Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He doesnt have to gonads to do it right away. He would have to be talked into it by Fox and whoever else. 

That's my concern, he already got talked out a senate spending bill that won 100-0 because of some conservative critics changed his mind.  This goes into February, that's uncharted territory at that point until Turtle finally says enough is enough.

Edited by Renegade7

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's my concern, he already got talked out a senate spending bill that won 100-0 because of some conservative critics changed his mindcalled him a ****.  This goes into February, that's uncharted territory at that point until Turtle finally says enough is enough.

It's the p word.  Let’s be honest about what happened. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3

Is there something about what declaring national emergency actually means? And what sort of powers the president had when he declaree it and what sort of justification he needs to declare it?

all I can see in the media is that he wants to declare it, it’s bad for him to declare it, and it will be challenged in court.

not a lot of facts available...

• Like 1

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Is there something about what declaring national emergency actually means? And what sort of powers the president had when he declaree it and what sort of justification he needs to declare it?

all I can see in the media is that he wants to declare it, it’s bad for him to declare it, and it will be challenged in court.

not a lot of facts available...

I'm right there with you, it is not clear to me at all.  I don't think a President has ever tried to declare a made-up national emergency.  For obvious reasons.  

• Like 1

Even when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt had to go to Congress for them to declare war and appropriate money to ramp up troops and materiel. As president, he couldn't declare a national emergency. 

If Trump declares a national emergency because he shutdown the government, he should immediately be either impeached and convicted in the Senate, or arrested and placed in jail. 

This is it for me. He needs to be shutdown.

He's boiling the frog gradually.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Even when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt had to go to Congress for them to declare war and appropriate money to ramp up troops and materiel. As president, he couldn't declare a national emergency. 

If Trump declares a national emergency because he shutdown the government, he should immediately be either impeached and convicted in the Senate, or arrested and placed in jail. 

This is it for me. He needs to be shutdown.

I think they expanded the rights for the president to declare a "national emergency" while dubya was in office so he might be within his rights, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I think they expanded the rights for the president to declare a "national emergency" while dubya was in office so he might be within his rights, unfortunately. 

Do you remember the context?  I pray we aren't comparing 9/11 to Trump having his ego trampled by Ann Coulter.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm prepared for loophole city on this one.  This entire administration has been a crash-course in why our government needed to check for ways around the rules that keep us what we are because we now we finally have someone who's going to push the envelope with them.

I agree with @LadySkinsFan , he's been testing what he can get away with since he got in office, you can't let him see how far he can go regardless of if we think he'll keep going if he takes the National Emergency route.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Do you remember the context?  I pray we aren't comparing 9/11 to Trump having his ego trampled by Ann Coulter.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/09/09/obama-extends-post-911-state-national-emergency-16th-year/90004960/

I'm still searching for more info, I'll post if I find anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that's exactly the loophole he's going to look to, since he's been peddling crap about catching terrorists at the border now.  I don't know all the logistics of how far we can go now in regards to executive branch responding to a terrorist threat without the other two branches, but we all saw them shutdown an entire metropolitain area to find one guy after the Boston Marathon bombing.  I'm fine with executive branch being given what it needs to respond to an emergency if there actually is one and there's a check on that power.  Who does the checking?  Turtle?  The now firmly conservative supreme court?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

This country needs something to happen in order for things to change. No one cares about the public anymore. its basically 2 sides competing for power. 

I don’t think that’s true. It’s the false botherism narrative the right pushes to get away with greater and greater corruption. 

I look at folks like Warren and others on the D side and still see public servants.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

This country needs something to happen in order for things to change. No one cares about the public anymore. its basically 2 sides competing for power. 

If something catastrophic happens, this country won't rally behind Trump like we did Bush. It'll just make things even worse than they are now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

The “something” that happened was a corrupt, reality TV douchebag trashing the entirety of the GOP primary field with catch phrases and dick jokes.

Not sure how you missed that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

There should be no deals with Trump unless they involve things he can’t later change his mind on/take back/not follow through on.  

Alternatively a deal where Trump first resigns from office and signs a document agreeing never to become president again and then some sort of wall is agreed to would interesting.  Trump could go out as a hero to his base (before he is arrested).

Edited by visionary