Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

Dems in House, after passing 3-week CR, need to pass funding for the rest of the fiscal year with that $5.7+ billion in border funding they talked about. Don’t waste time on a grand bargain yet cause it won’t happen that fast. Keep destroying Trump

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Dems in House, after passing 3-week CR, need to pass funding for the rest of the fiscal year with that $5.7+ billion in border funding they talked about. Don’t waste time on a grand bargain yet cause it won’t happen that fast. Keep destroying Trump

Keep going. I don't follow your process here. They should pass funding for the rest of the year. Sure. 5.7B for border funding (specifically not for a wall but for airports and other ports of entry with technology/manpower) ok.

Then what? He was blamed for the shutdown. He is getting hit from the far-right for caving. Another associate was arrested today. If that hadn't happened, I don't know if he would have agreed to the CR.

For all the people who "voted" for Trump and are now crying about not being able to work, about to lose homes, standing in lines for food assistance, and can barely put gas in their tanks.....  I wonder is this the way they believed he would "make America great again".

I wonder how they feel about him lying or not living up to his promise of making Mexico pay for this BS wall.  How ironic.....

While they were at them campaign rallies, they really thought things were gonna be better, but little did they know they would be voting themselves right into a stressful situation over a man who is infatuated with a damn wall.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

She better not back down and give funding for a wall. Otherwise, what was the point of all this?

The GOP lost the public battle over the shutdown. They have zero leverage. 

This is a back pedal that ends in more DHS border security funding, light immigration reform and a dead campaign slogan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

She better not back down and give funding for a wall. Otherwise, what was the point of all this?

She won't.  She's trying not to rub it in, which is fine; she's still gotta deal with Trump for another year, 11 months and 25 days (but who's counting). 

• Haha 4

All the Dems really have to do now is negotiate border security funding and it's a wrap.  Trump will look even worse if he shuts down the government again in a month over a single issue.  There will be no way to spin it at that point, not that he really could now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

She won't.  She's trying not to rub it in, which is fine; she's still gotta deal with Trump for another year, 11 months and 25 days (but who's counting). 

The problem right now is the media, in this respect.  Loudly talking about Trump backing down, being a cuck, giving in, giving his presidency to Pelosi...all that is going to cause him to do something irrational.  I understand why FoxNews and Coulter would do it, but I almost wish the other side would just say "a deal was reached" and leave it at that.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, clietas said:

Curious which Dems have reached out to the WH about providing funding for the wall?

My guess would be absolutely nobody. Dems have every ounce of leverage here. They're not going to give him any money to waste on some concrete or metal monument to his failed presidency. The $5.7B for other border security measures, as a compromise, is all he's going to get.

Maybe Joe Manchin offered him a $10 spot, since he's basically a DINO anyway.

When Trump doesn't get his wall funding in 3 weeks, I wonder if we'll just repeat this same bull**** cycle. Can anybody shed light on the political/legal ramifications of Trump abusing the "national emergency" card to get a stupid section of the wall built?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

She said no funding for a wall until the government is open, not no funding for a wall, ever. In fact she promised to negotiate money for a wall but only if  trump agreed to cleanly open the government.