Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

They should live fact check.  And each lie gets a little Pinocchio stamp on screen.  You'll probably fill the screen with Pinocchios about two minutes into the speech.

I'm thinking that some news source needs to record the speech.  Then create a video where every time the President says something that can't be backed up, they put a yellow border around the screen, and lies get a red border.  Post it on the network's web site or some such.  

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’m good with declaring a national emergency to shift money from DoD. Guarantees it will get tied up in court, takes money from a bloated DoD budget instead of from essential services. Court challenges are likely to extend past Trump’s time in office. 

Announce that the US is creating a new Army base.  Fort Trump will be 1000 feet wide by 2000 miles long, and will be used for training our troops for roles in providing security missions in differing terrains/environments.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Announce that the US is creating a new Army base.  Fort Trump will be 1000 feet wide by 2000 miles long, and will be used for training our troops for roles in providing security missions in differing terrains/environments.  

That is actually a scary good idea.  :(

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm thinking that some news source needs to record the speech.  Then create a video where every time the President says something that can't be backed up, they put a yellow border around the screen, and lies get a red border.  Post it on the network's web site or some such.  

If only TVs could be programmed to punch someone who voted for Trump in the nuts every time he lies....#changewecanbelievein

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So, just catching up:

Trump is going on national TV tomorrow night at 9 to declare a national emergency at the southern boarder.  Asking for support from all Americans to defend against the miscreants crossing the boarder.  Appealing to the basic fear of people different than themselves.

Basic gist?

Close but you forgot the part about the national emergency he’s declaring being entirely made up because he wants a vanity wall he stupidly promised his base and said Mexico would pay for, and when Congress wouldn’t  pay for it originally, Anne Coulter called him mean names on Twitter. 

Also, this is America now. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Close but you forgot the part about the national emergency he’s declaring being entirely made up because he wants a vanity wall he stupidly promised his base and said Mexico would pay for, and when Congress wouldn’t  pay for it originally, Anne Coulter called him mean names on Twitter. 

Also, this is America now. 

That Ann Coulter guy can sure be a meanie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It pains me to say this but I don't believe our trend will continue.  

If somehow Pelosi takes over it would technically snap, even if it was peaceful.  Having said that, I don't believe Trump has the support he needs to force his removal from power violently.  He might not care, but even Turtle hints at understanding what's at stake here when he threats Trump over ending the special console.  In The article, part of the reason people don't let go of power is out of fear what the winner will do to them.  McConnel would be on the wrong side of history there and pay dearly, it wouldn't be worth it.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

In contrast, the current president wants his opponent to be locked up. 

Si, its amazing we made it this far and despite him running on that still hasn't been able to do it.  Other countries Hillary woulda been dead by now.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, visionary said:

The networks will likely find some way to get Trump fans on to cheer it and muddy any disagreement with what he said.  In the end this will at best be a wash and more likely Trump will win over some people who don't follow the news by lying his ass off.  

This is what's so wrong about this. We all know this is bull****, so all this is going to effect is people on the fence about this.  The only advantage to this is if he goes all in we all see it real time, no need for someone else to explain to us or put through their political filters.  Though if he does do that, we got bigger problems.

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Mitch and Elaine won't suffer anything, they'll retire with their government retirement and go live a quiet life in Kentucky and D.C. 

it needs to happen in 2020 after old Mitch has a stroke and has to retire. Can't come too soon really.

I’m pretty sure Elaine’s family is very wealthy. 

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If somehow Pelosi takes over 

Not a chance in Dallas, unless the Dems take the Senate. 

Even if a miracle happens and an R senate removes one of Trump/Pence, no way Skippy will allow a vote on removing the other one until after they confirm a successor. 

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

hes going to lean into it. The whole speech vilifying Mexican immigrants, fear mongering and bashing democrats. It’s not a presidential speech, it’s a hate-fueled  propaganda message as he tries to Push the envelope further toward tyranny while seeing what he can get away with

I know, all the more reason not to do this.  It will end up in a history book, this is not who we are, the whole world is going to see this and probably have a panic attack.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Not a chance in Dallas, unless the Dems take the Senate. 

Even if a miracle happens and an R senate removes one of Trump/Pence, no way Skippy will allow a vote on removing the other one until after they confirm a successor. 

Right, only way I see her get in is if both Trump and Pence go down at same time.  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Right, only way I see her get in is if both Trump and Pence go down at same time.  

And only way that happens is if Skippy schedules the Senate to vote on both at once, knowing that they're going to vote to remove them. 

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

I was initially against it, but I’ve changed my mind and agree it should be aired. It needs to be fact checked live or a network should pause their own broadcast to fact check. Tape delay by a couple minutes and advertise you’ll be fact checking that way. 

You beat me to it by 15 seconds. 

Do a split screen with AOC dancing on the other side.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That’s probably true too, but how many people can there be that aren’t either (1) Trumps base or (2) know he’s a big fat liar?  

In any event, there’s no chance its not getting aired on most networks.  We both think that’s wrong, but it’s the reality.  So Dems need to formulate a response. I contend that the response should be more than the standard rebuttal that conventional Presidents get because of the nature of Trump’s likely remarks (entirely lies). 

Have the 2020 contenders give the fact checking rebuttal.