Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just out of curiosity, exactly which parts of the government is shut down right now?  

I know three people who are dealing with Social Security right now. And apparently those offices are open. So what's shut down?

Only 25 percent. DHS I think is the main one, my offices have a chunk not working but contractors and essential personal still work.

National Park Service as well, not sure of all of the others.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just out of curiosity, exactly which parts of the government is shut down right now?  

I know three people who are dealing with Social Security right now. And apparently those offices are open. So what's shut down?

The parts staffed by Democrats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/422952-trump-most-of-the-people-not-getting-paid-in-shutdown-are-democrats

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I know it's not big shakes to most, but the National Archives has been closed since December 22. The Smithsonian, both the museums and the National Zoo, has just run out of extra funding and will close its doors.

There is something kinda sad about the doors to the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution being closed.

58 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Only 25 percent. DHS I think is the main one, my offices have a chunk not working but contractors and essential personal still work.

National Park Service as well, not sure of all of the others.

I'm pretty sure DHS isn;t shut down.  Pretty sure I would have heard that, if they were.  

They might well be "working for free".  And I could certainly see problems with that.  

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty sure DHS isn;t shut down.  Pretty sure I would have heard that, if they were.  

They might well be "working for free".  And I could certainly see problems with that.  

I work under DHS and some people are working as we are essential. One thing Democrats have talked about doing is funding everything but DHS for the year and then funding DHS temporarily to keep from giving up money for the wall.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

The biggest hits are to agencies like Interior, Agriculture, the IRS, etc.  I'm furloughed currently and under the DHS banner.  Uniformed personnel such as CBP Officers, Border Patrol Agents, etc. are all working unpaid.  Support staff, such as attorneys, Human Resources, Internal Affairs, my office, etc...those are the folks being told to stay home.

Number one, let's review.

FY2017, no wall money, GOP controls both houses, no problem!!!
FY2018, no wall money, GOP controls both houses, no problem!!!

FY2019, no wall money, Dems in power, hey I really want my wall money!!

Congress needs to forget Trump and start talking veto override. Because neither party really thinks he should get wall money.

• Like 3