Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Josh Norman slams Redskins fans after road win: 'They boo everything'

NewCliche21

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....weeks 1 and 3 were wins though ? so “the rest of us” figured out we were a bad team after beating the packers 31-17? That sounds a bit silly to me.

A better example would be the rest of us figured it out after losing badly to the saints and falcons.  Which is true. 

You have to see the team lose to recognize a bad team? 

Out of curiosity, when it was the start of the 4th quarter yesterday and the redskins were winning 6-3, did you have any trouble figuring out whether it was a good or bad game? Whether the redskins, or the bucs for that matter, are a good or bad team?

Go ahead and be happy about beating a bad packers team that may fire its coach at the end of the year, with Rodgers on one leg. Sure was a great victory. 

Maybe the issue isn't that we're a bad team, maybe they just overslept for the falcons and saints games.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

And by the way, the story about booing Theismann pretty much contradicts the idea that Skins fans are booing now because of 20+ years of mediocrity punctuated by the occasional playoff run. The Theismann story instead underscores that fans booing is all about the now...trust me, no Skins fan this season was booing because of how the Skins did under Spurrier or because they are "really" booing Snyder for actions he's done over the entirety of his tenure as owner.

That's certainly a fair point, but it goes well beyond the booing. Even through the 90s, the stadium was always packed with Redskins fans, and the Redskins were still considered to have one of the best home field advantages in the league. The fact that it's now considered one of the worst is indeed a testament to fan fatigue over how this franchise has been run (into the ground). I do think it's on a better track finally overall, but it's going to take consistency and improvement for the fanbase to catch up again. 

And let's stop with the word "mediocrity" when describing Snyder's tenure. "Mediocrity" would be a step up. Overall, the team is 138-174-1 since he took over. Only four winning seasons between 1999 and 2014. That's not mediocre. That's terrible. We've moved up over the last three years to being mediocre, but what came before that period is far, far below that standard. 

Just now, tshile said:

You have to see the team lose to be a bad team? 

Out of curiosity, when it was the start of the 4th quarter yesterday and the redskins were winning 6-3, did you have any trouble figuring out whether it was a good or bad game? Whether the redskins, or the bucs for that matter, are a good or bad team?

Go ahead and be happy about beating a bad packers team that may fire its coach at the end of the year, with Rodgers on one leg. Sure was a great victory. 

Maybe the issue isn't that we're a bad team, maybe they just overslept for the falcons and saints games.

I think you missed my point. What i was trying to get at was that after only 3 weeks it would have been difficult to know FOR SURE if this was a bad team, especially since back then nobody knew just how bad the packers would end up being. I seem to recall everyone being very happy actually about that win against the packers. So to say “the rest of us figured it out after the first 3 weeks” seems strange as the team was 2-1 at that point. 

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Redskins have a garbage fan base. If you boo your team, you're an asshole. The ****ing browns got more respect from their fans in a winless season than the division leading skins do during a victory. 

The Redskins have a fan base whose spirit has been broken.  From 1993 to now, the fan base has seen some of the worst football any NFL team has produced with the exception of a handful of teams. 

This organization and team has taken a loyal and patient fan base and torn its guts out.  They have a right to feel how they have been feeling, because they are sick and tire of losing and doing so in such gut-wrenching fashion over too many years.

Just now, cakmoney61 said:

The Redskins have a fan base whose spirit has been broken.  From 1993 to now, the fan base has seen some of the worst football any NFL team has produced with the exception of a handful of teams. 

This organization and team has taken a loyal and patient fan base and torn its guts out.  They have a right to feel how they have been feeling, because they are sick and tire of losing and doing so in such gut-wrenching fashion over too many years.

Teams been on an upswing for almost a decade. Zorn was the low point. We've now hovered around. 500 and are getting better through stability and the draft. There's been set backs like RG3 and the cap penalty BS, but were a team on the rise and all these poor broken fans want to do is **** about how we're winning. The fan base sucks.

3 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

At what point does it stop though? This would have more merit if we were 3-6 and coming off 3 straight top ten draft picks. This will be the fourth consecutive year this team will be playing meaningful football games in the month of December. So yeah, Josh and DJ weren't here for those 25 years of wasteland and don't get the context. That's their whole point. Focus on the here and now. This team fights on Sundays is leading the east by 2 games and a large segment of the fan base is still complaining. Call it beaten down, battered, whatever I don't care. It's not an excuse. It's called being a bad fan.

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

More

DJ Swearinger agrees with Josh Norman. He told us on #GrantAndDanny that he doesn't like playing at home either.

Not surprised by this. Truth is if Dan were to give the fans an affordable expirence like the Falcons owner did recently then more fans would show up to watch them. Since Dan is only about lining his pockets only the wealthy can afford to goto games and those aren't your die hard make a lot of noise fans. So who buys the ovely expensive tickets? The opposing teams fans. Make the game day experience affordable again and the fans will come back.  

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think you missed my point. What i was trying to get at was that after only 3 weeks it would have been difficult to know FOR SURE if this was a bad team, especially since back then nobody knew just how bad the packers would end up being. I seem to recall everyone being very happy actually about that win against the packers. So to say “the rest of us figured it out after the first 3 weeks” seems strange as the team was 2-1 at that point. 

Nope didn’t miss the point.  I promise. :)

The team has looked bad all year. They don’t have to lose to look bad. 

As for DJ and Norman - I wouldn’t want to play at home either if I was on the redskins. 

Since 1991:

We haven't won more than 10 games in a season, and have only two playoff victories. We've had about as many double digit loss seasons as we've had head coaches come and go. We have had a revolving door at quarterback, with duck-chucking extraordinaires like Rex Grossman, Tony Banks, and Jason Campbell under center.  We've never had a competent GM, save for a single year of McCloughan. We've had teams that alternated between historically bad defense, and embarrassingly awful offense (including this very year). We've haven't had back to back playoff seasons even once, and even when we do make the playoffs, we get casually swept out. We have a lunatic as an owner, and a bunch of asshat yes men in the front office. We also didn't resign the only good quarterback we've drafted and developed in the last 25 years.

If JNo wants to know why fans are staying away, perhaps look beyond the last two seasons. I understand his frustration, but he needs to look back further. Until this team starts winning consistently, we won't have a home field advantage.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Teams been on an upswing for almost a decade. Zorn was the low point. We've now hovered around. 500 and are getting better through stability and the draft. There's been set backs like RG3 and the cap penalty BS, but were a team on the rise and all these poor broken fans want to do is **** about how we're winning. The fan base sucks.

I get that it has gotten better recently, but it's going to take at least one dominant season (offense, defense, and special teams) to heal the fan base from its football version of PTSD.

17 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Not surprised by this. Truth is if Dan were to give the fans an affordable expirence like the Falcons owner did recently then more fans would show up to watch them. Since Dan is only about lining his pockets only the wealthy can afford to goto games and those aren't your die hard make a lot of noise fans. So who buys the ovely expensive tickets? The opposing teams fans. Make the game day experience affordable again and the fans will come back.  

Sorry, I don't see the price being problem for many. Richest people in the country are people in the DMV area.

19 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:
DJ Swearinger agrees with Josh Norman. He told us on #GrantAndDanny that he doesn't like playing at home either.

These players should stop while they are ahead, I bet Lafemina is pulling his hair out right now.

Whether they are right or wrong you don't call out your customers when you're trying to win them back, its bad business. 

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Nope didn’t miss the point.  I promise. :)

The team has looked bad all year. They don’t have to lose to look bad. 

As for DJ and Norman - I wouldn’t want to play at home either if I was on the redskins. 

Maybe I’m not being clear in what I’m trying to say. 

Week 3, Vs packers. We won 31-17. You said “the rest of us figured out in weeks 1 to 3 that they were a bad team”. My point is that AT THE TIME, nobody knew for a fact if the team was good or bad. 

at THIS point, right now? Yes. It is true to say the team is bad. BACK THEN, after having beaten the packers, a team that a lot of people still thought would have a good season? No.

THAT was my point. Hope that helped.

1 minute ago, mike42 said:

Sorry, I don't see the price being problem for many. Richest people in the country are people in the dmz area.

If your saying that an average earner in that area can afford a game I disagree. That's the root of this issue. The price to take a family to a game has grown past your average wage earners affordability.

Only the wealthy can afford to go now. Who do you think would be more loud and get behind a team? A 9-5er or someone wealthy?

The average Joe was who filled up RFK stadium, I know I was one of them many many times. That was a good experience as a fan. Fed Ex so cost much more to go see a game that the average man can't/won't go.

Get the prices down to where an average earner can afford to go and they will. Price it out of there reach and they won't.   

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Love the "keyboard warriors" comment, ima use that.  His comments on the Giants show he doesn't get it, they've won more super bowls this century then we have playoff games. 

The dam is cracked, water is gushing out.  I really do believe many fans are scared the Alex Smith thing has this team as fools gold, and it's dampering the enthusiasm for the team.  

I have no idea how long it will take to fix, see what happens with our home playoff game.

I don't get mentioning the "dam is cracked, water is gushing out" and "see what happens with our home playoff game" in the same post...? <_<

4 minutes ago, mike42 said:

Sorry, I don't see the price being problem for many. Richest people in the country are people in the dmz area.

The bigger issue is that the price of the cheapest tickets now exceed what the market says what they should be.  In the past, the secondary market adjusted because brokers cared more about offloading the tickets than appeasing season ticket holders.  

25 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

So Redskins fans are more poor than fans of the other 31 NFL teams?  

I can see where Norman and Swearinger are coming from. I was at the season opener, and you could just feel the energy get sucked out of the team when they came out to a half empty stadium. I feel like the lack of stadium energy was part of the reason we looked so flat that game. I have no stats or hard evidence to base that on, though.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Tell us more about the game you attended a decade ago and paint very broad pictures about the fanbase with.  Since when have you ever been a beacon of positivity?   

7 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I can see where Norman and Swearinger are coming from. I was at the season opener, and you could just feel the energy get sucked out of the team when they came out to a half empty stadium. I feel like the lack of stadium energy was part of the reason we looked so flat that game. I have no stats or hard evidence to base that on, though.

I think this is so true. Obviously no way to prove it, but to come off a convincing first game on the road back to a half empty stadium has to let the wind out the sails a bit. If that place was rocking, I have a tough time believing they play that flat.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The only thing i took from the OP was that Norman apparently had a hand in the eagles winning the super bowl...? Quick question for @NewCliche21....how did a player from OUR team “have a hand” in the eagles winning the super bowl? The only two games he had a hand in were the 2 games we played against them last season. That’s it. So please do explain. Because I’m kinda confused by that statement ?

Man we've got some kids skipping school today.

You answered your own question.  Norman's game (didn't play the second one) against the Eagles.  First pass of the game hits him right in the hands.  First pass of the season.  And he drops it.  Someone had a problem with that who has the same name.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/09/redskins_josh_norman_impressed_by_eagles_carson_we.html

Norman had a chance to make a big play of his own, as Wentz's first pass of the game hit Norman right in the hands about 40 yards down the field. The pass, which was intended for receiver Torrey Smith, bounced off of Norman's hands. Two plays later, Wentz found Agholor for the long touchdown. 

"That is one of the plays in the game you have to come down with it," Norman said. "I had my hands on it. No excuses for it."

Ah, so Norman said it.  And yes, they went on to score a touchdown on that drive.  Take out the debacle of a call (his arm was going forward) about the end of the game fumble touchdown, and that's a huge seven points that he gave to them.  That dropped interception, had he caught it, would've raised his entire season total to one.

Anything else you need explained?  Next time we can talk about tides or why the Sun is hot.

Archived