Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

25 minutes ago, max21 said:

I just got into a discussion about the wall with some peers and one asked me why do I lock my doors or put a fence around my house then? I was dumbfounded. It doesn’t take an illegal immigrant to come into my house and steal my stuff. What kind of an argument is that?

****y arguments deserve ****y replies rather than reasoned, logical rebuttals. 

Luckily for you, Hooper has drafted one for you:

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Trump caved. Nancy bent his bloated butt over and rammed away. What a cuck. President Coulter is going to be furious.

:ols:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/art-deal-co-author-predicts-112835745.html

Tony Schwartz tweeted Tuesday he thought it could happen because Trump “desperately wants to give the State of the Union to Congress” on Jan. 29.

Hmmm....

21 minutes ago, twa said:

It does take someone entering illegally..... the law prevents nothing in and of itself.

Tbf, locks and fences don't keep determined criminals out either.  And illegal border crossers and drug smugglers are lot more determined than your average burglar.

New polling:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-majority-of-americans-hold-trump-and-republicans-responsible-for-shutdown/2019/01/25/e7a2e7b8-20b0-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html?utm_term=.10a06de9cf35

Public disapproval of President Trump has swelled five points to 58 percent over three months as a majority of Americans continue to hold him and congressional Republicans most responsible for the partial federal government shutdown, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

In addition, more than 1 in 5 Americans say they have been personally inconvenienced by the record-long shutdown, which reached the five-week mark Friday amid reports of turmoil at airports, slowdowns at the Internal Revenue Service and growing public pain as 800,000 federal workers, and many government contractors, go without pay.

The Post-ABC poll finds that Trump’s overall popularity has weakened, with 37 percent of the public approving of his job performance and 58 percent disapproving. That compares to a narrower 40 percent-53 percent approval-disapproval margin in the previous Post-ABC poll just before November’s midterm elections in which Democrats won control of the House of Representatives.

Among political independents, disapproval of Trump has grown from 53 percent at the start of November to 63 percent. Independents have also had a lopsided reaction to the shutdown, with 54 percent saying Trump and Republicans are more responsible for it while 29 percent blame Pelosi and Democrats, a 25-point margin, slightly wider than the public as a whole.

38 minutes ago, max21 said:

I just got into a discussion about the wall with some peers and one asked me why do I lock my doors or put a fence around my house then? I was dumbfounded. It doesn’t take an illegal immigrant to come into my house and steal my stuff. What kind of an argument is that?

I'd just respond I don't believe in locks or fences. Any time I'm dropping a duece the door is wide open. That's how seriously I'd take that question.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

So what happens when the CR runs out?

We will do this again and Trump can shut the government down a second time. 

This is is a huge win for Dems. It got reopened, even temporarily, with no wall funding and now it’s on trump to thrust us back into this chaos when he wants his wall again in 3 weeks 

• Like 6

Listening to Trump now. 

• He's claiming that they are right now building state of the art walls.  
  • Need to build walls, but must also modernize ports of entry.
  • His plan includes humanitarian assistance (to protect from Coyotes)
  • 1000s of american lives are at risk from MS 13 and drug gangs and human traffickers.  Women are tied up and bound and they can't breathe in the trunks of cars (this is not true). Its at the worst level in the history of the world.  Only happens where there are no steel barriers and walls, which would stop 100% of human trafficking.
  • He's slurring a bit.  "Susspessssted" gang members.  
  • So many drugs are smuggled across the border (this is true).  $700 billion (maybe true?)
  • They come because the economy is so strong.  
  • Without $ from congress, "we will be forced to release these people into communities."  They end up in place you would least suspect.  By the hundreds of thousands.  "No democrat lawmakers have volunteered to have them released into their districts." :ols:
  • Getting off track here:  We have the lowest employment numbers ever, and we need people to come in and work on the farms.  
  • If I don't get a fair deal from Congress, I will shut it down again, or else i will use the Constitution to address this emergency.  (so....do nothing).

[End]

Shouted question from reporter:  Did you know about Roger Stone was updating your campaign about wikileaks!!!  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, twa said:

It does take someone entering illegally..... the law prevents nothing in and of itself.

How much do we spend annually on the border?

The point would be relevant if the US/Mexican border wasn't more secure than at any time in history.