Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Why should the US taxpayer fund the wall when president said Mexico would?

Or even why didn't the GOP fund it when they had control of the White House, the Senate, and the House the past 2 years?

Still waiting on the source for the original "facts". 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Or even why didn't the GOP fund it when they had control of the White House, the Senate, and the House the past 2 years?

In order to pass this a simple majority vote would not be enough it would need a 3/5, 60 votes. Again Ask Chucky https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/01/02/senator-chuck-schumer-border-wall-united-states-mexico-president-donald-trump/

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Don’t know why you guys are wasting your time. It’s not like the poster is adding any value. Just here to troll 

I posted plenty of facts about the hypocrites ....I get it it's not very much "value" for the LEFT....is it?

Edited by hailmary

1 hour ago, hailmary said:

The left don't want to give 5billion for border security but want to spend 1 billion in abortions in other countries and i could pile it on more but you get the point :)  2k per day try to come over illegally, 17k illegal criminals apprehended last year, 3k terrorist apprehended at boarder last year...We have 1k terrorist inside our country in which the FBI are looking at and we call this a very serous challenge for the FBI . We clearly have a National security problem folks !

NO WAY!

Please source this or please stop pretending you've given facts. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Please source this or please stop pretending you've given facts. 

this coming from a guy who said

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You sure about that 2/3 vote requirement? 

educate yourself :)

15 minutes ago, hailmary said:

Why did President Trump promise that Mexico would pay for the wall? Did he lie to the public or is he bad at his job?

I think it is the basic duty of the American voter, regardless of party, to hold its President accountable for promises that he made.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I agree with your sentiment.  I'll add that #1, just because Trump said he'll do a thing doesn't mean he can do that thing.  It seems problematic under Article I of the Constitution if, every time a President wants money for something that Congress doesn't, he could just move money around from other places. 

I always figured this, though wondered what loopholes there were in the event of an emergency or it was an opposite situation where the President needed to do something and it was congress that was being irrational.

Congratulations, btw, you're the new @Predicto of the tailgate (hope he's alright)

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

#2, $5 billion isn't enough to start building walls on land taken by eminent domain, and Trump does not want that fight.  Literally, all Trump wants is to say he won.  Whether a wall is actually built anywhere doesn't even matter.  This is 100% about whether Trump can non-laughably claim victory.  

This times a million.  If this was really about protecting the country, he'd look into more efficient way to do it.  Dems have already said they are open to a smart wall based on the technology available in the 21st century, not the f'n dark ages.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Why did President Trump promise that Mexico would pay for the wall? Did he lie to the public or is he bad at his job?

I think it is the basic duty of the American voter, regardless of party, to hold its President accountable for promises that he made.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/423054-trump-resurfaces-2011-obama-tweet-about-taking-on-illegal        .https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/01/02/senator-chuck-schumer-border-wall-united-states-mexico-president-donald-trump/    https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/27/cal-thomas/did-hillary-clinton-support-border-wall-mexico/     https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/423333-compromise-on-border-wall-our-last-line-of-defense    No Excuses,  you have plenty to read and many to question now my friend :)

1 minute ago, hailmary said:

LNo Excuses,  you have plenty to read and many to question now my friend :)

I am not asking about the merits of a border wall. No past US President, Congress person has asserted that the wall funding would come from Mexico. 

President Trump explicitly stated that any new wall that is built at the southern border will be paid for by Mexico. Why is Mexico not paying for this wall like the President promised?

Since it is a national security issue, shouldn’t the President be working night and day to ensure that Mexico pays to build a wall like he promised he would get them to do?

• Haha 1