Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports: Foster says **** this team and the fanbase

RichmondRedskin88

Tarik was just on Galdi and said Mason was telling teammates yesterday he was the one who did it.

I liked Mason as the under dog, asked to do what he doesnt do well .... but **** Mason. **** these players.

I imagine Mason walked around proud of it, like "**** yeah I said it, ill say it again ... **** this fanbase!" .. Much to the pleasure of half the team.

tenor.gif?itemid=3523616

This is what happens when a culture of finger-pointing and 'CYA'-mode allow people to focus more on self-preservation, than doing their jobs well.  

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that this is a 'Team Captain'.  Even though he's never been a top player on *any* roster he's been on, not a top LB, ILB, or even "player that wears a number in the 50's."  This is the same thought process that led to Alex Smith being named a captain before he ever played a game for this franchise.  I don't know what I'm more surprised at, the nonsensical way in which they choose captains, or that Ha Ha Clinton-Dix hasn't been named one yet.

Even if I'm well aware that this roster isn't going to be fixed in one offseason, meaning we can't upgrade every position, I don't want this guy here.  I don't want him around the young players, and it's a disservice to every one else that actually does their job reasonably well and conducts themselves professionally.  

Bad player on a bad defense.  He shouldn't be starting.  On a good team, he's a 3rd string LB, getting most of his snaps on special teams, and making the league minimum. 

Instead of playing for his next contract, displaying team leadership or good common sense he *created* this.   

51 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Snyder - sell the team

This will never happen, so it's pointless thinking at this point.  That aside, my wife and I were talking about this incident last night and both really could care less about what Foster or any player thinks or says.  It got me thinking though, that while it appeared to be a private chat with a random fan, given what was said in the chat, makes me wonder if Foster knew exactly what he was doing by responding like that to the fan.

He said he wanted to go play for a winning team next year, so he wants out.  So perhaps he responded to this fan hoping they would post it to social media so his thoughts were out there in the open for everyone to see, maybe hoping that would accelerate his departure.  Now he says it was his cousin that posted that........BS.  

Wouldn't surprise me if this fan was actually told to post it by Foster or was someone Foster knew.  What better way to get your feelings out there than "have your cousin be responsible for responding privately on your account to a random fan who then reveals this so called private message to the world" ?  

Anyhow, there is no way anyone that watched the Giants game couldn't tell that the defense quit on the team and coaches.  My wife was doing other stuff around the house and didn't watch the game, but I tortured myself and watched it all.  I told her that in all the years I've watched this team play (which is 30+ years) that I have never seen a game where the players (maybe not every player - but appeared to be the vast majority) just flat out quit in a game like that.  And not only flat out quit, but appeared to not even care enough about making it look like they were trying.  

Jay has lost the locker room, this team is falling apart, especially on defense and yet, with the owner and FO in place, there is no hope that it will ever change in the future.  As long as Snyder is the owner, there is only one approach that I feel he can take to get the organization back to being respected again.

He is going to have to seek out a new President to replace Bruce that has zero ties/connections to the Redskins, one that comes from a team with a winning culture (e.g. Steelers, Pats, etc.), maybe its a VP on another team that he could convince to take the job.  That persons job will not include any GM duties and they will not have the final say on who gets drafted or signed in free agency.

Then, he needs to find a new GM, one with no ties/connections to the organization.  That GM needs complete control over the draft and FA signings.  The president and salary cap guys are there for input only and there to make the numbers work if they can and keep him informed on the impact on the cap, etc.  

Then Snyder needs to get over not liking to be interviewed or speaking in public and actually issue a press statement.  And just put it all out there about how the organization went from one with a rich history and winning culture to a toxic environment that made a lot of players/staff want to leave or not come here and how that is unacceptable and not fair to the fans and every great player, coach, FO staff and owners of the past that laid the foundation that made this a once great franchise.  Admit that he was part of the problem because it starts at the top with him, blow smoke and thank Bruce for what he did and tried to do and ensure the fans that he will do everything in his power to get this franchise turned around.

Then let his GM hire his head coach and work with them on hiring new coordinators, etc.   Of course none of this will happen, probably not in my lifetime, but at this point, I don't really see any other way to convince good/great GMs, head coaches, coordinators, players to come here.  ****, in FA when it comes down to us and another team making offers to a player and the other offer might be slightly better than ours, we need to have that player sign with us because of the culture, opportunity to make the team better, win, etc.  

10 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

It's possible some of the players and coaches feel the same way as Mason. Hence why there's been no disciplinary action. Even the "apology" was a lie. 

This organization is trash, 100% pure hot garbage

I get more dismayed by this every day. There is no accountability. At all. For any of this. None on Foster. None on Gruden. None on Allen. And Snyder has done zero about it. So none on him.

Quite honestly it's sad.

I think about storied franchises (Pittsburgh, New England, Chicago, etc.) and you don't hear about stuff like this. Because if it does happen it's snuffed out. 

This franchise really needs an enema.

35 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Mason Foster was cut by the Bucs because he sucked and no one picked him up until we did until later in the 2015 season

He is just another starter or coordinator that leaves here and never gets picked up anywhere, for anything by another NFL team, much less the position they had and we act like they are irreplaceable.

I think it is wise for a coach to unexpectedly cut someone. Yes someone that has value, but for the greater good of the team, potentially for years to come. Gruden seems too close to his players and refuses to make an example of anyone.  I read that when asked about Zach benched, he said he as sick.  I presume that was a lie.

I would cut Foster if we lose this Sunday and Jay can just tell the troops on Monday, who wants to be next. Anyone that doesn't want to be here, is not going to give their all. Speak now, or shut the hell up. It will be a solid first step towards the constipation relief this team needs.

There must be a Bama alum we are eyeballing after the injuries last week.  Lets bring him in.

21 hours ago, KDawg said:

I get more dismayed by this every day. There is no accountability. At all. For any of this. None on Foster. None on Gruden. None on Allen. And Snyder has done zero about it. So none on him.

Quite honestly it's sad.

Sad and disgusting really. Such a lack of accountability is unforgivable. Foster is one of Grudens boys though, that's the impression I get. 

The way Zach Brown is bleating I'm hoping for a new set of ILBs next season. Look no further that the Cowboys to see how lacking we are in that position.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

you guys act like you never said something out of anger that you regret. #movingon

Nope. I have. And I’ve been held accountable for it. 

Beyond that, I’ve never told a fan internal strife on the teams I’ve coached. That’s not the party you speak to. 

When used correctly social media media is tremendous. But when used recklessly it’s a disease.

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

you guys act like you never said something out of anger that you regret. #movingon

We all say things out of anger, but you generally don't see a regretful person follow it up with a lie to cover up their guilt.  Owning up to the mistake with truthful regret allows everyone to move on..this was nothing of the sort.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:06 AM, Tommy-the-Greek said:

The last time we won a super bowl my daughter was in diapers. She is now working on her doctorate degree. The point here, it sure has been awhile.

The last time the Redskins won the SB I was 18 years old and had just joined the military. I retired from the military 7+ years ago and will be 50 in a few years. Hard to believe. I used to joke that when I got married the Redskins started losing (married in 1992) but then I got divorced and they still lost, got remarried a 2nd time, divorced, and now getting married a 3rd time. Still losing. It's not my fault lol.

8 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

This concerns me... are we a bad fanbase?   I mean, we arn't bandwagoners like the Cowboys nor violent jerks like the Eagles, but we now have multiple players calling us out.  I try to be positive and support the team, but this really is demoralizing :(

The answer in my opinion, is yes. The fan base and media surrounding the team is no better than the team itself. It's toxic.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

The answer in my opinion, is yes. The fan base and media surrounding the team is no better than the team itself. It's toxic.

Ultimately, the fans and media follow the lead of the team.  The toxicity trickles down.  Folks love to pound our local media, but my god- they are so much softer than most even realize.

Archived