throwing out baseless accusations about the coach but anyone with eyes can see Manusky is way out of his element and can’t understand basic situational awareness. 

Out of mild curiousity... what exactly do you think he has done incorrectly?

Y'all backing this guy don't realize that no matter what, no matter who gets fired, these young players we've been drafting to build this defense will need to remain as much of a solid cohesive unit as is possible through the tumult. As if watching Snyder play fantasy football didn't teach anyone anything about how to build.. and how not to build. Right now our defense is building the right way. So which do you keep? The talent you're growing, or the guy you rented?

Cohesion is key, this season must end with the players looking at next year regardless of what else goes on around them. 

And to do that, you can't have a mouthy guy who can't listen when he's told to stop.. who can't play team ball, who points fingers and throws blame.

Dude went on the radio and threw Jonathan Allen under the bus.

Next year Allen will be wearing a Captain's patch on his jersey.

DJ might be wearing his fifth jersey in 7 years.

Who do YOU follow? Who earns YOUR respect?

DJ is a punk, and it's sad how many back a punk acting like a punk.

I have a suggestion for those lamenting where he will go.

Ask him for a ride.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Y'all backing this guy don't realize that no matter what, no matter who gets fired, these young players we've been drafting to build this defense will need to remain as much of a solid cohesive unit as is possible through the tumult. As if watching Snyder play fantasy football didn't teach anyone anything about how to build.. and how not to build. Right now our defense is building the right way. So which do you keep? The talent you're growing, or the guy you rented?

Cohesion is key, this season must end with the players looking at next year regardless of what else goes on around them. 

And to do that, you can't have a mouthy guy who can't listen when he's told to stop.. who can't play team ball, who points fingers and throws blame.

Dude went on the radio and threw Jonathan Allen under the bus.

Next year Allen will be wearing a Captain's patch on his jersey.

DJ might be wearing his fifth jersey in 7 years.

Who do YOU follow? Who earns YOUR respect?

DJ is a punk, and it's sad how many back a punk acting like a punk.

I have a suggestion for those lamenting where he will go.

Ask him for a ride.

~Bang

It would have been much better to suspend him, which sends a message in of itself and then trade him as soon  you get the chance. 

Cutting him and getting nothing valuable for him is about as dumb of an option as you can take, especially for a team lacking in talent and tradable assests.

This move right here is a huge reason why we never build anything. You don’t cut the guy...you trade him.

Cmon on guys its the right move, you cant have a guy spouting off about a defensive coach that runs a great early 90's style Defense that gives up 40 plus points to the Saints, Giants, Falcons while allowing Gabbert on no practice to march up and down the field and knock you out of the playoffs.

A head coach that is a playoff coach like Gruden just cant tolerate it. A great coach that gets there one time in 5 seasons with a 9-7 team and a year later was part of one of the worst losses in team history when he got eliminated  in the last game of the season by a Giants team that had nothing to play for, just cant tolerate it.

A GM like the legendary Bruce Allen with his 42-96 record just made one of his many genius moves that for the most part always workout in one way or another.

We are lucky to have such great people lead such a well run organization run by possibly one the best owners in all sport Mr. Dan Snyder

-All of Redskins Nation

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

It would have been much better to suspend him, which sends a message in of itself and then trade him as soon  you get the chance. 

Cutting him and getting nothing valuable for him is about as dumb of an option as you can take, especially for a team lacking in talent and tradable assests.

This move right here is a huge reason why we never build anything. You don’t cut the guy...you trade him.

Uh, yeah.

Hello?
 Washington Redskins calling..   yeah, uh, look, we have this safety who can't keep his mouth shut..   yeah! Yeah,, you heard it.. right there on the radio. Tossing everyone under the bus,.. yeah yeah.. i know, right? In public!

whart's that? Oh i don't know,, XL, maybe>? we only have one size t-shirt. Maybe you can check with the other 4 teams he's been on in the last 6 years. They might know.

So anyway, what do you want to give us for this guy that keeps getting fired?

yeah, that's him! The malcontent disruption who disappeared after about week 6. You know the guy...  Lets TEs walk free, bites on action like a trout?

Oh, not in the market? Looking for a pro? Someone who understands leadership?

Oh,,   uh..OK.

~Bye.

14 minutes ago, Bang said:

Uh, yeah.

Hello?
 Washington Redskins calling..   yeah, uh, look, we have this safety who can't keep his mouth shut..   yeah! Yeah,, you heard it.. right there on the radio. Tossing everyone under the bus,.. yeah yeah.. i know, right? In public!

whart's that? Oh i don't know,, XL, maybe>? we only have one size t-shirt. Maybe you can check with the other 4 teams he's been on in the last 6 years. They might know.

So anyway, what do you want to give us for this guy that keeps getting fired?

yeah, that's him! The malcontent disruption who disappeared after about week 6. You know the guy...  Lets TEs walk free, bites on action like a trout?

Oh, not in the market? Looking for a pro? Someone who understands leadership?

Oh,,   uh..OK.

~Bye.

Hello,

Yea Packers here. We have a running back who goes out there and doesn’t run the plays the coaches call and is a malcontent. We’d like to trade him if you are interested?

Hi Packers, this is the Ravens. Best we can do is give you a 7th round pick. Let us know.

Ravens?, Hi...Packers here again. Ok, we accept your 7th round pick because a 7th round pick is better than losing him for nothing and we are not that stupid of an organization.

2 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I didn’t listen to the Dj interview yesterday but who did he throw under the bus? What was said? 

Besides saying how practices were too easy. He didn't say much of anything. Well, he did say that when he was called into Jay's office, that it was the 3rd time this year. So, that was kind of telling. But either he didn't want to admit it, or he is too dumb to realize that this wasn't really out of the blue. 

In the same universe with claiming Reuben Foster and allowing that bull**** cousin story from Mason Foster, this seems ridiculous.

On its own. He ran his mouth a lot before games where he didn't show up either and then would make vague complaints about guys being soft or practice being easy. So..... yeah. Lose/Lose for everyone involved. 

Archived