Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Josh Norman slams Redskins fans after road win: 'They boo everything'

NewCliche21

Well Norman can say whatever he wants, that's cool.  I can say whatever I want as well.  Norman you are one of the most overrated loudmouths in the NFL, **** you.  Give the fans something to cheer about and we will cheer.  When you play like garbage or get burned as often as you do, we will boo loudly.

5 minutes ago, CutPryorNow said:

Who's gives a monkey's ass about their struggles, their weak schedule, their weak division in comparison to their 6-3 division leading record.  Sure they have challenges in front of them, but I'm pretty sure it's a victory Monday. I'd rather drink than turn down the free shot

Well, that's certainly one way to look at it.  If you want to keep turning a blind eye to the fact that it's a team playing a cupcake schedule in a cupcake division, I'm happy to pound some shots with you, just tell me what bar and I'm there.  But don't be surprised when this team gets smoked in the playoffs against a truly good team.  

It makes me wonder what people miss that are at those games and have their heads buried in their devices.. I see it when watching games especially against Dallas when Kerrigan strip-sack Preston Smith scored..there's a few different fans in the crowd on their devices... I couldn't believe it.. other than for maybe some pictures my damn phone would be the last thing I'd worry about having with me

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, that's certainly one way to look at it.  If you want to keep turning a blind eye to the fact that it's a team playing a cupcake schedule in a cupcake division, I'm happy to pound some shots with you, just tell me what bar and I'm there.  But don't be surprised when this team gets smoked in the playoffs against a truly good team.  

Cmon down to the Gwar Bar.  Lots of Motörhead on the jukebox.

How much of the fans not coming to games is this new PC era?  I don't see that many young people being skins fans?  Does this have to do with winning, the stadium, the name?  Would we be better if we restarted this franchise with a new stadium, color, name to possibly bring in younger fans?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Just gonna throw this out there, but if anyone wants to buy me a plane and game ticket I've lost my voice at every game I've been to and stay silent on offense. You can come here to paradise and stay in a hurricane battered house full of dogs. I'll make that sacrifice.  :D

I mean you got so much **** to say and you’re such a super fan so i figured you’d make it work and be there every Sunday right??

I moved out west two years ago from the DC area and drove 10 hours to see the Redskins game against the Cardinals.  I actually felt bad for the Cardinals fans because there were an incredible number of Redskins fans there.  We invaded their stadium, for sure.

That said, the reason why fans boo at FedEx is not only because of what they’re seeing on the field that they don’t like.  It’s also because this is one of the few ways fans can directly tell  the owner what they think of how this team is run.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well said. I might have one eye slightly closed but definitely not a blind one, and to be honest if the Skins can continually improve with draft picks and smart off season moves each year I would be content with an early playoff exit. Ironically, I live in Kansas City where the drinks are generously flowing, but my gut tells me they will have an early playoff exit as well.

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

How much of the fans not coming to games is this new PC era?  I don't see that many young people being skins fans?  Does this have to do with winning, the stadium, the name?  Would we be better if we restarted this franchise with a new stadium, color, name to possibly bring in younger fans?

I think it's mostly history. I became a 'skin fan for two reasons. I grew up in Maryland closer to DC than Baltimore and Gibbs. If Gibbs wasn't winning all those Super Bowls, I don't know that my fuse would have been ignited in the same way. I feel for today's generation. All they really know is disappointment. In some ways, I think that's why they boo even when we're winning. Even after a tough, gritty win where we played without 4/5s of our o line and the football gods finally smiled on us.

They're engaging in the self-protective behavior of someone getting ready to be let down again.

Honestly, the game against the Bucs was such an ugly and improbable win that fans of the Redskins should be laughing, cheering, and just over the moon because it was such a ridiculous win. There's tears enough for the losses and lord knows the Redskins have stupided away many wins. We got away with something yesterday! We were the lucky ones! As fans, we should be delirious... because we got lucky! 

We shouldn't be miserable because fortune finally smiled on us.

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

It makes me wonder what people miss that are at those games and have their heads buried in their devices.. I see it when watching games especially against Dallas when Kerrigan strip-sack Preston Smith scored..there's a few different fans in the crowd on their devices... I couldn't believe it.. other than for maybe some pictures my damn phone would be the last thing I'd worry about having with me

Different world now, mate. Sad to say. :( 

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now.  Tell Norman to explain to us why we can't beat good teams on a consistent basis, while his whiny ass continue to cry about our fan base booing his overrated ass.

Love the "keyboard warriors" comment, ima use that.  His comments on the Giants show he doesn't get it, they've won more super bowls this century then we have playoff games. 

The dam is cracked, water is gushing out.  I really do believe many fans are scared the Alex Smith thing has this team as fools gold, and it's dampering the enthusiasm for the team.  

I have no idea how long it will take to fix, see what happens with our home playoff game.

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I mean you got so much **** to say and you’re such a super fan so i figured you’d make it work and be there every Sunday right??

If they moved to this island I'd be at every game, yes. Not one boo out of me ever. Hell, move um to Puerto Rico and call them the arawaks and I'll try and make every game. I'd probably even dress up like a lunatic in some culturally inappropriate costume too. Go Arawaks!

10 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now.  Tell Norman to explain to us why we can't beat good teams on a consistent basis, while his whiny ass continue to cry about our fan base booing his overrated ass.

Yup. 

But I'm not mad at Norman for his comments.  He cares.  Be glad we've got guys on this team that care.  

7 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

This is fair to a point, but we beat Green Bay and Carolina this year. So, we are beating good teams.

I define a good team as one that wins the games it should and about half the games they shouldn't. Based on that, we are a good team. We are far from a great team or an elite team. However, we have overachieved this year's expectations. I was expecting anywhere from 6- 9 wins this year and nine only if we got really, really lucky.

Mind you, I thought the D would be its usual problem and the O would be doing all the heavy lifting. Instead, the O is creaking along whereas the D and special teams (minus the return teams) have been solid to very good.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

He shouldn't have said it.

He's right, but he shouldn't have said it.

There we go, perfectly said, Cali.  

I don't have a problem with what he said, because it's his opinion and he can't be wrong about his opinion.  You just don't say that out loud.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

There we go, perfectly said, Cali.  

I don't have a problem with what he said, because it's his opinion and he can't be wrong about his opinion.  You just don't say that out loud.

So you can either take the criticism two ways.

1- he may be right, but the truth hurt me so I'll be mad and pout.

Or

2- hes right, let me support my first place winning team like a first place winning team.

Your choice.

Know what the worst part is? What should be most upsetting?  That he ain't wrong. 

42 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I'm with Norman on this. It wasn't just booing. It was our home field feels more like an away game. They had more cheers AT Tampa then they do at FedEx...

Yeah, because how often do Tampa-located fans get to see us?  I'm in the Philly area after growing up closer to Baltimore but before the Ravens, so the Redskins were, and always will be, the home team.

I don't know why people making more in a year than all of us in this thread combined would make over ten years, living the dream that every little kid wants, are whining publicly about getting some boos.  Do better.  I don't think any of us whine at a job evaluation when our bosses aren't happy with a performance.

It amazes me that some people can say that the fans are whining when the fans are the ones who have no control over what happens on the field.  We're attached to it, whether we're drinking victory shots to celebrate or losing shots to forget what just happened, but we have zero control.  I will cheer my ass off when they earn it, and I will boo when they earn it.

When I worked in the comedy industry, comics who sucked got booed.  Even if they were nationally-known, the audience would boo if their performance was bad.  Nobody ever said, "Jeez, I wish the audience weren't so mean and would just laugh because I'm trying."  I don't know why we're holding players to a different standard.

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

This is fair to a point, but we beat Green Bay and Carolina this year. So, we are beating good teams.

I define a good team as one that wins the games it should and about half the games they shouldn't. Based on that, we are a good team. We are far from a great team or an elite team. However, we have overachieved this year's expectations. I was expecting anywhere from 6- 9 wins this year and nine only if we got really, really lucky.

Mind you, I thought the D would be its usual problem and the O would be doing all the heavy lifting. Instead, the O is creaking along whereas the D and special teams (minus the return teams) have been solid to very good.

As far as us beating good teams....  Carolina, I definetly agree, but GB...  Aaron Rodgers was playing badly injured and it showed.  They weren't a good team with him playing like that.  I would say we are a solid team, but not a good team.  Good teams don't get blown out by other good teams like we have.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

So you can either take the criticism two ways.

1- he may be right, but the truth hurt me so I'll be mad and pout.

Or

2- hes right, let me support my first place winning team like a first place winning team.

Your choice.

Know what the worst part is? What should be most upsetting?  That he ain't wrong. 

Your binary world isn't reality.

I don't like that he said it out loud.  I don't like that he's right.

I'm not sure how to break it down any further for you.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Your binary world isn't reality.

I don't like that he said it out loud.  I don't like that he's right.

I'm not sure how to break it down any further for you.

Nobody does. So what? We've been talking about this all year. There's been an active thread about for months. It's not a secret.

1 minute ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

As far as us beating good teams....  Carolina, I definetly agree, but GB...  Aaron Rodgers was playing badly injured and it showed.  They weren't a good team with him playing like that.  I would say we are a solid team, but not a good team.  Good teams don't get blown out by other good teams like we have.

The big difference is that things are breaking our way a LOT this year.  Rodgers injured and critical balls dropped by Green Bay.  Defense holding on to a lead through the last second with Carolina.  Terrible play from Fitzpatrick yesterday, but our defense took advantage.  Two missed kicks yesterday.  Sack/fumble for a TD at the perfect time for Dallas combined with a missed kick.

Sure, record is all that matters at the end of the day, but Super Bowls are all that matter at the end of the year.  I'd love to be happy about a Super Bowl that happened now instead of just holding on to a quarter- and third-century ago.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Nobody does. So what? We've been talking about this all year. There's been an active thread about for months. It's not a secret.

As a player for a team, you just don't say that.  There has not been a thread about it for months because it happened yesterday.

Again, I don't get what you don't get.

Archived