Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports: Foster says **** this team and the fanbase

RichmondRedskin88

I laughed to myself thinking about a player on the patriots saying this, like a Chris hogan or someone who’s having a bad year. I literally lol’d at the difference in teams. 

We aren’t even like a regular loser franchise, like the browns or cubs (were)- we have to add this level of insanity every few years where people all start turning on each other. 

14 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Nail on the head...

It's hard enough having your peers do your job eval let alone a faceless cyber-mob.

But once you hit send....

I think people living on social media is beyond dumb. A player DM ing a rando fan this kind of stuff is behind dumb. He doesn’t even know this dude right?

Private conversations should be kept private. I'm a firm believer in that.

But social media has set a new precedent in life. Every year, at both the high school and college level, we had meetings with our players. We discussed privacy and how conversations should be kept that way. We also explained that social media creates a permanent record. Once you say it or post it its always there. There will always be a record of it. Had a bad day and said something bad on facebook? FB keeps a record of it and someone probably has a screenshot of it. Even if you didn't mean it. It's there. 

It can be used against you in a year, 5 years, 20 years, 100 years.

Have a bad day and vent to a coworker? They may not even remember it at the end of the day. (obviously there are lines there, too...)

Social media is a permanent record. You are responsible for what you post.

And then saying it to a random fan...

It's just not a good look. At all. And I think this comment differs wildly from what Swearinger and even Norman have said. But that's a personal stance.

I said my piece on what I believe should happen with Foster in another thread. I won't regurgitate. But please, younger folks reading this and even some of you older folks... And believe me, I remind myself of this daily as well (with some slip-ups! No one is perfect!) be wary of what you say and do on the internet.

Our fan base does suck.

I am part of the suck.

I dont wear skins gear on sundays anymore.

I dont go to games, even if I got offered free tickets.

2 playoff appearances in 20 years or so ..... ****ty stadium and now, apparently, fan base hating players.

edit - just nudging me farther and farther from really really hating being a fan of this team. So much suck.

The article I read on ESPN's website:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25519076/mason-foster-washington-redskins-critical-team-fans-instagram

Had another message he sent to that fan:  "Yeah I'll try my chances and go to a winning team next year ... love the redskins but this ain't it for the African #LOVE".

Is he saying there is racism within the organization?  Or am I reading that wrong?  

Just remember, any comments made about the current NFL team playing out of Washington, DC are referring to the Snyderskins, not the Washington Redskins. The real Washington Redskins are a team of the past but could be resurrected with new ownership and top management.

I don’t know why y’all expect the players to love you unconditionally when you won’t do the same. They don’t owe y’all anything. They get paid to play football not pretend they like the booing or the **** talking from fans. 

I Would expect the players to think the fans ****ing suck when we have people literally hoping the starting Qb gets injured when we are 5-2 or whatever we were at the time. I mean what kind of **** is that? Y’all need prayer 

Just now, Llevron said:

I don’t know why y’all expect the players to love you unconditionally when you won’t do the same. They don’t owe y’all anything. They get paid to play football not pretend they like the booing or the **** talking from fans. 

I Would expect the players to think the fans ****ing suck when we have people literally hoping the starting Qb gets injured when we are 5-2 or whatever we were at the time. I mean what kind of **** is that? Y’all need prayer 

Yeah, his comments don't bother me, neither did Norman's.  I could care less if it was leaked or if he had the balls to directly say it/post it himself.  People complain all the time about their jobs.  About 7 years ago, one of my best friends accidentally made a comment about his boss on Facebook in a post where all his friends and coworkers (that were on his friends list) could read because he thought it came over as a private message.  His brother had posted on his wall and he wasn't paying attention and responded thinking it was private.

The look on his face when I got to work and asked him why he posted that.........:rofl89:

What's more concerning to me is how Jay dismissed it and appears (at least for now) that no punishment (in any form) will be handed out.

Only reason, it shows a sign of weakness in the head coach, imo.  Jay should have just said he wouldn't speak on it until he spoke with Foster and left it at that.  Then privately after they met, let him know he was going to have to put him on blast and there would be some type of consequences for his actions.  Then speak to the media.  

I just think it makes him look like a candy ass head coach with no control over his locker room and players.  Would doing anything salvage the rest of the season, nope, but it would at least set the tone for what is acceptable and not acceptable moving forward.  I think we are stuck with Jay until his contract runs out and I don't see Danny firing Bruce.  I think we are stuck with this circus for a while.

I kind do think Jay needs to do something with the locker room. Players openly gripping about practice being soft then complaining about practice being to hard.

Comments leaking leaking leaking .... but what does he do? Try to play tough guy with players who seem to have already quit? Chose fans over his players?

Such a ****ty team and ****ty situation .....

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think the disconnect here isn't necessarily what he said.

Its who he said it to, the way he said it, and the way it's been handled. 

It shows the culture of the team when this kind of outburst is tolerated. Have an issue? That's fine. Express your concern directly. Doing it openly shows a complete lack of respect for the organization. And warranted or not (it's warranted) that's on the organization to correct. And they haven't. Which is a sad, sad state of affairs.

@Dont Taze Me Bro @Why am I Mr. Pink?

Yall make ale a good point. Im left only to believe that Jay feel the same way and probably says as much in front of the players. 

I don’t know how I feel about that yet. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It shows the culture of the team when this kind of outburst is tolerated. Have an issue? That's fine. Express your concern directly. Doing it openly shows a complete lack of respect for the organization. And warranted or not (it's warranted) that's on the organization to correct. And they haven't. Which is a sad, sad state of affairs.

Yea I can agree with that 

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Usually like the guy. He puts in a lot of effort and probably maxes out his talent. But like when the contract stuff came up. He now has a history of saying stuff. 

We know it's especially crappy in Ashburn. But other teams who see a guy who can't monitor what he's saying for the talent he's bringing to your team. I think a lot would have released him already.

I just want some clarity...I get the fans thing, he had just deleted his twitter from the hate, he was pissed, he isn't the kind of guy to say this publicly, on purpose.

I am more interested in who he is talking about as the "big money people"...At first i thought it was other players, but now i think it's actually our boy Bruce. Last year when Foster went off on social media, he went after Bruce specifically...If that is the case, i have changed my mind and i now applaud him. :rofl89::hitfan:

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The article I read on ESPN's website:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25519076/mason-foster-washington-redskins-critical-team-fans-instagram

Had another message he sent to that fan:  "Yeah I'll try my chances and go to a winning team next year ... love the redskins but this ain't it for the African #LOVE".

Is he saying there is racism within the organization?  Or am I reading that wrong?  

Yeah I was wondering how to take that too.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If there was racism within the organization I doubt he'd be saying "love the redskins"...

To those defending the comments by saying things like "he's only human, we all **** about our jobs" 

I get that and it's not untrue. But also, if my boss or customers got a private e-mail of mine that read like that, I think there'd be repercussions. Many of us would lose our jobs or become much less valuable because we could no longer work with our customers. 

Now fans-to-customers isn't a perfect analogy because our opinion isn't the only metric that shows if Foster is producing. But, by all accounts, he's not doing well on the field either. So, this would be like a person in my industry running accounts that are losing money, ****ing about his job (both his company and customers), and having those complaints be exposed to the public. 

Why on God's green earth would a company retain a person in that position? I'm not producing, I'm no longer trusted by my customers, and I'm disgruntled. 

So sure, it's not ridiculous that in a frustrating season, Foster got swept up in it and lashed out. But just because we can relate doesn't mean he shouldn't be disciplined or cut. 

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Why on God's green earth would a company retain a person in that position? I'm not producing, I'm no longer trusted by my customers, and I'm disgruntled. 

not sure, but it could be that:

- stuff like what he said gets said by players all the time, so it could be an issue of "trust me, I've heard guys across the league say much, much worse, it just doesn't get out"...

- other than in extreme circumstances, replacing players isn't as easy, productive or efficient as we want to think it is (or think it should be)...

- unless cutting the player immediately pays dividends now and in the future, Gruden feels there are far more pressing issues to deal with than this...

- coaches feel he's much better than fans do, so he's worth keeping for another three games with the playoffs still a possibility and their own jobs on the line...

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

not sure, but it could be that:

- stuff like what he said gets said by players all the time, so it could be an issue of "trust me, I've heard guys across the league say much, much worse, it just doesn't get out"...

- other than in extreme circumstances, replacing players isn't as easy, productive or efficient as we want to think it is (or think it should be)...

- unless cutting the player immediately pays dividends now and in the future, Gruden feels there are far more pressing issues to deal with than this...

- coaches feel he's much better than fans do, so he's worth keeping for another three games with the playoffs still a possibility and their own jobs on the line...

1) Could be...but the "getting out" part is the kicker here. I could tell my boss today that my customer is a pain in the ass and he might laugh. If an e-mail of mine saying that is circulated to that customer, my boss would be forced to act differently. 

2) Again, if we don't want to cut him, that's fine. But do SOMETHING...this is a pure PR situation so optics matter. Fine him. Bench him for a quarter. Whatever. The punishment doesn't HAVE to include a roster move. 

3) Fair, but for a $3B NFL franchise the fact that we have other things to do concurrently with handling this doesn't work as an excuse for me. Also, as mentioned above, the discipline doesn't HAVE to be cutting the player. 

4) That's fine too...but then fine him or make him apologize publicly. 

Just the idea that NOTHING is done is inexcusable. Even if Foster is very good at playing ILB (he's not, mind you), there should be something done. From a purely football sense, there isn't a huge impact. But this is something where a player is acting against the best interests of the team to further erode a customer base. Forget fans being sad or whatever, I don't personally care what Mason Foster thinks of me or you guys. I was here 25 years before I knew what a Mason Foster was and I'll be here 25 years after he's erased from my memory (God willing). 

But the TEAM shouldn't be OK with this given the rest of the context. The players have now lashed out at fans publicly or privately about 2-3 times. I don't think I've ever seen such an adversarial relationship between a team and its fans, at least that I can remember. At a time when no one shows up for games, local TV ratings are in the toilet, and there are other recent PR miscues...at a bare minimum this is BAD FOR BUSINESS. 

I didn't even watch the Giants game. By choice. Tired of the suck. I don't blame the players for their feelings, after all they just come here for a couple years and then leave. But the fans, we've endured too much. Watching this team implode year after tormenting year is enough at this point. You suck Redskins. You don't deserve our loyalty. Say what you want Mason. But just remember we've endured a generation of ineptitude and suckage.

At least for me ... this is not sitting well with me. Its like a growing rot inside of me. We get very little to cheer for as Skins fans. Maybe we start a season doing well but by week 7 or so you know we dont have a chance.

Players ****ing about fans ... kinda pisses me off.

Do. Your. ****ing. Job.

honestly **** half the players on this team. **** this team.

being a skins fan absolutely sucks.

edit - and Jay or somebody has to do something. I dont think I am alone in being tired of the players anger this season. **** you, you play on the field. Fans had 0% to do with the 5 game losing streak.

If the skins FO does nothing ... they are going to lose more fans. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Don't like the booing? Then don't play like dog **** and give up 40 points to a 4-8 team AT HOME.

The fans wouldn't boo the offense, since we're aware of how injury plagued they are. What about the defense? What's their excuse for playing like ****, leaving guys wide open, giving up 5 YPC, blowing coverages, etc.? They're healthy! Outside of the Bucs game where they only gave up 3 points on 500 yards of offense (wtf?), what's their excuse for giving up 400 yards and 32 points per game over the last 5? Foster himself gets so lost in coverage it's like he's playing a different game. He sucks.

Fans are under no obligation to support and cheer you 100% of the time when you're playing like a bunch of uninspired, JV scrubs and getting blown out every week. We've had 27 years of goddamn futility. The goodwill, patience, and benefit of the doubt has all been used up.

As for foster having an opinion and thinking "**** the team", I don't care. He won't be here next season anyway.

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Don't like the booing? Then don't play like dog **** and give up 40 points to a 4-8 team AT HOME.

The fans wouldn't boo the offense, since we're aware of how injury plagued they are. What about the defense? What's their excuse for playing like ****, leaving guys wide open, giving up 5 YPC, blowing coverages, etc.? They're healthy! Outside of the Bucs game where they only gave up 3 points on 500 yards of offense (wtf?), what's their excuse for giving up 400 yards and 32 points per game over the last 5? Foster himself gets so lost in coverage it's like he's playing a different game. He sucks.

Fans are under no obligation to support and cheer you 100% of the time when you're playing like a bunch of uninspired, JV scrubs and getting blown out every week. We've had 27 years of goddamn futility. The goodwill, patience, and benefit of the doubt has all been used up.

As for foster having an opinion and thinking "**** the team", I don't care. He won't be here next season anyway.

I guess that’s my point though. No love for you. None for him. Why would he pretend to give a **** if you can’t pretend to deal with it. They are under no obligation to do anything other than play hard. 

I dont disagree greed with you. They do suck and there is no reason for it. I’m just saying he has no reason to pretend. Especially when like you said he won’t be here anymore. 

Yall make it a big deal when really no one should give a **** but Snyder or Bruce. They should care.....and they don’t lol

This is where the culture of this team is at, one of the worst ILB in the league on one of the worst defenses in the league is spouting off....embarrassing...says alot about Foster too! Not sure who Foster thinks he is...there isnt going to be a big market for him and any where he is on the field they will be looking to replace him.

Archived