Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

Very nice get for a D that is already ascending.  Something has seemed off with Montae this year. Wasn't loving much of what we saw out of him, has not made many plays.  This bolsters the DB group as HaHa has shown to be a playmaker. Doubling down on our strength was probably the best thing we could have done, way less risk then hoping for a WR to shine. A+ for the front office today.

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

this might be the most funniest **** ive ever seen in football, especially now in retrospect.

HaHa.....no pun intended.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I'm reading a lot of fan comments say he sucks in run support and is very inconsistent. 

These true or just opposing fan comments?

he is rather inconsistent. but when he's on, he's on.

and cmon. his name is HaHa Clinton-Dix. jersey sales baby.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm reading a lot of fan comments say he sucks in run support and is very inconsistent. 

Most fans are pissed about this, make no mistake. Check out reddit. They're baffled over the trade value when a compensatory pick would have netted them about the same in 2020.

I'd be a lot more excited about this if the packers were 1 and 7 but the fact that they still have a legit shot at the playoffs makes me wonder if they felt he was a weakness more than a strength. 

I guess since he wasn't too expensive and we'll probably get a comp pick anyway it doesn't matter if he sucks it certainly shouldn't make us worse.

This is a good trade, Montae showed promise last year but starting from training camp he's been getting abused. He's one of the lowest ranked safeties in the NFL and he makes mental mistakes.

Dix is 25 years old so they didn't get him for depth, he's Montae's replacement.

Good job to the FO but we need to see production before you can really say this was a good move but at face value with us only giving up a 4th this looks like a very good deal.

I'm guessing the FO and coaches didn't feel the need to make a move for an older WR when the ones we have are getting open. Thomas or Tate probably wouldn't change much here but strengthening the weakest part of our defense would.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981613/article/packers-s-ha-ha-clintondix-traded-to-redskins

The trade strengthens a Redskins defense that has smothered opponents with its front seven in recent weeks.

Even if it ends up only a being rental, the NFC East-leading Redskins bolstered the back end of their defense big time by picking up Clinton-Dix. He will slide into the free safety role next to D.J. Swearinger, who is having a Pro Bowl-caliber season. Adding Clinton-Dix to the secondary gives the Redskins the No. 2 and 3 rated safties this season, according to Pro Football Focus grades.

Clinton-Dix has never missed a game in his career and started 55 straight regular-season games in Green Bay. For his career, Ha Ha has generated 378 tackles, 25 passes defended, 14 interceptions, 5.5 sacks and three forced fumbles. His range on the back end of the Redskins defense will be a welcome addition to an already stellar D.

Sitting at 5-2, with the division title in sights, the time was now for the Redskins to make a move.

Meanwhile, the Packers shipped out a player they were poised to lose after this season. Despite remaining in playoff position, Green Bay likely felt getting a mid-round draft pick was worth cutting bait now.

** for those of you wondering why the comp value was so low and if something was "wrong"

the bolded above should answer that.

Interesting move. I wonder how hard it is to integrate a safety midseason? I imagine communication is key, but I don't know how hard it is to get on the same page in terms of schemes and concepts. That was my biggest concern about trading for a receiver.

Then again, I'm probably overthinking it. Strong move.

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He was the 2nd highest rated S in the league on PFF. Now PFF isn't the end all be all but if you're that highly rated you're probably at the very least pretty good.

Most Packer fan responses I'm reading hate this deal as they should. They gave away a talented young player for basically nothing(we get a 4th back in 2020 as a comp pick if he leaves in FA now anyway) in a season where they're still in the hunt.

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Disagree 

I love the move but if they were all in we would've got some WR help. Our biggest hole by far. Our offense has been horrible and Haha can't help that.

I’m assuming you base this post off of reviewing coach’s film while knowing the play calls and what was supposed to be happening?

1 hour ago, TK said:

FO is clearly ALL IN on playoff/SB run

With the Eagles going for Tate with a 3rd.

I think going Clinton-Dix for a fourth is a nice counter move.

It's interesting to note that when our division foe went RB, we went DL, and when they go WR we go Safety.

Best part is that Dix is the N°2 rated Safety from PFF, and DJ is 1st.

With our DL, we're clearly telling the league: we've been shutting your running game, we're now gonna shut your passing game.

Anyway, BHRBN is updated with all those articles regarding the move, and I expect a few more in the next hour or two.

Disagree 

I love the move but if they were all in we would've got some WR help. Our biggest hole by far. Our offense has been horrible and Haha can't help that.

These comments about the WR position make no sense when you analyze Alex's poor timing, missed targets, etc..  Until our QB can get in the range of the receivers we already have why in hell would we do that?  It makes zero sense.  Folks are on here saying Smith just needs to get his "timing" down, OR there are TOO many receivers etc.  

As far as the Dix signing i am all for it.  He gets into the energy of this tenacious group he is going to have a lot of fun and continue to be in the action.

I think we gave them a 4th round pick. More interested in the per year salary. 

Disagree 

He did catch a pass from Alex Smith in week 3, so maybe he can help.

Archived