Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Eli’s Stoopid Face at Redskins

TK

True Story: I woke up at 2 pm. Had a dream the Redskins were losing 24-7. I get up, go to my phone and its 24-0. Of course, I'm not turning that **** on. But I predict a firing tomorrow. The defensive staff is out of here and Gruden is on the chopping block after the season.

1 minute ago, Csup said:

There’s another option?  Mock the team.

So, it's either go root for someone else, or stick around just to make fun of the team? 

I'm going to stick to my original plan - hope that Snyder finally gets a few good people to run and coach the team, and they finally get a few decent years out of the talent we have, while getting rid of our softer guys and finding a few more good ones.  

8 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I’m starting to wonder if Dan Snyder isn’t going broke. Would explain the going cheap in FA, insurance being low on Smith, and that he’s selling his house.

I have seen NFL and team revenue numbers. If he is going broke then he has made a really bad outside the NFL investment because teams make good money. 

2 minutes ago, NNT said:

Serious question. Is this rock bottom? 

Whats been worse? 

Monday Night Massacre was only 31-0 at half. 

Swinging Gate?

I don’t know if I felt the Skins were the worst team in the league back then.  

The skins are the legitimate worst team in the league.   

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He quit last week.  When McCoy went down he was done. 

They havent tries anything even remotely out of character.  It’s the same game plan as he’s had for every game the past 2 years.

He was lucky Kirk and McVay made him look better in 2015 and 2016 when he actively tried to sabotage the team by hiring Barry.  

McVay left, and the. Kirk left, and it’s been crap since then.

he can be lifted up by other people but he’s a bad coach.  He has been a bad coach and will continue to be a bad coach.  

Snyder should fire him after the game and start the new search immediately.

Bruce too.  Obviously.

I would argue that firing Bruce after the game would be the move. Make Gruden see this through to the end. He doesn’t deserve to get to walk away. Promote Lafemina to president and let him take care of everything else on down. With any luck you lose Allen, Williams, and Gruden to be replaced by Lafemina as Pres. Schaefer as VP, and Kyle Smith as GM who hires the new HC and with assurances that their evaluation won’t start until we get out from under the Al Smith contract. Either way, it’s going to be 2-3 years before we can even think of competing. I’d weather that storm if it meant losing Bruce Allen.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Redskins locker room, but then again Gruden would just be telling them its only halftime.

Even in the bad years this team had fight in it until week 16 or 17, but this is the earliest I've seen them quitting.

All bad decision-making by Gruden, flat-out stupid contracts given out by Allen, a defense once considered top 5 THIS YEAR, to be playing like dog ****.

Snyder should fire the entire coaching staff along with Allen, and if he doesn't then that would show me he doesn't care and he's not in touch with reality. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I guess the only question left that this game could answer is whether it's worth it to waste one more minute watching the 'skins this season. I mean if they're not going to show up to play should I show up to watch?

In a word....NO

Down 34-0 at the half???  This is an incredibly embarrassing performance by the Skins!

Hopefully the team can play better in the 2nd half and salvage some respect. 

It's important to play hard and narrow the gap.  There are a lot of young (and potentially talented) Skins players who need to shape their identity as tough, never-say-die, competitors rather than toss-in-the-towel losers.

Archived