Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Josh Norman slams Redskins fans after road win: 'They boo everything'

NewCliche21

7 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

As far as us beating good teams....  Carolina, I definetly agree, but GB...  Aaron Rodgers was playing badly injured and it showed.  They weren't a good team with him playing like that.  I would say we are a solid team, but not a good team.  Good teams don't get blown out by other good teams like we have.

https://www.google.com/search?q=patriots+score&oq=Patriots+score&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.3427j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11f5hl0pmj;6;/m/059yj;dt;fp;1

Of course they do. Even great teams occassionally get their butts whipped by vastly inferior teams. Case in point, yesterday the Patriots lost to the Tittans 34-10.

I’m sure the horse is beaten by now, but I’ll throw in a comment.  Why not?

Since we won or last Super Bowl, 26 years ago:

We have NEVER finished better than 10-6.

We have finished 10-6 only 3 times.

We have finished in the top HALF of the division only 6 times.

We have won 3 playoff games, total.  We haven’t won ANY playoff games in the last 10  years.

I don’t boo at Redskins games.  I just don’t go.  The team is a waste of my time.  I took a nap during the game yesterday, it was so boring.

I love Norman, but he shouldn’t have put that out publicly.  He needs to stay humble and stfu.  He’s a millionaire.

I’ve been to lots of games over the years, spent a lot of money, and witnessed ONE victory.  I never boo our team.  Sadly, most people don’t want to spend money and precious time watching their team lose, and there has been a lot of losing in previous seasons.  Also, Alex Smith is horrendous to watch and I believe his ineptness, our injuries and ugly play are just not enough to excite fans to spend money and time, despite their record.  Perhaps if players, coaches and front office were required to pay back the fans for horrible play, someone like Norman would get it.  Their season record is positive, their play is not fun to watch.  It’s the bitter truth.  I’m not spending hundreds of dollars, hours of travel and weekend time, to watch Alex Smith....who I can barely watch from the comfort of my home.  

The team/front office needs to take responsibility, and give us a reason to show up.  Their play represents how much they care about their fans and home base.  When they play like they don’t care, it’s contagious and fans stop caring. They have not been caring too much about the fan experience for a long time.  There are many things they could do to fix that....above winning.  If they want an adoring fan base to be there physically, cut prices on things, make the experience more fun, have players be more accessible to the fans.  Do something besides complain.  It’s a two way street.

HTTR

Norman has only been here for three years, where we actually haven't been that terrible, we've been...average. But Norman doesn't know just how apathetic this fanbase is after 25+ years of being in the bottom of the barrel. That coupled with just the awful overall stadium experience and...yeah, our home field advantage is non existent.

Instead of talking about it, play better. If we win games, the fans will show up and FedEx will rock.

Did Josh open his fat trap?? I didnt know, I tuned has donna a$$ out the second we signed him to that ludicrous contract and he has lived up exactly to what I thought he would be, a bust with a loud mouth who has been extremely underwhelming during his time here. Another great "put butts in the seats" signing by the Danny which have all been a dime a dozen. Just get ready for the Texans and forget about Josh Norman

Well he’s not wrong.  People say “we are tired of losing that is why we don’t go, or boo at games” yet we have the best record we’ve had in a decade and our stadium is overrun but opposing fans, and boos reign down at the slightest problem. There is a mutiny within Redskins nation. This fan base is severely fractured, this board is the teams heartbeat and is the place you can see exactly what he’s talking about. 

The fans need to own it, don’t make excuses, just own it.  We are what we are, an unhappy, depressed, and defeated fan base. And the worst part is winning isn’t solving it, because we are winning ugly? Because Snyder is still the owner and because Bruce or Jay still have a job? Nothing is good enough and it isn’t changing anytime soon. It’s been along time coming. 

I wish the 20% of the fan base that are completely insufferable would just let go and stop being fans because they are poisoning the well for everyone else. Trolling their own skins brethren for the sake of being right and to make themselves feel better. You can’t even enjoy a win around these parts anymore. He’s pointing out a problem we see and hear on this board daily.

He isn’t wrong, and sometimes the truth really does hurt.

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m sure the horse is beaten by now, but I’ll throw in a comment.  Why not?

Since we won or last Super Bowl, 26 years ago:

We have NEVER finished better than 10-6.

We have finished 10-6 only 3 times.

We have finished in the top HALF of the division only 6 times.

We have won 3 playoff games, total.  We haven’t won ANY playoff games in the last 10  years.

I don’t boo at Redskins games.  I just don’t go.  The team is a waste of my time.  I took a nap during the game yesterday, it was so boring.

This is really what it's all about and what I was getting at in my response earlier.  This team has sucked for so long, we've been beaten over the head for a long, long time.  

10 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Well he’s not wrong.  People say “we are tired of losing that is why we don’t go, or boo at games” yet we have the best record we’ve had in a decade and our stadium is overrun but opposing fans, and boos reign down at the slightest problem. There is a mutiny within Redskins nation. This fan base is severely fractured, this board is the teams heartbeat and is the place you can see exactly what he’s talking about. 

The fans need to own it, don’t make excuses, just own it.  We are what we are, an unhappy, depressed, and defeated fan base. And the worst part is winning isn’t solving it, because we are winning ugly? Because Snyder is still the owner and because Bruce or Jay still have a job? Nothing is good enough and it isn’t changing anytime soon. It’s been along time coming. 

I wish the 20% of the fan base that are completely insufferable would just let go and stop being fans because they are poisoning the well for everyone else. Trolling their own skins brethren for the sake of being right and to make themselves feel better. You can’t even enjoy a win around these parts anymore. He’s pointing out a problem we see and hear on this board daily.

He isn’t wrong, and sometimes the truth really does hurt.

I think it's because we are winning ugly, that's part of it.  I said before that this isn't a good team.  It's the best team of a bad bunch.  Thats why I'm still...I dunno..not ambivalent but not super excited about this team.

The other thing is, I think we're all waiting for the other shoe to drop.  We're all well aware of what 6-2 means around here.  We had the one magical RG3 year and his knee and whatever pixie dust the Shanahans sprinkled him with didn't last.   In addition to @Springfield's list, I don't believe this franchise has had back to back winning seasons in the same time frame.  So while we might have a winning record this year, win the division, and make the playoffs is it sustainable?  Any good thing we've had has been quickly tempered with absolute ****.  And I'm not even bringing up the ST tragedy or Guice's injury this year.  Or any other huge setback you can think of.

We're all so ****ing jaded, and it's NOT without good reason.  IMO, there's no mutiny, it's just constantly waiting around for the other shoe to drop.  

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

So far, every time this season I enter ES after a victory it feels like a loss. There's nothing but ****ing and complaining. There's almost not a shred of happiness. It's all handwringing and focus on the bad. 

You keep your grubby paws off my defense mechanism!!! ?

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We're all so ****ing jaded, and it's NOT without good reason.  IMO, there's no mutiny, it's just constantly waiting around for the other shoe to drop.  

Haha, look, I would then have to ask an innocent question. What did you really expect from this 2018 season? and if so little, why even bother to spend time on it? I'd bet you didn't expect to be leading the NFCE, being a top 5 NFC team? 

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is really what it's all about and what I was getting at in my response earlier.  This team has sucked for so long, we've been beaten over the head for a long, long time.  

These people have been paying premium prices for a  largely subpar product for nearly 30 years now.  How on earth could you expect them NOT to boo if they don’t like what they see?

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

"We've been so bad for so long." 

It's not about the past, it's the present. Hypothetically let's say we win our next three games and are 9-3 (which is possible). Do they come out for the Giants game? At what point are the Skins good enough to attract fans?

Probably a couple seasons of this.

Our identity isn’t, and hasn’t been since Gibbs 2, a defensive stalwart.  This season so far has been a fluke in my eyes.  Now, make the playoffs, win a game or two and THEN come out next season looking like the mid 2000’s Ravens and I’ll start to buy in.

8 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Haha, look, I would then have to ask an innocent question. What did you really expect from this 2018 season? and if so little, why even bother to spend time on it? I'd bet you didn't expect to be leading the NFCE, being a top 5 NFC team? 

It's a good question man.  The truth is, I really wouldn't know what else to do on Sundays when the Redskins are on.  I also wouldn't know what else to do in the summertime when the Orioles are playing.  Unfortunately the two teams I am passionate about have arguably the two worst owners in their games.  I mean, I know what else I'd do, but I feel that if I am going to be able to opine on either team, I need to pay attention.

That, and I have a disdain for bandwagon fans.  Ultimately, I feel all this misery will pay off and if the Skins ever hoist up a Lombardi, it'll be a truly glorious day.  I feel like I gotta weather the storm here.  

I expected anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 this year.  Certainly didn't expect them to be leading the NFCE by two games this late in the season.  

Are we a top 5 NFC team?  Sure, I guess so, especially if you're going by record.  But we are totally grabbing ankles our for the Rams and Saints.  Either one of those teams will completely destroy us.  And don't look now, but the Bears are getting better and better, we'd be lucky to get 10 points against that defense.  

I don't take what Josh said personally because he just doesn't understand what has happened at this franchise over the last 25 years.

I live in Tampa and had tickets to the game, my son, daughter, and wife could care less about the Redskins so I gave the tickets to a client and we decided to spend the weekend at Clearwater Beach as my birthday present.

I'm 100% positive I made the right choice, I don't care what our record is. I will watch every game and always support this team but I'm not wasting time to watch this garbage offense play in person, I have better things to do.

The only thing i took from the OP was that Norman apparently had a hand in the eagles winning the super bowl...? Quick question for @NewCliche21....how did a player from OUR team “have a hand” in the eagles winning the super bowl? The only two games he had a hand in were the 2 games we played against them last season. That’s it. So please do explain. Because I’m kinda confused by that statement ?

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I took a nap during the game yesterday, it was so boring.

I took my kid out so he could ride his bike

the other weeks i did get some crucial nap time in.

hey norman, you know why you get booed at home and the fans don't seem into it?

because you all suck. that's why. i realize a portion of our fanbase and you don't seem to get it, but the rest of us figured this out weeks 1-3. This is a bad football team.

10 years ago i'd be repeating dumb catch phrases (horny for zorny anyone?) and all into it. but you all have done this bad-team-decent-record thing a few times and i'm not falling for it again.

go ahead and find your way to 10 or 11 wins. when you get stomped out by a team that's actually good in the first round, make sure you walk around with a confused look on your face.

With all due respect to Norman, but he's way off base with this.  Under the 5 seasons of Gruden (3 with JNo), we've made the playoffs just once with a 9-7 record.  Offensively, we've barely gotten by with our unit.  The only saving grace is that AS doesn't throw many INTs.  In total offense, we're ranked #26 (which is fitting since AP has been a consistent bright spot).  If it wasn't for AP, who knows where this team would be.  It's easy to call out fans when you're winning.  Nobody on this team should get ahead of themselves.  Until a consistent winner is built, JNo should not concern himself with the fans' reactions.  

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

because you all suck. that's why. i realize a portion of our fanbase and you don't seem to get it, but the rest of us figured this out weeks 1-3.

....weeks 1 and 3 were wins though ? so “the rest of us” figured out we were a bad team after beating the packers 31-17? That sounds a bit silly to me.

A better example would be the rest of us figured it out after losing badly to the saints and falcons.  Which is true. 

Archived