Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

4 hours ago, hailmary said:

The left don't want to give 5billion for border security but want to spend 1 billion in abortions in other countries and i could pile it on more but you get the point :)  2k per day try to come over illegally, 17k illegal criminals apprehended last year, 3k terrorist apprehended at boarder last year...We have 1k terrorist inside our country in which the FBI are looking at and we call this a very serous challenge for the FBI . We clearly have a National security problem folks !

NO WAY!

Ok, again, fork-ear-brain scrambled........

You would think most Congressmen would understand how agencies run. Meadows not knowing SNAP has to be reauthorized.... yeah, he never cared about SNAP.

To the guy talking about Schumer voting for the wall in 2006, i say the Republican Senate backed immigration reform in 2013 and it passed 68-32. So why don't they support it now?

I have yet to see any material information on what Dems will get for the $5.6B.... seems like DACA is not on table until real risk to Dreamers emerges (note, I am sure some have already had impact...not to downplay those cases).

Again, negotiating with Trump is terrible. There's a lot of bad faith all around...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Emminent domain has been around for a long time. Recognized in the constitution. And it sure looks like a legitimate use of it, to me. 

I heard no mention of compensation from Trump. Just that he would take the land if necessary through the courts. I get thats pretty much how eminent domain works. Its essentially a see you in court situation anyway. Republicans have been trying that for the past 30 years tho and it hasn't worked. 

15 minutes ago, clietas said:

I heard no mention of compensation from Trump. Just that he would take the land if necessary through the courts. I get thats pretty much how eminent domain works. Its essentially a see you in court situation anyway. Republicans have been trying that for the past 30 years tho and it hasn't worked. 

His verbal diarrhea presser today talking about this. He went from saying that we've had zero roads or schools without It. Then said thats what other money was being used for.. Then suggested it was well on its way. Then said thats what it would be used for. So, I don't know if he's some kind of time traveler trapped in a 300lb shell. Or if he's suffering from serious mental health challenges. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

His verbal diarrhea presser today talking about this. He went from saying that we've had zero roads or schools without It. Then said thats what other money was being used for.. Then suggested it was well on its way. Then said thats what it would be used for. So, I don't know if he's some kind of time traveler trapped in a 300lb shell. Or if he's suffering from serious mental health challenges. 

6rZ8g8R.jpg.116bd27e47fd49b3ed3d7da929ae35c7.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hailmary said:

The left don't want to give 5billion for border security but want to spend 1 billion in abortions in other countries and i could pile it on more but you get the point :)  2k per day try to come over illegally, 17k illegal criminals apprehended last year, 3k terrorist apprehended at boarder last year...We have 1k terrorist inside our country in which the FBI are looking at and we call this a very serous challenge for the FBI . We clearly have a National security problem folks !

NO WAY!

The number was 4K, but it was at all of the BORDER so mostly airports, which is actually how most of the people that are in the country illegally come into the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/fact-check-did-u-s-catch-4-000-terrorists-southern-n954796

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

TSA employees have so much power. Can you imagine how quickly this would end of they all decided to call in sick? Airports shutdown?

You mean if they escalated what they are already doing?

Hundreds of TSA screeners, working without pay, calling out sick at major airports

Hundreds of Transportation Security Administration officers, who are required to work without paychecks through the partial government shutdown, have called out from work this week from at least four major airports, according to two senior agency officials and three TSA employee union officials.

The mass call outs could inevitably mean air travel is less secure, especially as the shutdown enters its second week with no clear end to the political stalemate in sight.
"This will definitely affect the flying public who we (are) sworn to protect," Hydrick Thomas, president of the national TSA employee union, told CNN.

TSA spokesman Michael Bilello said the agency is "closely monitoring the situation" and that "screening wait times remain well within TSA standards," although that could change if the number of call outs increases.

At New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, as many as 170 TSA employees have called out each day this week, Thomas tells CNN. Officers from a morning shift were required to work extra hours to cover the gaps.

Call outs have increased by 200%-300% at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where typically 25 to 30 TSA employees call out from an average shift according to a local TSA official familiar with the situation.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

14 hours ago, visionary said:

Shocking....

I'd argue many (possibly more than 50%) of Americans don't know what the Federal government does. Remember all those Tea Party people who had no idea Social Security or Medicaid were federal programs? They were hardly alone in their ignorance.  

10 hours ago, China said:

You mean if they escalated what they are already doing?

Hundreds of TSA screeners, working without pay, calling out sick at major airports

Hundreds of Transportation Security Administration officers, who are required to work without paychecks through the partial government shutdown, have called out from work this week from at least four major airports, according to two senior agency officials and three TSA employee union officials.

The mass call outs could inevitably mean air travel is less secure, especially as the shutdown enters its second week with no clear end to the political stalemate in sight.
"This will definitely affect the flying public who we (are) sworn to protect," Hydrick Thomas, president of the national TSA employee union, told CNN.

TSA spokesman Michael Bilello said the agency is "closely monitoring the situation" and that "screening wait times remain well within TSA standards," although that could change if the number of call outs increases.

At New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, as many as 170 TSA employees have called out each day this week, Thomas tells CNN. Officers from a morning shift were required to work extra hours to cover the gaps.

Call outs have increased by 200%-300% at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where typically 25 to 30 TSA employees call out from an average shift according to a local TSA official familiar with the situation.

Click on the link for the full article

I'll make a wager the call out of TSA employees creates a push by the GOP to privatize the job. We'll wind up paying more, but the average TSA agent will make less and not "get away with this Union Crap of calling out." 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Sounds like we're doing a great job with the tools and tech in place.

Wall won't make much of a difference, but lets not get it twisted, what we're doing isnt working.  Every tunnel we find there's maybe two or three more.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wall won't make much of a difference, but lets not get it twisted, what we're doing isnt working.  Every tunnel we find there's maybe two or three more.

Remember, when you hear “border” we’re talking about airports and shipping ports.  What’s trickling across the Mexican border is mostly refugees and cheap labor...cheap labor that’s highly coveted by American businesses.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Remember, when you hear “border” we’re talking about airports and shipping ports.  What’s trickling across the Mexican border is mostly refugees and cheap labor...cheap labor that’s highly coveted by American businesses.

I see, when I think of border, I think everything going over it, both ways, whether we know about it or not.  It is very rare I ever hear about the amount of firearms that are bought in America and brought back to Mexican and other Latin American cartels, for example. And yes, some of that is the result of the policies in both countries that enables this epic failure, intentionally for some.  This wall is about about Trump's ego more then what's best for both countries, he'll his name on it like he did the Jerusalem embassy if he gets it, watch.

Edited by Renegade7

This is a brilliant campaign stunt. Every Trump voter can now say the lack of a wall is Chuck and Nancy's fault. We will just forget that Mitch and Paul Ryan presided over a House that didn't fund the wall in any legislation either.

I don't see any way Trump can negotiate with the Dems -- if he is only politicizing this instead of honestly pushing for wall policy, which again, his position is absurd (you just lost a nationwide House election in which your policy's were the focal point).

Kushner and Pence have to sit him down and explain "negotiate". The fact he won't consider reopening the rest of the govt to "negotiate" is already building bad faith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

What we are doing shouldn't be discounted either. Some things are working/helping. Other things need to be better. We agree a Wall is a stupid solution. Hell, you could throw something sci-fi out there and it would be a better option. 100ft high towers every 3-5 miles apart that can be upgraded with the latest cameras, heat sensors, whatever.

****, put wind turbines on there so they can power themselves.

Boom..... as dumb as that sounds. I'd take it over slats or concrete or whatever nonsense he comes up with this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

This is a brilliant campaign stunt. Every Trump voter can now say the lack of a wall is Chuck and Nancy's fault. We will just forget that Mitch and Paul Ryan presided over a House that didn't fund the wall in any legislation either.

I don't see any way Trump can negotiate with the Dems -- if he is only politicizing this instead of honestly pushing for wall policy, which again, his position is absurd (you just lost a nationwide House election in which your policy's were the focal point).

Kushner and Pence have to sit him down and explain "negotiate". The fact he won't consider reopening the rest of the govt to "negotiate" is already building bad faith.

Every Trump voter would say it’s Pelosi’s fault no matter what. 

And Trump wont negotiate, meaning offering things in exchange for what he wants, because this is no longer about a wall or border security. This is about Trump winning and not looking like a ****. It’s not a win if he has to give in order to get. So, this will drag on until Senate Republicans pass something veto proof, which will be a long time. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

What we are doing shouldn't be discounted either. 

Fair.

You know how dumb the dems are? They aren't offering the $5 billion in a high tech wall instead, or even more just to completely blow up the narrative here.  What we got is the ridiculous idea that because they oppose a physical wall they don't care about securing the border, and that's completely untrue.

They absolutely have a limited amount of time until both sides start getting blamed, regardless of the who's right or not.

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, Renegade7 said:

You know how dumb the dems are? 

Trust me. I know. They have no idea how to take political advantage of this. 

They should offer him 10x that money for everything security related but a Wall. They should be showing how much of Israel ISN'T protected with a Wall. They should be talking about the Airports and other ways that wouldn't be helped if money was just given for a Wall. They should talk about how Big Government from this Admin is coming for the land of private citizens. They should challenge Trump to come to them when he's serious about protecting all of the United States and not just a few thousand miles of the Southern border. 

But they voted internally to keep Pelosi and Schumer in charge. So we know exactly what we're going to get. Weak tweets and press releases from Pelosi that begin with references to herself.

So, yeah. I know how dumb they are. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

LOL, Democrats shouldn’t offer him ****. Congress (both chambers) already passed a funding bill on December 19. It was unanimous in the Seante, I believe. Trump torpedoed it. House Dems should pass the same bill every ****ing day and make McConnell block it each time. That bill funds border security at exactly the same level as last year. The LAST thing Dems should do is give into Trump’s temper tantrum. God, can you imagine if Trump was shown that he can get whatever he wants if he throws a big enough tantrum?  

The wall is not popular, the shutdown us not popular, and the President is not popular. Dems should not give him a damn thing without getting some serious concessions in return. 

This will also helpfully show that Trump is unable to govern, or even keep the government open, just as the Presidential election is warming up. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1