Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports: Foster says **** this team and the fanbase

RichmondRedskin88

no, no I'm not because at this point expecting anything is dumb.  The players have no more clue what the guys next to them can do and are really prepared for than the fans do. And when you don't know what your coworkers are capable of or are going to do, it makes it hard to do your job, which means your performance also goes down

If they had hidden mics in that little shed behind the practice field where Riggo and the Hogs went after practice.... I bet they could have gotten some really juicy and salacious audio. My guess is that Joe Gibbs himself was probably the topic at times. 

Point being, this is nothing new. This is just some loser who decided to capture a screenshot on a private message and publish it. In that regard I feel bad for Foster. 

That said, what’s out is out and he said it so now he has to deal with the consequences. As an employer I am sure employees have said bad things about me and our company in confidence to their friends, coworkers, etc. I have no desire to know about it and wouldn’t necessarily fire someone for it. But it’s also hard to just ignore what gets out. Social media really sucks 80% of the time. 

Well it's tough. Mason Foster, like almost all free agents, choose the team they pay for because that team offered the most money. It's sad, but true. 

For Mason he signed a 2 year, $4M deal. His deal is pretty straight forward where it's effectively $2M a season. Right now where the team is this can't be fun. Add in that the team values his future so much that they took a flyer on the PR storm known as Reuben Foster I'm thinking he's second guessing his decision. There had to be other deals where the other system, commitment or record would have been better and he's just not happy about where he is. Add in that he's 29 years, fairly limited athletically he has to be thinking his career is almost done.  

His comments about the fans are also okay to me. These guys all played We don't support the team the way most NFL teams do, but then again, we've been subject to worse treatment than other teams. It's a chicken-egg type question, but I think we can agree that the way the team treats the fans and how the fans treat the team isn't great. 

Overall I don't blame him. Losing sucks and wears on all people. I would agree that going to social media wasn't a good idea, but I'd also say he's similar to us all. We hate where we are at, but feel compelled or forced to move forward. 

1 hour ago, kleese said:

If they had hidden mics in that little shed behind the practice field where Riggo and the Hogs went after practice.... I bet they could have gotten some really juicy and salacious audio. My guess is that Joe Gibbs himself was probably the topic at times. 

Point being, this is nothing new. This is just some loser who decided to capture a screenshot on a private message and publish it. In that regard I feel bad for Foster. 

That is not at all a strong comparison, and this Foster thing is nothing like what you're describing above. It's a lot different to gripe about things among your co-workers, but do you honestly think Riggo or one of the hogs would've said, "**** this team and its fanbase" to some regular Redskin fan back in the day? They may have complained to each other about Gibbs' practice regimen or the play calls that week or whatever, but they would've kept it in-house, and I don't see any of them EVER expressing that level of disdain for the organization itself let alone the fan base. 

This is just pathetic by Foster on so many levels. To be that dumb to say these things online in this age of social media, let alone to say them to what is apparently some fan he doesn't even know personally (as far as I can tell), and to go after the franchise that employs him (I actually agree with his sentiment, but still) AND this long-suffering, constantly-kicked-in-the-groin fanbase? 

**** Foster. And **** Gruden for his idiotic and clueless defense of those words. A coach with any balls at all would've at the very least sat this guy down for the rest of the season if not outright cut him on the spot. This team deserves the support of NO ONE. 

21 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That is not at all a strong comparison, and this Foster thing is nothing like what you're describing above. It's a lot different to gripe about things among your co-workers, but do you honestly think Riggo or one of the hogs would've said, "**** this team and its fanbase" to some regular Redskin fan back in the day? They may have complained to each other about Gibbs' practice regimen or the play calls that week or whatever, but they would've kept it in-house, and I don't see any of them EVER expressing that level of disdain for the organization itself let alone the fan base. 

This is just pathetic by Foster on so many levels. To be that dumb to say these things online in this age of social media, let alone to say them to what is apparently some fan he doesn't even know personally (as far as I can tell), and to go after the franchise that employs him (I actually agree with his sentiment, but still) AND this long-suffering, constantly-kicked-in-the-groin fanbase? 

**** Foster. And **** Gruden for his idiotic and clueless defense of those words. A coach with any balls at all would've at the very least sat this guy down for the rest of the season if not outright cut him on the spot. This team deserves the support of NO ONE. 

Honestly, that was just a screenshot of it, and there's absolutely nothing that can tell what was the conversation before that, that leaded to this. Here it is:

Nowadays, in social media emojis have at least the same importance than the words they are associated with... Which nobody seems to care about. Doesn't look like anger from Foster to me, more deception/frustration than anything else. More like a guy that cared, that believed in it and knows that he won't see playoffs again. Which is something totally different.

And thus there's really not much to talk about. But there's the full set of articles in BHRBN regarding it as Finlay, Keim, Paras decided to write about it, like it's a nuclear bomb or something 10x Reuben Foster's claiming. Interestingly though, RedskinsWire had the screenshot in an article earlier, but now it is nowhere to be found... Didn't posted it, because well, there was no substance in the article besides the screenshot. So maybe you'd liek to read all about it.

If you wanna talk, there's articles about Zach Brown saying that the writing is on the wall and that he'll be playing elsewhere next year. Still 3 games to play and you're already on the move? Because you didn't like being benched, because you didn't practice at all? Guy complaining about being benched saying that "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? I guess he didn't watched the games I watched lately, because D has been atrocious... Which is synonym of "broken" to me.

So Gruden not caring about it, is expected from my side.

That should be clear to almost everyone around here. Clinton Portis slammed some guys that are already in vacation.

Some are already thinking about their next team.

Some are starting to depress in frustration or whatever.

Coaches doesn't care...

6-10 here we come, because Josh Johnson isn't gonna win 3 games all by himself. Even Disney doesn't have that in store...

Then, we're gonna clean house.

2 hours ago, kleese said:

. As an employer I am sure employees have said bad things about me and our company in confidence to their friends, coworkers, etc. I have no desire to know about it and wouldn’t necessarily fire someone for it. 

Co-worker 1: "You wouldn't believe the stuff I saw Ed posting on this football message board"

Co-worker 2: "What, he still thinks the Sooners are going to beat Alabama?"

Co-worker 1: "No, he was on this 'ExtremeSkins' site listing 27 ways the Redskins could still make the playoffs with a 7-9 record!"

Co-worker 2: :wacko: 

52 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I don't have a problem with this at all.    Foster should know better than to think he can speak in confidence these days but his sentiment makes sense to me because it has been a very frustrating season for all concerned.

I don't get how anyone could NOT have a problem with "**** the fanbase." I really don't care about anything else he said, but that line makes him dead to me unless he comes out and apologizes for it AND explains his motivation for saying it. Even then, I don't know if that would be enough. I sat out there in the cold to watch that pathetic game last week surrounded by Giants fans as we went down 40-0 with my young kid next to me who had literally NOTHING to cheer about as that pathetic defense got gashed over and over and over. So yeah, I'm taking that a little personally. 

21 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't get how anyone could NOT have a problem with "**** the fanbase." I really don't care about anything else he said, but that line makes him dead to me unless he comes out and apologizes for it AND explains his motivation for saying it. Even then, I don't know if that would be enough. I sat out there in the cold to watch that pathetic game last week surrounded by Giants fans as we went down 40-0 with my young kid next to me who had literally NOTHING to cheer about as that pathetic defense got gashed over and over and over. So yeah, I'm taking that a little personally. 

I'm certain he wasn't talking about you and that his statements were primarily about the droves of folks who hound him on social media.  He's played bad elsewhere too, but I'd imagine he never got the level of **** that he gets these days in Washington. He's just salty about all that and running his mouth.

Archived